Thread: Cats and books!

Cats and books!

I remember we once had a picture thread of cats and books. Maybe we can start a new one, because it seems I have tons of cats'n'book-photos to share, especially with Luna. I was thinking that maybe in secret, she has learned reading? LOL

(Posted some of these before, but the first ones are new).

So, if you have pictures of your kitties enjoying the world of literature, please share!

Kirsten

Cats and books

Luna is a literature kitty, I love it! She's obviously very interested in her book. No wonder she's such a smart girl! Love the pictures, they're great!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Cats and books! My two favorite things!!! This is a great thread; I can't wait to see all the literature-loving felines
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Cats,and Books are very high,on my list,as well,especially Books,with Cats,as main characters!
    I hope,that theres a Mrs Murphy Book,coming out very soon.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu
    Cats,and Books are very high,on my list,as well,especially Books,with Cats,as main characters!
    I hope,that theres a Mrs Murphy Book,coming out very soon.

Oh, me too, Gary! I love the Mrs. Murphy books. I'm looking forward to a new one too.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

Great pics, Luna is lovely!

I am at work now, but I think I don't have a single picture of cats and books!!! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by lady_zana
    I love the Mrs. Murphy books. I'm looking forward to a new one too.
    Might be a stupid question, but what are Mrs. Murphy books? Who's the author? I can try to find them in some international libraries, I love reading too!

Sadly, the girls have not developed a passion for literature, despite my best efforts. Samantha even gets a bit bored sorting through her mail!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59
    Might be a stupid question, but what are Mrs. Murphy books? Who's the author? I can try to find them in some international libraries, I love reading too!
    Mrs. Murphy books are a series of books by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown (her cat! - if it's written by a cat you know it's going to be great!) They are mysteries. A lady named Harry lives on her farm with her two cats, Mrs. Murphy and Pewter, and her doggie, Tucker. The animals can talk to each other though the humans can't understand them. It's Mrs. Murphy with the help of the other farm animals who help solve the mysteries.

Here are a few of the titles:
    Whisker of Evil
    Catch as Cat Can
    The Tail of the Tip-Off
    Claws and Effect
    Sour Puss (this one will be the newest; it's not released just yet)

I hope you enjoy them! I just love them

Thanks for the information! I will look for these books!

Wow, I need advice!

I just looked on Internet, there are several libraries that sell the books from Rita Mae Brown in my country, but there are many titles, even more than those you suggest.
    So my question is: which ones are your favorite? I don't know what book to choose as a start
    Thanks for your opinions!

The mysteries are only the books written with Sneaky Pie Brown. The books by just Rita Mae Brown aren't Mrs. Murphy mysteries....I wish I could tell you which one is my favorite but I just don't know! I've loved all of the Mrs. Murphy books.