Thread: I wasn't going to tell you all this.....But...

I wasn't going to tell you all this.....But...

I just have to, when Zara died Hubby said to me i could have one of the kittens, I was of course thrilled to bits and knew hubby was doing this to help me get over Zara's death, I want one so bad......but I know in my heart of hearts I cannot really afford another, it would be an awful struggle, and i have just found out Ash's dental treatment is going to cost me at least $250 dollars that i don't even have and will need to save up for, he has to come first.

It really is the hardest decision i have had to make, I am so torn between my love for the kittens and knowing i can give one a decent home, but still i also know that someone else out there can to and maybe even better because they don't have other kitties to consider, the timing just isn't right, but it is so hard as the tortie girl is exactly what my next kitty will look like, if only i were richer eh? please don't try to talk me into it, as i know it would not take much,but i just have to be strong here and say NO, because it is for the best, in a way i wished Hubby had never suggested it, but he was only trying to be kind hearted i know that, but leaving them on Sunday at the shelter is going to be even harder than before .

Melissa I have not told as she also had her heart set on keeping Tortie girl, and she would not quite understand.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Oh Carole

I know how difficult it is to fall head over heals for a kitty and being torn between keeping it or letting go. Your kitty's needs come first, for sure! Maybe the timing stinks for a reason. Maybe there's some other kitty in need out there just waiting for you to adopt it.

Whatever the reason, you need to do what is best for Ash AND you.

HUGS to you! Sit back, take a deep breath and give yourself a break. You've been through alot with all the rescuing you've done. Give your mind and body a rest.

xoxoxoxoxox

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thanks Donna, I need people to put things in perspective for me sometimes, I am the biggest worry wart alive I think, and I ponder things over and over in my mind, believe me when all this is done I am going to go away somewhere, well thats after I have paid for Ash first of course.

Yes the timing is not right, and you are so wise in saying that maybe there is a good reason for that, my next kitty will come along when it is meant to, I mean there have been a lot of beautiful kitties in my life lately and I have managed to let them all go, for good reasons, and yes the time will come eventually.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's too bad You are doing whats right though.

{{hugs}}

Melissa's friend is going to ask her mother is she can take two kittens, I am not holding my breath, they already have two cats, but they are well off and she might agree to one at least, fingers and paws crossed,and yes they are responsible pet owners, will spay and neuter and be well looked after, i would not let them go unless they were going to do all that, they would be better off at the shelter otherwise, would be awesome though, because then we could get to see them, please pray she takes at least one. She is interested in Tortie girl Yahoo and Ginger boy.

I have some delightful pics of the kittens taken a week or more ago and some recent ones, but i cannot seem to get them uploaded on here at all, i have been trying for ages with no luck, and i so want you to see them, especially my newer ones. can anyone assist me please????
    Furangels only lent.

Dear Carole, just remember, things happen for a reason. Sometimes it seems so unfair and cruel. When the proper time comes, you'll have your Tortie. You are doing what you must, first. You must take care of Ash. Don't fret, life works in mysterious ways!

I've been Boooo'd!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Ah, Carole...this is such a hard situation all around...I've been reading all of your posts, just not replying to much lately...but, I want you to know my heart is with you. And, all the precious cats...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Yes i know I have resigned myself to the fact that i am not having one of the kittens, I had made my mind up about that because i have to be practical, we cannot always have what we desire and good things come to those of us who wait, i have always believed that little saying and Karen you are right I will have my tortie girl when the time is right and she will be very special I know that, in the meantime i am blessed to have the two precious furbabies I have and they take top priority, poor kitties must have noticed not getting quite as much attention lately as I have been so busy with my other kitties.

Even though it has all been hard for me emotionally mostly, i feel a great deal of happiness in what has been achieved and it is extremely rewarding, one has to take the downfalls with the highs, even though it is hard to bear at times.

Finns mom I hope you are ok, feel free to Pm if you need a chat, I have noticed you have not been around as much, hope all is well with you.
    Furangels only lent.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole
    Finns mom I hope you are ok, feel free to Pm if you need a chat, I have noticed you have not been around as much, hope all is well with you.

Thank you thank you. I know your door is open to me, as mine is to you. I'm absolutely splendid, though, actually. Just addicted to a different website for the moment. Nothing major at all...I'll keep you posted on anything big going on, though...I may be getting a job as a preschool photographer, it's a possibility....sorry for the tangent, I guess I should send this in a pm. Ah, poo. ha ha. anyway, thanks again for the offer of a chat...I may take you up on that one day, just for the fun of it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

No problem just glad to hear all is good, way to go girl. GOOD LUCK with getting the new job.
    Furangels only lent.

Many times in life it turns out the the RIGHT thing to do, is the HARDEST thing to do.

Those babies are highly adoptable and will find homes fairly fast, I am certain. (this is the logic I use when I foster young-uns).

And I wholeheartedly agree with the wisdom stated above....Maybe the timing stinks for a reason. Maybe there's some other kitty in need out there just waiting for you to adopt it. I won't bore you with the details, but this has happened to me at least two times.

SO, thank your husband for wanting to give you this gift, and then tell him you will take him up on that offer at a later time.

Aw, Carol, I know your struggle. What do you think took me so long to make Flutter's adoption official? I was being hit constantly for hundreds of dollars in vet fees for Pouncer.... how could I adopt another cat knowing the cats I have already were costing me money.... especially another cat that I know has a high rish of major health problems as she grows older?

I'll tell you how: I followed my heart. The money always has a way of finding its way to us when we need it. I save when and how I can for the vet bills, like right now I'm saving for Nicki's senior vet workup.... and once I have the money I'm going to call the vet and have the appointment set upo. I already know the costs, so I won't be surprised with too little money on the day of the appointment.

Now if in your heart you KNOW you won't be able to spare even an extra $100 a year for vet visits, then your heart will know its not a good thing to do.

Carole, I understand how you feel as I'm in the same situation right now. So many shelter pups are stealing my heart (especially Bongo), but I know deep down that I can't afford the vet costs of another dog nor do I have the room. (Add on top of that my possible eviction if the landlord caught me with two dogs).

Some day when I'm in a real home and more stable financially, Andy and I will add a second dog to our lives.

But now is just not the time, as much as it pains me.

The decision may be hard, but it'll work out in the end.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I understand how hard that is too. I trapped a little black and white kitten a few weeks ago. Justin wants to adopt him, I however am a little hesitant. I don't want to undo the balance and peace that my house has. I don't want to rile things up by adding another. I have a lot of projects to do this year too, we need to build a bigger bird room and turn the current one into an office. Adding another cat right now probably isn't the best idea, but we'll see.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Thanks all, everything everyone has said has made sense and I already knew the pros and cons and that it just is not right timing, for one reason or another i just have to wait for my tortie girl and be happy i have the two lovely precious furbabies I do have, Ash is at the age where he is going to need extra care, maybe special diet whatever so he has to take top priority and I want to be able to offer that to my Lexie as she ages as well, I think two is my limit , even that is a struggle at times, I have ongoing health problems that cost me as well, so I just have to be darn sensible, still does not stop me wanting though does it lol, my dream of owning a tortie girl will come true oneday in the future that i am sure of , and I just have a feeling she is going to extra special that girl.

Jen just wait until i can get pics posted of these sweeties, I have had trouble uploading on PT, it just won't happen, I am sending pics to Lisa and hopefully she might beable to post them if not I will be asking for some help from others here , I still cannot decide which one is the cutiest, to be honest I love them all dearly, each one is cute in their own way , the biggest boy is probably my favourite to look at, but I am still drawn to the Tortie girl who i have a feeling is going to be a lap cat too, they are all lovely and tame and used to handling and humans, not like vickys kittens who hissed and spat and had not been tamed at all, so they will be lovely pets, vicky's babies are fine now too, and two in new homes, isn't that what makes one's day purrfect.
    Furangels only lent.