Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got a photography job!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)

I got a photography job!

Ok, so, I finally will be working again. I've been unemployed since September, and, sick for most of that time. I'm sick again, actually, but, will be able to see a doctor soon, I hope. And, it's not as bad as it was before, so, I hope to be able to work through the week.

But, I got a job as a photographer. It's more about dealing with children than the photography aspect, but, hey...it's a start. I'll be taking portraits of pre schoolers at their schools and daycares. Infants to around five or six year olds.

It's good pay, and, they pay mileage and an hourly wage while I'm driving and while I'm working, of course. They also pay for hotels if I need to stay overnight. Which I'm doing this week, for training. I'm driving up to North Carolina for three nights and three days tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. Training lasts for four weeks, one of those weeks is spent with the North and South Carolina photographers, on the beach in North Carolina (not that it's warm, but, it'll still be pretty). So, yeah, it's training, but, it's also celebratory. So, that'll be fun. I think that's the third week.

Anyway, I also got a job at a women's gym, and, I've worked a couple of days. I told them about the opportunity with the photography position, and, that it may interfere or completely cancel out the job there. So, I'm going in today to work, and, to drop the news that I will be out of town all week. I kinda hope they'll work with me and the schedule, because it's free gym and tanning memberships! That's awesome!

So, things are finally looking up for me. I knew if I searched hard enough and was patient, that I would find things I could actually enjoy. The photography thing is going to be a challenge, and, these next few weeks will see if I'm a good fit for them, and, vice versa.

That's my news, you guys. It's the main reason I haven't been on Pet Talk as much, just been having a crazy time of it lately.

And, to all of you wonderful friends I received Christmas cards from, as soon as I get a paycheck, I'll be mailing my cards out to you. Just in time for Valentine's Day. Thanks for being so patient with me on that front.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Congratulations! I am sure you will do great at the photography job. I know that you have posted some wonderful pictures here and it seems to be something you really enjoy. Sounds great!

CONGRATULATIONS KARI!!

An awesome job for an awesome lady! This is wonderful news. Enjoy the job but first.....CELEBRATE!! You deserve it
    Plant a giant kiss on Finn's adorable nosie for us!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Congrats! Sounds like a fun job!

WOW! That sounds like a great job!! CONGRATULATIONS!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Kari, thats wonderful news!! I'm so happy for you.

Thank you Kay for the beautiful sig!

"We can judge the heart of man by his treatment of animals"

~Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower~

Way to go!!!! You must be soooooo excited!!!!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Congratulations on your new job, it sounds great! Good luck!!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Thanks, guys! I am very excited about this chance. What's crazy, though, is that I have something else in the works that might even take me away from the photography job. I've had a good year, so far, let's just say that. There are some negatives to the photography job, just like anything else...really really early hours...a lot of driving, which I love, but, my car may not like much!...and, working around kids all the time. And, working around kids all the time, I don't mind so much as just the constant state of sneezing and coughing and snot and boogers, hahahaha. So, if this other opportunity comes up, I'll take it, as it will mean a new car, better benefits, better pay, and, the chance to get into some training for photography. So, I wouldn't be giving up the photography thing completely. Anyway, I'm excited just to be working again, and, who knows what life has in store for me. I have a feeling this will be a good, good year for Finn and me.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Kari I am so happy for you and Finn I hope everything works out and your year keeps getting better and better.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Big time congratulations are in order! It sound like a great opporunity and a great company.

Congrats!!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Well, good luck with everything, and you've at least got one photography job, even if the other doesn't come through. And just think - if you end up traveling, maybe you'll get to meet more Pet Talk folks!

Kari I am delighted for you, it sounds an awesome job, and could not have happened to a better person, sorry to hear you are unwell again though, poor you,you have sure had your lot this year,i hope you feel better soon and now that things will be on the upside from now on, might put you off kids for life though, just kiddin, lol, excuse the pun, i wish you the best in your new career and hope everything else at the gym works out too, good luck and good on you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That is great. I am so happy for you. Sounds like a great job. Hope it all works out for you.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.