Poor Jewelz! What a traumatic time it’s been for her. She has tried so hard to comfortably adjust, only for things to set her back.

1. One morning as I was getting ready for work I hear a loud racket which came from the computer room. I look in there to see some items on the floor. Didn’t think too much of it at first but when I wasn’t seeing Jewelz I began to wonder. Sure enough she had managed to fall behind our built in desk and book shelves. Kevin had to take the top of the desk apart to get her out.

2. She managed to be brave enough to join everyone in the kitchen area, and on the counter waiting for breakfast, only to have one of the cats claw at her and caught her (thankfully, only) in the lid of the eye. Blood every where. Now she waits in her “safe” spot (which is behind the TV wall unit) for her breakfast.

3. I’m sound asleep when I was startled awake by some huge noise in the house. Then I hear Kevin running like crazy. I jump up, heart pounding, and start yelling “what is going on”? Come to find out Jewelz managed to get a large paper sack handle around her neck and was running terrified through the house. Kevin was hot on her heels trying to catch and rescue her.

So now, she timidly comes out very infrequently from behind the TV wall unit to eat and catch a scratch behind the ear. I’m hoping one day she will forget all the trauma and be able to feel comfortable enough to stay out amongst the living!