Thread: We couldn't live alone- please welcome Orion - new pics #56/57

Threaded View

We couldn't live alone- please welcome Orion - new pics #56/57

I had no idea how tough it would be to have a house completely without cats.
    I came home and my mind wondered where they were. I opened a door and saw a shadow. I woke up and there were no little feet to jump on the bed.
    After some days in which we cried whenever we looked at each other I began to look for Abyssinians on the web.
    In Germany there aren’t too many Abys so there was no chance to rescue one And we knew we couldn’t live without an Aby. So when I saw that a Salzburg breeder had kittens who could leave for their final home in August I felt I had to call there … only to hear whether there would be one available at all.
    It turned out she had a litter of 4 seven months old boys who were without papers meaning they cannot go to cat shows or breed- but who wants that? And one of them came home with us right away. He is a blue Aby- also something we never thought of. His color gave him some new names like “little wolf”.
    It came as a surprise to us as there was no plan. I felt it would be nice to have someone here beginning of winter but now there was little Orion who spend his first evening under the bed and has discovered his new home since.
    He gave us back big smiles- showing how much Filou’s long suffereing and the passing of Tigris had gotten to us.
    Enjoy his first pictures from the balcony:

Last edited by Barbara; 07-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.