Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Molly's puking // UPDATE: POST #18

Molly's puking // UPDATE: POST #18

Molly has been puking pretty much since 7:00 this morning. She's puking yellow bile every 20-30mins or so. She whines before she throws up, so I have a chance to get her outside.

She is drinking normally. I feed my dogs in the late afternoon, but I tried offering her some plain yogurt and she wouldn't touch it.

I left a message for my mom to call me, to see what she thinks.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

If it keeps up, I'm going to get her in at our vet later this afternoon.
    Last edited by BC_MoM; 10-06-2007 at 12:38 PM.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

If the dog repeatively drinks water and immediately vomits, then there is the possibility of an intestinal obstruction.

If not then there is something that is exciting the small intestine to reflux up. Also stomach irritation resulting in reflux could get yellow bile to come up. In this case you might want to call the Vets and ask what the dosage would be for an acid blocker such as rantidine (Zantac). Might take upwards to an hr to work - if it does.

Certainly heading for the Vet if it continues is prudent. They can stop the vomiting with metoclopromide or Zofran, and/or they might prescribe Metronidazole to help clear up any intestinal inflamation.

Oh No!!

I hope the vet's find out what's wrong with her!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

She didn't puke since 10:20 but just puked again. The amounts of puke aren't getting any smaller.

She also had a stool in the backyard. The poo itself is normal, but it was covered in what looked like yellow mucus.

I called the vet, and we are going to try and squeeze in between two appointments at 4:00. If not, they said they will stay open for us and check her out because it's the long weekend for Thanksgiving, and they won't be open on Sunday or Monday.

Ugh... I am so upset. I can't stop crying because I'm worried.

Please pray that it is only a little bug and not something like an obstruction.

But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

Long weekend for Thanksgiving??? Or do you mean Columbus Day??

Either or, hope they can figure out what is wrong. Poor pup.

Ooopss... just looked it up, and seems there is a difference between Canada and USA with that (not that I'm surprised, lol).

http://www.twilightbridge.com/hobbie...giving/canada/

LOL! Yep, it's Thanksgiving in Canada.

I'll update everyone when we get back from the vet. I wonder if I should bring the mucusy stool in.

You could ask if you should bring some poop in - call the vet office.

Or take some in anyway - use a baggie inside out as a glove to scoop it up!

Prayers for Mollie.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

That would explain why we are full in the dog kennel this weekend.

Anyway, I really really hope Molly starts feeling better. Keep us updated. T.j hates to see his girlfriend sick!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Pawsitive thoughts for Molly.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Well, $133.10 later we now have found out that Molly has tonsilitis. Strange, I didn't know dogs could get it!

So she got a shot of Chlorpromazine to settle her tummy, some ampicillin and metronidazole pills to take for 10 days and some k9 gastro canned food for her to eat.

She is feeling a little better and hasn't puked since 12:30, but she still feels cruddy.

Thanks for any and all prayers. More for Molly feeling better soon would be very appreciated. I hate seeing my baby so down.

Thanks again.

Thank goodness it wasn't more serious. Here's hoping you feel better soon Molly.
    Forever in my heart...

Molly just threw up to food that the vet gave us. Not even digested.

Maybe her tummy is still too upset to hold the food down. I'd call the vets tomorrow and ask them about her throwing up the food, maybe it was just too soon to eat. I will keep Molly in my prayers.
    Forever in my heart...

awwww....poor molly! I had no idea dogs could get tonsillitis either! but I did find this.

Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils. The tonsils are part of the lymphatic system. Canines have two tonsils, one each located on the sides of the oral cavity at the rear. They are found within a fold of tissue referred to as a tonsillar crypt. When enlarged, they fold out of the crypt and are easily visible with the naked eye. What are the symptoms?

As with other throat and mouth irritations, many dogs will be reluctant to eat and will drool excessively because swallowing is painful. Other dogs with the same condition will swallow repeatedly. The tonsils will appear enlarged and reddened.

What are the risks?

As in humans, tonsillitis is seldom serious; however, it can be chronic and annoying.

What is the management?

The cause of the enlarged tonsils should be determined. Streptococcus or other bacteria frequently infect the area. Antibiotics are effective if bacteria are the cause. Foreign objects, such as sticks, lodged in the throat can also cause inflammation of the tonsils. Only in severe chronic tonsillitis of unknown origin should the tonsils be removed. The canine tonsils are lymphoid tissue and therefore important in fighting diseases. When possible, they should be left intact.

http://www.purinaone.com/dogcare_con...leNumber=30074
    Get well soon Molly!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!