Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cupcake & Poptart

Gotta agree with Alyssa on this one. I may disagree with your opinion Lute, but this isn't the place to debate over it.

Cupcake and Poptart are very cute! Now that I see them, I'm starting to think Molli's mom was a Chihuahua/poodle cross. We never knew what the mom was but she looks A LOT like your two. (I got Molli from a friend's accidental litter when I was 12)
    This is her mom:

(She's pretty old now)

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

What a pretty girl! She does look kinda like a Chihuahua/Poodle cross!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Actually lute brought it up, that's why I brought up my thoughts. I wouldn't have said anything if she didn't bring it up.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

They are very cute and I love the names too! I'm not going to say anything about you buying a designer dog I've purchased dogs too but I don't understand you trying to justify the breeder in creating these designer dogs. I don't understand trying to create a new breed of dog unless it serves a real purpose like for a working reason, especially not when there's millions of dogs put to sleep each year just in the U.S. The purpose of a chihuahua/poodle cross is a cute lap dog I think we have plenty of breeds already that fulfill that job. Not trying to be mean I really do think the pups are cute and I'm not going to bash you for buying them I just don't see any reason to justify breeding them even if they are healthy parents, I don't think "cute" qualifies as a reason to breed. That goes for a lot of purebred dogs that are bred as well, just because your dog is cute and healthy doesn't mean it needs to create puppies.
    Last edited by wolf_Q; 09-28-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Thank you wolf_Q!

Cupcake and Poptart are adorable and I can't wait to meet them!

Quote Originally Posted by beeniesmom View Post
    Cupcake and Poptart are adorable and I can't wait to meet them!
    Thanks! They can't wait to meet you either! Looking forward to visiting your side of the coast!

I love their names!!!!!!!!

I have recently fallen for a coworker's "morkie". Quid. He is the CUTEST dog in the entire world. But, I don't agree with breeding cute mixes for the sole purpose of being a cute mix.

I would, however, probably go to a breeder that has a cute mix, does health testing, sells puppies on a s/n contract, only has a few dogs in the house, only breeds sparingly and the breeder is willing to take the dog back should anything happen.

Now that we know where I stand on the issue...I think your dogs are adorable, I just hope there won't be popcake/cuptart puppies in the future

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Wow from someone who used to "rescue" dogs to now supporting byber's...what a wrong turn..

Clearly you like to poodle cut since you attempted to put your one in a continental cut so why not just get a poodle?

The reason why legit people breed mutts is for a better working dog.
    Whats the purpose of these dogs besides being pets?
    I dont care how much testing your breeder has done there is still not a standard to breed to, there is no way to prove any of the mutts are worthy of breeding.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post
    Wow from someone who used to "rescue" dogs to now supporting byber's...what a wrong turn..

Clearly you like to poodle cut since you attempted to put your one in a continental cut so why not just get a poodle?

I dont care how much testing your breeder has done there is still not a standard to breed to, there is no way to prove any of the mutts are worthy of breeding.
    I'm really sorry you feel this way. You are being very rude! Just because your opinion makes total sense to you, but not to me, doesn't make you right and me wrong.Haha
    Nope, there is no breed standard as of yet, but whose to say I won't be the one to create this breed standard? Also, Who are you to poke fun at my grooming?

This is my LAST post here on PT. I've been here for many years! The vibe here has changed. I've been only nice to EVERYONE here and got to know a few of you personally. This WAS a great, fun, informative place. Now it is a non-regulated rescue only site, with VERY judgmental people. I no longer want to be associated with this forum.

Karen, Just an FYI, I'm not the ONLY long time member leaving because of what the forum has become. It's a shame.

No replies necessary. They won't be read.

I am not sure I completely understand all of the negativity here regarding these dogs. I realize there are a lot of dogs out there in shelters that need homes but seriously, this is a free country. If someone wants to buy a "designer dog", it is their business. Why is this such a bad thing?

I have thought about getting a Labradoodle at some point in my life when I can stay home more and spend more time with it. Am I going to be bad mouthed out of here if I do it?

I think, happylabs, that there are plenty of Labradoodles available in rescue, and as long as you are responsible in choosing your pet's source, no one will have a problem with it.
    I've Been Frosted

It is actually Lab/Poodle. I don't like all the cutesy names for dogs that are a mixed breed. Especially Schnoodle bothers me! There are a ton of Lab/Poodle mixes in rescue, so do not buy one. And actually it does bother me people go out and buy a mixed breed from a known Backyard Breeder (BYB) or pet store when they can find them in a shelter. And this is coming from a shelter worker. In my area, we don't see a lot of Lab/Poodle mixes, but they are more popular in the south I do think and I am not in the south. Standard Poodles aren't common here but Labs so are.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132 View Post

This is a rather old post, so why you even chose to respond now is beyond me. The fact that you even said "what's the purpose of these dogs besides being pets" is beyond ignorant, rude, and hypocritical. What purposes do your chinese crested serve now besides being a pet? I really don't get that one. I am against the breeding of mutts and all that, but when you're slamming someone who takes brilliant care of her dogs it bothers me. Frankly, she already has the animals, this post is old, and you didn't need to be so darn rude about it. There are alot nicer ways to express your opinion about something. Not to mention, when you're trying to educate someone or change their mind about something being nasty doesn't ever help. EVER.

Happylabs, it's the fact that people breed mutts for money that people have an issue with. There are plenty of mutts in shelters and rescues who need homes. Rather then spend $600 + on a mutt, it's a better option to adopt or rescue rather then add to the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    Happylabs, it's the fact that people breed mutts for money that people have an issue with. There are plenty of mutts in shelters and rescues who need homes. Rather then spend $600 + on a mutt, it's a better option to adopt or rescue rather then add to the population.
    Well, I won't be spending $600 on a dog anyway. I don't have that kind of money.