Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cupcake & Poptart

Cupcake & Poptart

I know I just kinda pop in every few months. I've not been an avid PTer as of late. I thought I'd stop by and post some pics of my Chipoo babies, Cupcake and Poptart.

I posted pics of Cupcake, my Chipoo puppy earlier this year.

This is my messy haired lady now. She will be 1 on Nov. 23rd!

What is that in the background?...

It's Poptart! He is the icing on our cake! Cupcake loves him!...she'd like to love him to death sometimes. His birthday is March 10th.

Cupcake and Poptart are funny little goofballs. Cupcake weighs 4lbs. Poptart weighs 3lbs and is the boss of us all. Or so he thinks.lol Even at nearly 7 months old he still acts like a puppy. I live in Pensacola, FL now as well. I love grooming these little guys! I have done plenty of my personal protests against designer dogs on PT over the years. Now an owner of two designer dogs(Chihuahua/Toy Poodle cross) I believe that if you do all your health clearances and keep your records properly hybrid dogs aren't all bad. With that I will also say that I do not agree with nearly ALL designer dog breeders. The purebreds we have today were all mixed breeds at one time. If someone wants to breed, say a Afghan/Poodle cross to another Afghan/Poodle cross, keep proper records, do their genetic tests, etc to maybe someday create a healthy purebred dog is just a responsible breeder than the Basset Hound breeder that has shown at Westminster.

I know several PTers will totally disagree with me. I went ahead and posted my personal thoughts on designer dogs to prevent any quarrels in the future.

I know I say it every time, but I hope to be on here more often, time permitting!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

LOVE THEM! They are both absolutely adorable

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Adorable I love their names

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Thankyou for supporting backyard breeders, and giving them more incentive to breed more pound fodder.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx View Post
    Thankyou for supporting backyard breeders, and giving them more incentive to breed more pound fodder.
    I don't support BYB. I support reputable breeders with a goal. I know several of you disagree with breeders of any sort. That's why I stated my beliefs on the issue.

Thank you Anna and Sowa!

They are too cute .
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    They are both adorable - such cute names too. I think I'm in love.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

They certainly are cute. Love the hair.

The thing about breeding a new purebred is that you're supposed to go out past the 20th generation without ever breeding back to an original pure breed. Anytime a dog is entered into the bloodline it has to be as many generations outcrossed as the rest of them or you'll be taking a step back. Also if you start losing a desirable trait like curly hair after 7 generations and want to breed back to a poodle then you've crossed back to an original and those puppies will then be only 1 generation out. Making a pure breed can take hundreds of dogs and decades of work. Most BYBs just breed out 1-2 generations and thats it. They have no interest in doing the rest of the work.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Honestly, I do not think breeding designer dogs is classified as "responsible" breeding as the fad has gotten OLD and most of those dogs end up in shelters and pet stores, and these dogs are being bred in puppy mills.

Dogs who are bred purposely that are mixes as in working dog mixes is fine by me as long as their dogs aren't ending up in shelters and they actually have a purpose to work. Designer dogs do not, I don't care how you look at it.

I would NEVER support a designer dog breeder, what makes those breeder so special? Because their dogs ARE ending up in shelters, pet stores, and puppy mills. If I wanted a designer breed, which I don't..

I would go to a shelter. Some of these mixes have horrible health problems as well. Your dogs are cute.. glad you enjoy them but do not expect people to agree with your opinion on designer breeders being ok because I certainly don't because I work at a shelter and see many of these dogs being given up. I would rather go to a shelter than put money in pockets of a BYB.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

luvofallhorses, I agree with you, but when it comes to breeders' dogs ending up in shelters. ANY breeder can breed a dog that by some series of events ends up in a shelter. I agree with working dogs too, but if I were personally looking for a working dog, I would look at shelter first. There are such a huge amount of coon dogs, herding, water and field dogs in shelters that have an even slimmer chance than the smaller dogs. Not saying I agree with small dogs in shelters. Too many of them get euth as well.

Like I said before, I do NOT agree with MOST of the designer breeders. Even the woman that is striving to make the Shorkie a breed. I personally feel she's doing it all wrong. Profit is a motive. I know it takes several years to create a purebred. Not many people have the time, money or mind to do so...properly.

I'm glad you all like my lil pastries!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by lute View Post
    I'm glad you all like my lil pastries!
    I'll take a half dozen Cupcakes and a box of Poptarts, please!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thunk = I just pass out from All of This Cuteness.. These two are just So Sweet & Such Cutie Pies.. Great pics thanks

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am not really going to get into the whole argument, however I mostly agree with Krista on the issue.

However, I think there's a time and place to discuss this and this is not the thread. The dogs are bought, these two aren't going to end up in a shelter, she already has them - that's the end of it. She simply posted her opinion because she felt it would turn into "that kind of thread".

Also, as an owner of a "designer dog", although I didn't get him from a breeder, I wouldn't like people posting nasty things in a picture thread of my beloved dogs. I'm sorry, that's just plain rude. I've gotten crap for him being a pug/beagle mix before from people who think they know everything and it annoys me, because frankly these people don't even listen when I tell them where I GOT him from and how I saved him from going to a shelter.

Anyway, lute, very cute pups! I love the name Poptart The first pic reminds me of Sassy!

Thanks for the nice words, Alysser. When I first got Cupcake I thought she looked like your RB Sassy!

Pomtzu & lvpets2002, I'm so glad you like them! My next Chipoo name is Cannoli.

My mother had a Pomeranian named Beanie. Some of you probably remember him! Beanie is still kickin! Living with my mother in Indiana. He's 14 now! Arthritis and cataracts is all he's dealing with. Just a sweet old man.