Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More on Susan Boyle...

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I get chills every time I see her original performance and the reaction of those hard-nosed judges. That once frumpy little lady, has gone on to be quite a shining star. I love her!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

She has several CDs out already. Check Amazon.com for them. I bet when she sings, angels stop to listen.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    She has several CDs out already. Check Amazon.com for them. I bet when she sings, angels stop to listen.
    I have her "I Dreamed a Dream" CD and I play it frequently. I think she and Josh Groban should collaborate and put one out together - talk about awesome. I have several Groban CD's also which I play a lot. I'm sure the rest of the family is sick of hearing them tho.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm bumping up this old thread because our pastor used Susan Boyle's performance of "I Dreamed a Dream" on Britain's Got Talent as an illustration in his Easter sermon. (and of course I thought of PT) She had no idea how much her life would change after that. Simon Cowell did not expect her to sing the way she did -- surprise! The disciples of Jesus had no idea how much their lives would change as they followed Him. The people around Jesus during Holy Week had different expectations of Him, just as Simon Cowell did with Susan Boyle. At the very end of the sermon, the clip was played of her appearance on the show. I love the reactions of Simon Cowell, Piers Morgan and the lady judge whose name I don't know -- no matter how often I see it, I always smile. And I know she went on to great success from there.

So here you go. The clip shown in church was edited way down for time, but you get the idea.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk
    Thanks for sharing again. The second time I watched today!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

With her extraordinary voice here on earth, heaven is missing an angel!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

She is not my favourite singer, but i have to say she sure can sing alright and understand her popularity, what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    She is not my favourite singer, but i have to say she sure can sing alright and understand her popularity, what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...
    During her original audition, she was herself and didn't care what others thought. I think that she has a great sense of self. And when she lost to the kids group she almost seemed relieved.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom
    During her original audition, she was herself and didn't care what others thought. I think that she has a great sense of self. And when she lost to the kids group she almost seemed relieved.
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    what i love most about her is her fantastic sense of humour,every time i have seen her on the TV she handles herself so well and is so funny..ENJOY fans...
    During and shortly following her time on BGT, I hated the way the British tabloids treated her. Her first audition may have amazed viewers, but most of the country was still hung up on her appearance, her lack of a relationship, and the horrible rumours that she was some schizophrenic lunatic. She would have won the competition had the press not made her a laughing stock - Diversity were very good, but Susan was definitely the more captivating. I'm so glad that the rest of the world saw her talent and supported her, particularly the USA. Now she has the last laugh, and is now rightly celebrated as the talented, witty, and wealthy (!) star that she is!

Zimbabwe 07/13