Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Borzoi Photo Of The Week new post 54

Oh my God-

Look at this new one... lol..

This is precious!! It almost looks like Hottie! Adorable!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This week's photo is precious. How gentle the Borzoi looks!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    It's so adorable. <3 <3 <3
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

aww! that is so precious

This picture is simply beautiful. A gentle giant. I love it.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

New Photo

NEW YEARS EVE BORZOIS.. lol..

Borzoi dog photo for the week

Oh, Borzoimom, I did laugh out loud when I saw the New Year's Borzoi dogs! But, I have a question for you. The one on the left in the picture has sort of a wavy, almost curly coat. I was under the impression a Borzoi's coat is straight and smooth because of how it looks when the dog moves, sort of like fine fabric. On the other hand - I have hair that's wavy, but if I style it I can get it to be sleek and straight - is a Borzoi's coat like that? Do you have to work with it for dog shows? The new photo gave me a smile. Happy New Year!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Oh, Borzoimom, I did laugh out loud when I saw the New Year's Borzoi dogs! But, I have a question for you. The one on the left in the picture has sort of a wavy, almost curly coat. I was under the impression a Borzoi's coat is straight and smooth because of how it looks when the dog moves, sort of like fine fabric. On the other hand - I have hair that's wavy, but if I style it I can get it to be sleek and straight - is a Borzoi's coat like that? Do you have to work with it for dog shows? The new photo gave me a smile. Happy New Year!
    European Borzois or spayed females can have a wave in their coats if spayed early before the adult coat is in. Most people wait until the females are like 2 years old before spaying- plus the risk of anethesia is very high in this breed, and its better to wait until they are full grown. .
    If you look at femkas picture- you will see she has a wave in her skirt. The rest of her is flat- but its obvious she is out of European lines.
    Very good question! ..

I see Femka's curly/wavy coat in this photo.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachme...chmentid=32988

Doesn't matter if the coat is smooth or wavy, I think they are beautiful, elegant dogs.

The females can have a wavy coat as long as it isnt curly. If you want the coat curly- that is easy enough to do- you just do not dry them after bathes or brush them when wet ( like our own hair). Also if spayed young- never before 18 months old- but before 3 it will stay in a puppy coat which is more of a curl. Femka is terrified of the dryers- to the point of panic. I never dry her- she always air drys and loves to have a towel placed on her..
    Femka is also out of total European lines- every dog in her line. She is out of Sunburst Irek ..At the time, Sunburst was in the Netherlands- since then most of the dogs have moved to California. I am attaching the link for Sunburst. They have beautiful dogs- but left femka in the rescue.. ( any other Borzoi breeder is obligated to take their dogs back out of rescue to uh be in uh good standings..) http://www.sunburstborzoi.com/Irek/irek.htm . She was born in the Netherlands and came to the US at 2 years old.
    ( pardon the rust colored carpet- that is what color we had when we moved here- now its a very light beige..)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Take a look now

New born pups!!!

oh my goodness!! that is TOO cute!!!

Gah..i want a puppy LOL

Borzoi photo of the week

There is a new one - it is a beauty! Perfect for a snowy afternoon.

That is a beautiful dog!!!