Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Christmas card List 2010

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenLover View Post
    Well it's September now and December 25 is just about 4 months away... right?

Christmas cheer, anyone?
    I agree! I'll send you a card

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I would like to participate this year.

I will be participating this year - I'm so happy that I'm financially able to do it now!

Funds are better so I think I'm in.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Christmas card pictures

So last year was our first year with both a dog and a cat (we have furry kids, not the 2 legged variety). Previously, it'd been just our kitty, so getting a cute Christmas picture was relatively easy. I would take a zillion pics until I finally had one that looked decent, then use it. However, we had just brought Kody home a few months before Christmas, and he and Jinx were for sure not friends yet. I knew the odds of getting both of them to look good in one pic were slim. Plus they wouldn't sit near each other in the same room without one of them picking on the other one. But check this out:
    So how'd I do it?

Photoshop. LOL

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

Well it looks like we'll have quite a few people this year. My mom sends me stamps every time she sends a package, so I'm overloaded on postage.

GoldenLover, that photo is adorable. How do they get along now?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

They are much better now. Jinx still rules the roost, and occasionally lets Kody know that, but he has learned to tolerate a lot from pup. Jinx is pretty laid back with him now. Usually, they both mind their own business. Sometimes, Kody will chase Jinx around the house and then moments later, Jinx will be chasing Kody. They're really funny when they play. Jinx has a clear advantage in having many places he can run to and be free of Kody (top of cat condo, top of kitchen cabinets/fridge, counter, his kitty box room), so when he's done playing he just goes to one of those places. Our new pup will be coming home next week, so I'm sure that will be a test of kitty's patience. At least this pup is much younger than Kody was when we brought him home (Kody was 4 months), so hopefully pup will learn how to play with Jinx a little quicker than Kody did. He was a little rough at first, but kitty can hold his own ;-)

All of my kids have paws

Check out my puppy blog: http://www.blogger.com/profile/03459239028021586699

Photoshop is awesome isn't it

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66 View Post
    I agree! I'll send you a card
    me too!

The photoshop picture is cool...I wish I were better at it!

Our new pup will be coming home next week, so I'm sure that will be a test of kitty's patience. At least this pup is much younger than Kody was when we brought him home (Kody was 4 months), so hopefully pup will learn how to play with Jinx a little quicker than Kody did. He was a little rough at first, but kitty can hold his own ;-)
    I didn't realize you were getting another puppy. How fun! Another Golden?

So...when do you think I should start getting the list together? October? I'd like to start a bit earlier this year.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

You could start signing up people now, but maybe October 1 would be better, more people might be in the mood once all the September school starting, season changing stuff is over. Last year we had a cut off date of November 15th, did that work okay for everyone?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    You could start signing up people now, but maybe October 1 would be better, more people might be in the mood once all the September school starting, season changing stuff is over. Last year we had a cut off date of November 15th, did that work okay for everyone?
    I'd like to move the cut off date to an earlier time. Say, the beg of Nov. so people aren't in such a rush to get their cards made and sent out, especially for our international Pt's, but if the 15th still seems OK for everyone let me know.

I think sign ups beg on the 1st of Oct sounds excellent.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

As long as the List is Noted by Nov 15th.. Due to everyone will need to know how many stamps & Christmas Cards to Buy.. I have always Loved doing my Cards over Thanksgiving Holiday & in the mail by then..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Sounds like the sign-up is already starting

I'd like to send my overseas cards out no later than November 15th, and the rest by November 25th or so.. meaning that is when I'd like to have them in the mail. So if I could get the list by November 5th-ish, that leaves me more than enough time.

That's my vote. I'm also open to the majority

Could I put myself down as a 'maybe-and-I'll-get-back-to-you'?

I've seen this run for a few years and always wanted to participate too, but with moving to university soon, I'll need to sort my new postal address and see if I have the necessary funds to put to one side for postage, as I'm presuming most of the cards I'll be sending will be overseas. Living in London is going to be a hole in my purse for starters.

I'll know if I can participate by mid-October at the latest, I should think.

Zimbabwe 07/13