Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A Dog Rescue in Progress

That is just wonderful! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you all.

Chris

He's A KEEPER !!!!!! I am so happy. What a story you all will have to tell, about the trip and all.

Oh man, I always miss the good stuff!!

CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!!!

I know you've been thinking about a 3rd for a while, guess it just happened to be the right time
    I'm almost glad that I haven't been here, I would be just as excited as deli was
    I can't wait to see this little sweetheart at the park
    And I'm excited to see a few more pictures when you have the chance!

And welcome to pet talk mom!!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wow, what have I missed over the weekend! Welcome aboard mom, I was wondering when you were going to join and why you hadn't joined in yet with both of us girls on here! So glad to hear the trip went well. I'm just glad that Amy did call me Saturday to fill me in or else this would be my first day of knowing anything was going on. How exciting! Now Amy has two black lab mixes with a spotty one and I have two spotty ones with one black lab mix! How exciting! What a day!

That is wonderful news! I am so touched that you drove so far and that Jessica got a second chance for this sweet little guys. You guys are the best!

Congratulations!!! He sure is a cutie! Yay!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

How did the first night go Amy ?? Are you going to take him to the meeting you guys are having at the dog park at the end of this month?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

This is Amy's mom. We are up here today so Amy's dad can work on her car. The weather this afternoon is beautiful - must be at least 60 maybe 65. Amy said the first night went well but I am sure she will tell more about that later. She is kenneling the new dog while they are at work until all adjustments are made. I hate to tell Amy but she still does not have a watchdog. We entered the house and no one barked at all. Which is such a change from our nosy hounds that it isn't even funny! We let Sadie and Cincy out but we were all dressed up because we had just come from a funeral so we changed our clothes before we let Spot out of his kennel. He was so happy to see us but no barking at all. Just thanks for letting me out. The dogs have been out all afternoon while Carl worked on the car. I sat out and watched them so they wouldn't get into what he was doing and to see how they got along. (Right, it had nothing to do with spring fever at all - just a good grandma's duty) They are doing great. He is just a natural with these pups. He and Sadie have played more than he and Cincy but since they both have Dal in them that is no surprise. They haven't done a lot of running but since Amy has mostly shade in her backyard and it is still an ice skating rink that is no surprise.

From the back and side he resembles our Snoopy so much it is amazing. He is just a little taller - he is shorter than Sadie and taller than Cincy as far as the dogs at this house. Right now they are all in the house with me while Carl finishes up his work and are all staring out the front window - I have yet to hear this dog bark - Cincy and Sadie don't bark much- it really doesn't seem fair that an old geezer like me has the young active, noisy dogs and Amy and Ralph, the kids, have quiet, calm pups.

I am sure Amy will be on later to tell you more. The only thing I can add is that I am very grateful to Jessica at the Marietta Animal Shelter and Molly ( Mugsy) for alerting Amy about this dog. It would have been so wrong for this wonderful dog to have been put down. And I am very proud of Amy for taking the time and energy to go save this beautiful dog. (Yes, Christy I am proud of you too for adopting Sierra from a animal shelter too).

Congrats Cincy's Mom! What a great story!

4DogMother, I just wanted to tell you that your Taggert
    is just about one of the cutest dogs here at Pettalk. I'm
    a sucker for scruffy.

Par...

Oh sounds like a Good Day was had by all!!!!!

So she doesn't have a woofer!!!Next Time!!!
    actually, Deli did not bark the first two weeks that I got her....I think that she was still in Pound Shock...now she guards the house and me...(she is a Dal mix also...just like your precious Snoopy!!)
    He'll adjust...Glad that he likes his crate....
    It really sounds like there have been no issues....That is Great!!!!!

You are a Great Mom for all the help that you give...and for raising 2 of the most Caring,selfless girls there are!!!!

Congratulations!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
    This is Amy's mom- it really doesn't seem fair that an old geezer like me has the young active, noisy dogs and Amy and Ralph, the kids, have quiet, calm pups.
    Just wanted to welcome 4 Dog Mother on behalf of the other *old geezers* here. You'll fit in quite well with the rest of us. The reason you have the young active dogs is to keep those old bones and muscles moving because once they stop, they can get kind of sluggish. Like your dogs, this board can move quite fast and I think I have missed seeing your dogs. I'm going to search to see what I can find. Also thanks for filling us in on what's going on with Spot and the rest of the crew. We just love the updates.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Like your dogs, this board can move quite fast and I think I have missed seeing your dogs. I'm going to search to see what I can find.
    Just so you know, Amy and I both have lots of pics of our mothers dogs in our imagestation albums. Here is a link to my imagestation album with her pups pics in them:

Dakota's & Destiny's Aunts & Uncles:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291293257

My Mom's Dogs of the Past:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291093055

and
    Her Trip to See Me with 2 of her 4:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290866997

Thanks Dakota's Mom! There were a bunch of Taggert pics
    I'd never seen. Gosh that dog is cute!

Well, I am home finally home and with my pups

Things went well last night. Spot did a little barking when we first put him inthe crate for bed last night, but quited down pretty quickly. No accidents, no more barking, it was a goodnight!

Things are good today too. A little bit of dominance to work out between Sadie and Cincy, but nothing too terrible. I stopped at the vet tonight to get Worm Meds for Sadie and Cincy as a preventative.

Ralph just got home, so I'm going to chat with hima bit and I'll update more later!!
    Last edited by 4 Dog Mother; 03-17-2003 at 08:12 PM.

Thanks Delidog!!

Well, well, well ........... spotty lover!!! Sorry it took me so long to post, but as you are all aware, I live in Australia, and your exiting things happen when I am sleeping (AND I had to travel for work!!!). Thanks Delidog for pm'ing me, otherwise I would only have managed to see this tonight!

You HAD to get a full spot eventually Amy! Unfortunately, I could not see the picture you posted - seems to have disappeared

Congrats on saving what is obviously a loving, beautiful spotty boy. Amy's Mum - you are amazing too - driving so far to get the beloved boy.

Molly - what can I say ......... you are phenominal. As always, looking after the precious monsters that we all love - pups!

What a happy ending. I have tears in my eyes .......
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

What a great story--I can't believe I'm just reading it now!! Everyone involved are such angels, thank you all for saving this sweet dog!! I didn't get to see the pic, but I'm sure he is adorable.
    I love to read stories like this, it is such refreshing news!!
    Congrats on the new addition!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada