Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: what books are you reading or have read lately...

Johanna I just bought The copper beech online today, had to have it lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Over the last 2 weeks Ive read the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" The Girl Who Played With Fire". Im halfway through "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest".

Great books, cant wait to see the movies.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Aww Blue i am so envious, i want to read all of those books and then see all the films,pity you did not live closer.

Let me know what you think of the movies after reading the books, the last one is not at the cinemas yet here but the other two are playing right now, the girl with the dragon tattoo was on some time ago but they have brought it back in conjuction with the girl who played with fire.

And to think the author is not alive to see how popular his books are, quite sad really.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Over the last 2 weeks Ive read the "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" The Girl Who Played With Fire". Im halfway through "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest".

Great books, cant wait to see the movies.
    Blue,

I have now read all three of Larsson's books and agree - they are really good reading. We rented the first movie and loved it; the second is already in theatres but I'm waiting for the DVD. So sad this talented man did not live long enough to enjoy his tremendous success

For anyone who loves intrigue and complex plots, this series is a must read!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy'sMom View Post
    I saw that one the other day too, and was wondering about it. If you get it, let me know what you think.

I read about a 1/3 of it & didn't like it at all. Wasn't as interesting as I had hoped.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Sonia59 View Post
    Midwinter sacrifice from Mons Kallentoft. Great book too, in Millenium's spirit.
    Oh How I would love to read Kallentoft! Unfortunately have not been able to find any translated versions Guess I'll just have to wait and see ...
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Hey fellow readers!!!!.....
    PaperBackSwap is a neat site I have been using! You list your books and accumulate credits to "buy" from other people. The books end up costing only the price of postage and there are TONS of listed books. I thought this might interest some of you readers. Another fun site is BookCrossing which is international and huge - a way to recycle books you own where others can "find" them and then pass them along!~

i went to hire out the movie girl with the dragon tattoo but they were all out, so it and the books must be pretty popular.
    Furangels only lent.

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    i went to hire out the movie girl with the dragon tattoo but they were all out, so it and the books must be pretty popular.
    I may have the movie tonight, if not Ill have it tomorrow morning. Its dubbed in English so Ill let you know how it is.

ETA: Watching it now. I didnt picture Lisbeth as the actress in the film, I pictured someone more elfish.

Cant find an English dub of Girl Who Played With Fire. The new James Bond is going to be in the American films it seems.

Further ETA: The Euro movie holds very true to the book 5 flipoffs out of 5 flipoffs.

ETA to the Further ETA: The American version will likely bring the suck.
    Last edited by blue; 08-01-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bengalz View Post
    Oh How I would love to read Kallentoft! Unfortunately have not been able to find any translated versions Guess I'll just have to wait and see ...
    I am pretty sure you can buy an English translation on Amazon. I borrowed the French one from my public library. For the other Kallentoft's books, I'll have to find the English versions as I think Midwinter sacrifice is the only one that as been translated in French up to now.

Doctor Who and the Forgotten Army. It's one of the new DW novels for series 5.

Niño & Eliza

Hey Blue, i just won dble pass to the movie The girl who played with fire and the book, how lucky am I ? let you know what i think when i see the film, have to hire out the girl with the dragon tattoo first this wknd though.
    Furangels only lent.

Today I started The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I am through 3 of the 'letters' so far and it is very interesting. Satire, with a serious point.
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Just started The Disappearing Spoon : And Other True Tales of Madness, Love, and the History of the World from the Periodic Table of the Elements by Sam Kean. Sounds like a very interesting read.

The title comes from the element Gallium - which if made into a spoon will disappear in a cup of tea - as it melts at 84°F.

I am reading "Seabiscuit An American Legend" by Laura Hillenbrand.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana