Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you reading now/recently read?

What are you reading now/recently read?

I'm sorry if a tread like this has been made recently but I'm just curious to see what anyone else may be reading now or has recently read..

This past year I've read Da Vinci Code (by Dan Brown), Third Girl (by Agatha Christie), I Know This Much is True (by Wally Lamb) and am currently reading Angels & Demons (by Dan Brown). Out of all of them, I'd definitely recommend I Know This Much is True... it is amazing. I couldn't put it down. Has anyone else read it? I'm looking into buying his other novels.

I'm enjoying Angels & Demons, but it's a lot like Da Vinci Code and the similarities can be annoying.

I'd love to hear what you guys are reading, or recommend.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Generally I'm a big reader and can never put a book down -- however, I'm a little ashamed to admit that I haven't read a book all year. I've been too busy reading everything on the internet.

Currently I'm supposed to be done reading a book for English because I have a test on it on Monday. But, I figure that since I got a B on both the last book tests I did, without reading either book, I wont need to read this one either.
    I've been BOO'd!

I just finished a really sill book called "A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court" IT was sooo silly, and a fun read. I normally don't read stuff like that but I HAD to get it after I saw the cover!

Edit to add scanned cover.

Now who couldn't waste a few nights reading this piece of fluff?
    Last edited by catnapper; 06-02-2005 at 07:15 PM.

I'm trying to finish off "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for English Class. I was supposed to read it a month ago and there's just a little over 100 pages... I hate being forced to read.

After this, I'm gonna try finishing off the books by Nicholas Sparks.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Re: What are you reading now/recently read?

Originally posted by primabella
    Out of all of them, I'd definitely recommend I Know This Much is True... it is amazing. I couldn't put it down. Has anyone else read it? I'm looking into buying his other novels.

I'd love to hear what you guys are reading, or recommend.
    Wally's Lamb's books are great. "She's Come Undone" is just as good as I know this much is true!

I'm currently reading Dean Koontz' "The Taking" and a book about Lenord Seppela.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I have just finished "wuthering heights by emily bronte" and am now reading 2 books "Moby Dick by Hermann Melville" and "Lysistrata/The Acharnians/The Clouds which is Aristophane"

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I just finished reading V.C Andrews Child of Darkness. I love V.C andrews!! Now I;m reading Missy's murder a true story about a teenager killed by her friends its a horrible tragedy what they did to her. They were jealous of her beauty and before killing her cut her hair off to torture her

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

I'm glad you started this thread because I am always looking for something to read!! I am ALWAYS reading one book or another...usually nothing "literary", just something fun to read!! I just finished The Second Assistant by Clare Naylor and Mimi Hare. It was a fun book to read! I think I have wiped the library out of everything!! I can't afford to buy books so I often go to Barnes & Noble with a pen and pad and write down a list of the books I want to read. Then I take that list to the library and put the books on hold! I usually get them within a few weeks (the only one I didn't was Da Vinci Code actually! But I have heard that Angels and Demons was much better) Anyway, I'm reading a book now by Olivia Goldsmith that I can't even remember the name of...but I like this thread because it will give me some good ideas for something that will captivate me...!

I have a book rating page, never mind that its off neopets- it is a free user page with all the websites for idiots guides that I need.
    http://home.neopets.com/templates/ho...ame=hlaoroo452
    I recommend the Wanting Seed if you like a really messed up book. I usually pick my books by going to a self and pulling off the first book I see. I've read some pretty good books that way. I haven't updated the page in a while but my latest is Penny: The Story of a Free Soul Basset Hound.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I AM READING CAT,IN A HOT PINK PURSUIT,BY CAROLE NELSON DOUGLAS,AS I LOVE MIDNIGHT LOUIE.THE CAT PI.AND ED MCBAIN,AND A BOOK,ON MARVEL COMICS,TALES TO ASTONISH.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I'm trying to finish off "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck for English Class. I was supposed to read it a month ago and there's just a little over 100 pages... I hate being forced to read.
    i had to read that last year for Engish aswell. I know it's only a small book, but it took me a long time to finish because i didn't enjoy it.

I'm not reading anything at the moment, but so far this year i've read "Puberty Blues" (i had to read it for English), The colour of Magic by Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay by Terry Pratchett and Lord of the Ring the Fellowship of the Ring.

Thank you for the signature manda_moo87

I'm trying to read "The Golden Key" by Melanie Rawn, but I'm thinking that being stabbed repeatedly in the eye might be more fun.

I don't know what I'll read next.

I just finished "Carolina Moon" by Nora Roberts. And i am starting to read "Vinyl Cafe-Unplugged" by Stuart McLean. It actually starting off pretty funny, it's a bunch of little stories all in one. I would recommend it, it's not too bad. And it's a small book.
    I just bought a book from the flee market and was wondering if anyone has read anything from ANNA LEE WALDO? (Circle of Stones)

Right now I am reading The Chronicles Of Narnia

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I read that book last year. It seems boring, but once you start to understand what's going on it gets better. It's actually quite sad and was certainly controversial back in the day. If you need any tips let me know. I think I remember most of it.
    I've been BOO'd!