Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Weight Loss

LA Weight Loss

Has anyone every joined up??? What are your thoughts about them??

I've been promised that I can reach my goal weight in 40 weeks and it will only cost me $840. This really does seem extreme and all I get for that is a meal plan and some moral support with my 3x week visits.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Sorry, I have never used them or any others.

But . . . maybe this may mean something to you. My doctor says only use Weight Watchers. My insurance co says only use Weight Watchers. The nurse at the senior center, where my Dad goes, says only use Weight Watchers. The folks at the YMCA where I used to belong, said only use Weight Watchers If you consider the source, maybe this will help you decide.

No way. Stuff like this is BOGUS. My grandma was in the hospital for MONTHS after going on something like this.

Losing weight fast attracts people ~ but it is NOT healthy and you will put all of that weight back on even faster than it originally came.

Go with Weight Watchers or Curves. EXCERSISE and eating food in MODERATION is key.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

There was recently an big expose about LA Weight Loss on CTV. I didn't watch the story but I'm sure it will be on their website. Maybe check that out before you join?

Best of luck!

First of all, GOOD JOB on wanting to look after your health, and looking into ways to do it! Like you haven't been thru enough!

Did you know...

"diet" comes from a Greek word meaning "way of life"?

I am back on my nutrition program...because it will be a way of life.

I am more interested in developing a way of life rather than going "on" something that "stops" one day. Unless I keep paying for it.

I got to my goal weight (where it felt good for ME, not some arbitrary chart). Then I just modified my way of doing things.

I think the question to ask is what do you do when you get to goal weight?

I like the title of Suzanne Powter's long-ago book which I think answers the health and weight question perfectly:

EAT, BREATHE and MOVE.

Being an addictive type, I have to be careful not to look for the answers in food - how I use, eat, manipulate. This is just me, ok? It's like when I used to look for the answer in booze...there was SO much more to it than that.

like Breathing and Moving.

Still working on the last one!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Health Cross post

Alexa tried them out once and hated it. The diet plan was VERY limiting, and each time she went in they were rude to her if she didn't lose enough weight. After about 2 weeks she gave up.

I really love weight watchers. I lost around 50 lbs on the program, and the great thing is that it isn't a "diet" it taught me how to make good food choices. I've kept the weight off because it taught me how to properly portion my food and just make smarter choices.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Thanks guys and thanks Candace but I don't want to take any extra supplements until I talk to my doctor. I just need some guidance. I need to learn about portion control. I want to eat foods I can buy at my local grocery store. I don't want to measure everything...although for portion control I realize I'll have to at some point. Maybe WW has something other that the points program. I just might check them out. I can't join Curves because they don't stay open late enough for me. I'm an exercise after work kinda gal and they close at 7pm. I can't get there in time for a 30-min workout.

I can't do this alone....I need someone to kick me in the butt and if it means going to meetings 3 x a week, then I'll do it. Don't just tell me to exercise and eat right, 'cause it aint gonna happen. It's like telling a smoker to just put down the cigarettes. Some can do it without any outside help and others need a push.

This cancer experience has made me think long and hard about my health. I wanna grow old enough to attend Gini's BBQ toothless and "gum" my way through the BBQ ribs and chicken.
    Last edited by slick; 01-25-2007 at 08:12 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

If - IF - this applies, and only IF - there are 12 step meetings for Overeaters Anonymous. I went for a number of years. It helps with 'what's eating me' while I am free to choose a food and living plan. It's NOT a diet group - it's for if you have 'foodaholism' or are a junk food junkie.

A suggestion only.

http://www.oa.org/is_oa.html

They have only 15 questions instead of AA's 20! WHEW!

Slick WW has two plans, core and flex. Core gives you a list of healthy foods and you can eat any of those foods on the list, then in addition you get a certain amount of weekly points to spend on treats, wine or anything that isn't on the list. That plan is great for people who don't want to count up everything that you eat.

I love the flex plan, you get to eat your own foods and count up the points. It is much easier than you'd think. You start to learn what a portion size so after a while you really don't need to measure or weigh them. In fact I don't think I ever had to weigh anything. I will still measure using my measuring cups on certains foods, but that's about it.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Definitely Weight Watchers is a good one I am on the points plan too and it so easy I love the way I have learned to portion out my meals and also I am getting more of my five a day fruit and veg in. I drink more water and less cafine, but if I feel like a treat I ahve it and if I break my points limit today I just start all over again tomorrow so far there has not been a week where I have gained weight all I do stay static or lose but I lose more than I stay static. Check out their website www.weightwatchers.com and find out where your nearest meeting is or if you have enough people see if they can come to you which ever is better.
    jackmilliesmom

Thanks to Michelle (Kittycats_Delight) for my wonderful
    cheerful and special signature and avatar!!!!!!

**I'VE BEEN FROSTED**

I knew someone who went through LA weight loss and lost a lot of weight quickly. Then she got very sick, and the doctor said it was because she wasn't eating right. As soon as she got on a medical diet, she lost the weight she wanted to lose.... s-l-o-w-l-y.

I've been losing wieght lately, slowly, and I'm just starting to see a difference. Its painstaking how slow my progress is but I see a little difference. 4 months ago, the pants I wore the other day were uncomfortably tight and now they are actually quite baggy. That felt great! The more I see things fitting looser, the more I want to see progress. But I know I can't rush it because I'll gain it all back just as fast as I lose it. I have to print up a photo of a turtle or something to remind myself of SLOW.

I did LA Weight Loss for a while, and I did lose weight. I lost about 20 lbs in 4 months. The weight loss was slow for me, about 2 lbs. a week on average, which is healthy. I liked what I was eating, wasn't really all that hungry, and didn't get sick on the diet.

Now, here's what I don't like about LA Weight Loss. You have to pay in advance according to how much weight you lose. Then they tell you you'll get a certain amount back if you lose the weight by your goal date. They tell you that you WILL lose the weight in that amount of time. They can get rude with you if you are not losing the weight. And they REALLY push those LA Weight Loss bars on you. You MUST eat two a day, and they track how many you buy from them. I had ordered some off of ebay, but I was actually scared to tell them that. I just said that I had come in and bought them sometime, but they got pretty rude about it. I think the 'counselors' make commission off of those stupid bars. They aren't bad tasting, but after a couple of months I really got sick of them. But they still tell you that you 'have' to eat the bars or you won't lose weight.

You can actually buy the plan information on ebay for a heck of a lot cheaper than what they charge you at the center. I may still have my information, PM me if you are interested and I can send it to you. The center itself isn't very helpful, you go in, get weighed, they go over what you ate, and that's about it. I am on a different diet now that is working really well for me, called the Rice Diet. It's low protein, lots of whole grains, veggies, and fruit. I love this diet...and I don't have to pay to go to the center!

Quote Originally Posted by slick

I can't do this alone....I need someone to kick me in the butt and if it means going to meetings 3 x a week, then I'll do it. Don't just tell me to exercise and eat right, 'cause it aint gonna happen. It's like telling a smoker to just put down the cigarettes. Some can do it without any outside help and others need a push.

GIRRRRRRRRRLLLLL.....I got all the foot you need!

I would NOT do LA WL. I would do WW!

In our area at least - WW is now offering free registration until the 10th of March. That saves about $30 and then the cost is simply for the weekly meetings - $12.