Thread: It's always something...

It's always something...

Wednesday I came out of work (I teach in the inner city of Milwaukee) to attend a school function, and found my car had been stolen.

It is an old car but it is the only one I have. It also contains teaching materials and personal items that can not be replaced. I am not in a good spot financially and this just about does it. Another teacher very generously is loaning me a spare car his family is trying to sell and the administrators are being kind. I am grateful for that but I am just so tired of struggling!

I know that kids probably took it and have no clue as to what hardship they created...but d***n!

((((hugs)))) Oh I am so sorry, what a horrible thing for someone to do. Did you report it? Did you tell your insurance company? I completely understand about being tired of struggling. If you ever need to talk PM me.

Awww Gee! I learned a long time ago that people will steal ANYTHING no matter how small, cheap or damaged.. It is a game to them but it inconviences the ones they steal from. They stole your car for a few hours of fun not caring what it would do to your life (OR theirs if they get caught!)... It is just a shame what this world has come to. This will always hang over their heads and sooner or later, they will pay for it, I have no doubt about that.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Yeah, your insurance should definitely be able to help you out here. That's what you pay it for - just in case - and in your case, it happened!

Oh, I hope they find it with your materials still intact. You have our sympathy!

I'm right there with ya! Hubby also teaches in the inner city - people have NO CLUE just how hard inner city teachers struggle. All they do is tell us "at least you have the summers off".... I'm sure you know what I mean!

Sorry about your car being stolen. Do the police have any leads?

Oh sorry about your car.But your right there is alwas something.It is nice that someone is loaning you there exata car and that you bosses understand
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about your car. I know what it is like to just not have the car when it is in the shop.... but to have it stolen!

I can only iomagine what you are feeling, especially since they got away with some personal items. The word "violated" keeps coming to mind. I am so sorry, and I hope that the insurance company and the police can help in the recovery/replacement.

If it is an older car, and it appears that it is, she might not have had 'full' coverage on it. So, it might not be an insurance issue.