Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss/Exercise Updates? Post Yours Here!

Weight Loss/Exercise Updates? Post Yours Here!

I remember back sometime ago that a few people were excited to share about their weight loss and "vowed" to keep an updated thread??? Anyway, I was just curious how everyone's weight loss was going?

Has anyone been working out? What have you been doing?

How have you been eating? Healthy I hope!

Give us some updates!
    Last edited by christa; 06-20-2006 at 01:41 PM.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

Once again, I have rededicated my efforts!!! I ran .9 of a mile last evening (I hadn't clocked it yet with the car, so, I didn't know it wasn't a mile), and will aim for 30 mins on the elliptical tonight (if I don't sneak to the gym at lunch time). AND, I have brought a salad and fish, yoguart, and an energy bar for lunch M, Tu, and Wed this week. It is SO much easier, for me, to pack several days at a time....

No loss yet, I am sure, he he he, but, maybe by next week this time? Stay tuned for LESS of me (thankfully, right?).

I have lost a total of 27 lbs. since September. I have put on a lb. or two but nothing too worrisome. I've not been eating the best which explains the weight gain but I have been pretty good about trying to at least work out 20-30 mins/day.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

CM- that is FANTASTIC! 27 pounds is tremendous! You go, girl!!!

You know my weight loss Christa but I'm going to post it to help motivate me because I've really stalled lately. I've lost 78 pounds since April of last year. I've only lost 8 pounds since Christmas but I've dropped another size during that time so I'm happy. I would love to lose another 25 but at this time I'll be happy with whatever it takes to go down one more size.

I'm still going to the gym but not as regularly as I was and now I've added swimming to my routine plus I still walk 1-2 miles in my neighborhood about 5 days a week.

One more thing, I wore a sleeveless top this weekend for our Father's Day cookout and a few people noticed my "guns" (arm muscles). I was pretty proud of that!

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    I've lost 78 pounds since April of last year. I've only lost 8 pounds since Christmas but I've dropped another size during that time so I'm happy.
    WOW that's awesome! Well done!

I've been trying to lose my pregnancy weight, plus I need to lose an additional 50lbs

So far I have lost ALL the weight which I gained whilst I was pregnant (24lbs) plus an additional 8lbs, so I have 42 to go!

I am going back to South Africa next month to attend some training and take care of some family business, so I am really hoping to be down another half jeans size by then (It's the middle of winter there, and I have NO warm clothes which fit - all my jeans are just TOO tight to be comfortable - I can get into them, and as long as I don't try to sit, eat or breathe they are fine LOL

Hubby has been very supportive, and has "sponsored" me- BD 10 (Approx $25) for every 1KG I lose, payable after every 10 KGs. So every time I drop 10KG I get $250 to spend on new clothes!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    You know my weight loss Christa but I'm going to post it to help motivate me because I've really stalled lately. I've lost 78 pounds since April of last year. I've only lost 8 pounds since Christmas but I've dropped another size during that time so I'm happy. I would love to lose another 25 but at this time I'll be happy with whatever it takes to go down one more size.

I'm still going to the gym but not as regularly as I was and now I've added swimming to my routine plus I still walk 1-2 miles in my neighborhood about 5 days a week.

One more thing, I wore a sleeveless top this weekend for our Father's Day cookout and a few people noticed my "guns" (arm muscles). I was pretty proud of that!
    Wow! This is awesome! A very huge congrats.

CalliesMom and Alley Cat's Mom, you both sound like you are doing awesome as well.

Johanna, good for you too! Way to get back in the game.

I have to say I admire you all. Where do you find the motivation, the drive? I am at a complete loss and I feel that if I don't get it together I might actually not be here much longer. I know my body can not handle all this weight that I am carrying around but it still doesn't motiviate me to do anything. I am constantly telling myself that I will start walking, start eating right..just start being healthy. It just never happens. At this point it just takes all my energy to get through a day. I can't believe I'm posting about this. I guess I'm hoping someone might say something that might actually click in my head for once. I know what I need to do, so why can't I just do it?

*SIGH*

Everyone is doing awesome! Really inspiring!

I usually don't post in these threads, but I have been trying to lose some weight too. I joined a gym a few months ago and I can tell my arms and legs look better, plus I feel much better. I go 3-4 times a week. I change it up but a typical workout for me is 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 20 minutes on the bike or 20 minutes on the tread mill (mostly fast pace walking), then I hit the weight machines for about 20 or so minutes. I change it up, sometimes legs machines, or ab machines, or arms. I don’t do my arms too much though because I tend to get very muscular there.

I'm hardly ever sick and I just feel all around good. I don't know how much I lost because I haven't weighed myself. Also I just started bringing my lunch to work recently. Lunch was the worse meal of the day for me health-wise.

I LOVE reading about everyone’s progress. It’s nice to hear that goals aren’t impossible.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Jazzcat- Guns? You have GUNS? That is awesome!!! sigh....I remember I had guns, once...

Julie- I might be the only person that had GAINED weight at their 6 week post partum visit. So, that you have lost it all, plus some, speaks volumes about your commitment to a healthier way of life. Way to go.

Robilee, nothing good comes easy. I am saddened by your comment that you might not be here as long as you could be, because of your weight. I know you have triumphed before in the eyes of a serious medical condition, so, I think you just have to focus on your will, NOT your ability. One pound at a time, even if it takes you 6 weeks to drop that one pound. Each pound that you take off is a step towards a longer, leaner and healthier life. AND sometimes we need to see the loss before we get motivated. For me, planning is the way. I can't just come home after work and grab what feels good to eat. I have to say, "tonight, I am having this". AND, I have to make time to exercise. With a toddler in tow. Start right this moment- even if you are at work- go take a two minute walk. Really. And, if you are home, logged on to PT- take the girls and go walk ten minutes outside. Even in this heat. If it is raining? Put on a cap and go. Do twenty sit ups (I would put the girls in another room...lol). Like the Nike slogan, "Just Do It".

And, keep us posted.

Robilee, I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'll tell you what started working for me; it was not trying to do it all at once. I started with just the gym but I didn't change my eating habits at all. Once I started feeling good from just the exercise, I naturally started to watch what I ate. I don't have the best diet still, but I feel good and that makes it all worth it.

Maybe walking the dogs every night. You should try getting into the mind set that it's for them and not for you. Walk Katie first and come back and switch to Tori. You'll be walking twice as much. I do that with my guys. I'll walk two and then come back and switch for the other two.

I know your dogs motivate you, so use that motivation to your advantage. I know people that have lost a lot more weight than you need to just from walking.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I am so happy to hear that everyone is doing so well with their weight loss!!!

Cataholic, sounds like a GREAT start and I'm sure you'll be sheding the pounds in no time!

CalliesMom, I wouldn't worry about that "pound or two" . . . a pound or two fluctuation is pretty normal. But almost 30 pounds since September is great! Keep up the workouts and try to eat better . . . sounds like you're doing fantastic!!!

Lori, I KNOW you've got guns, girly! Yours are probably bigger than mine by now! I've been doing arm day with my hubby lately though, so I may be able to beat you at an arm wrestling match before it's over with! LOL . . . I'm having a tough time with my tris . . . that's why I'm working out with him. I've got granny flab, LOL . . . so he's putting me through the wringer, trying to catch my tris up with my bis. Guess I've been neglecting them.

Ally Cat's Mommy . . . I haven't had a baby, but I know that it's hard to loose that baby weight, so congrats for doing that, and then some!

Me . . . as of today, I've lost 50 pounds since Feb of 04. 30 of that has just been since this past Christmas. I went from wearing a size XL or 14, really "needing" a 16 . . . I refused to shop in the Plus Sizes, which is what changed my life . . . and now I can wear a 7/8, Smalls and even XS!!! Hubby and I both eat super healthy and work out every day. I lift weights & do cardio every day . . . It's become a part of my life. A great part because I just can't imagine not being in this healthy body now. All of the hard work & sacrifice has really paid off.

I would like to see more people on this board become more health conscious! I hope that seeing this thread will inspire people to quit eating junk & start eating healthy. Start walking & exercising. Be aware of their bodies.

And I hope that we can continue to motivate each other. It's not a question of vanity . . . it's a question of good health.
    -christa

Quote Originally Posted by My Peanuts
    I joined a gym a few months ago and I can tell my arms and legs look better, plus I feel much better. I go 3-4 times a week. I change it up but a typical workout for me is 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 20 minutes on the bike or 20 minutes on the tread mill (mostly fast pace walking), then I hit the weight machines for about 20 or so minutes. I change it up, sometimes legs machines, or ab machines, or arms. I don’t do my arms too much though because I tend to get very muscular there.
    Great job that you are hitting the gym! So many people tend to be "scared" of going to gyms . . . I'm not sure why but it really is the best place to get a good workout. Anyway, about your arms, women don't genetically get big like men, if that's what you're afraid of. Maybe you're overworking your arms. How many times a week were you doing arms? I only do arms 1 day a week. I am using heavy weight right now, but I am trying to build muscle. You might want to consider using light weight, high reps for muscle strength instead of mass.
    -christa

Christa - you are down to 7/8 - WOW!!! You go girl!!!

Johanna - with the week or two you have ahead of you I bet you will see some major weight loss!

Calliesmom, Ally Cat's Mom and My Peanuts - that is great - Keep it up! I think I need to see if I can get a sponsor for weight loss - awesome idea!

RobiLee - I was very much like you before I started this. I don't call it a diet, it's just a healthy lifestyle. Last year in April I decided to try on a swimsuit and I just died when the size 22 was too tight and I saw what I looked like. I refused to go up a size and vowed in that dressing room to make a change. I went straight to the grocery section of Target and started buying salad and healthy foods. That night I told Richard we were going to lose weight and he said great let's go for a walk. That started it. We started walkingevery night. As the weight began to come off I added swimming laps and by the end of summer I was up to 100 laps a day. When we closed the pool in Sept. we joined the YMCA.

The big thing has been exercise but I also "cheat" when I need to. I LOVE ice cream and we go to my favorite place and get a big ole fat waffle cone about once a month plus I have a pizza about once a month. We eat lots of grilled chicken and veggies and we try to stick to whole grains and wheat.

I don't know if any of this helps but know you aren't alone and that it can be done. Just 14 months ago I was 78 pounds heavier, on a water pill for blood pressure and on cholesteral meds. Now I don't have to take any meds and I feel like a different person. I hate to exercise but I know it's making the difference so I do it.

Don't get me wrong about my "guns" I still have Opera Arms on the back side. I'm a good candidate for excess skin removal surgery.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    I have to say I admire you all. Where do you find the motivation, the drive? I am at a complete loss and I feel that if I don't get it together I might actually not be here much longer. I know my body can not handle all this weight that I am carrying around but it still doesn't motiviate me to do anything. I am constantly telling myself that I will start walking, start eating right..just start being healthy. It just never happens. At this point it just takes all my energy to get through a day. I can't believe I'm posting about this. I guess I'm hoping someone might say something that might actually click in my head for once. I know what I need to do, so why can't I just do it?
    Honey, if there is anywhere you can come to, it is here, and I *hope* that this thread will motivate you in all the right ways.

You know, I have really had a lot of time to think about this, over the past 2 years . . . I've come to the realization that food is an addiction. I used to be addicted to food, to eating. Because now that I'm not addicted anymore, it's not all that I think about. Now I think about my health, I think about my marriage, I think about my family, I think about my kitties, I think about my future family . . . there are just so many other things to fill my life. Things that motivate me to be healthy, to want to stay active. I guess those things are my drive. I'm so much happier now and I just want others to be as happy. I have begged my parents for 2 years now to start eating healthy and FINALLY they have given up hamburger!!! They have given up a lot of things, eat healthy now and are seeing the effects! They're loosing weight, their cholestrol is going down . . . it's a chain reaction and it's wonderful. I just wish I could share it with EVERYONE that I know!

RobiLee, I hope that you continue to post in this thread, or at least lurk . . . because sweetie, we're just here to support & motivate each other. Sometimes that's all it takes. Someone that's been through it before.

{{{Hugs}}} to you.
    -christa

I'm another one whos been loosing weight.. I was somewhere over 180p back in March & now I'm about 150p... I'm only guessing as I STILL don't have a scale lol, but I'm about the same size & build as my friend here at work & she is 160p & I'm quite a bit smaller then her, so I'm guessing 150p.

There is a new gym that opened up right by my place. Shawn & I are thinking of joining it, if its opened late (atleast 10pm) as Shawn doesn't get to my house until about 7-8pm. I need to loose fat & build some muscle (don't care how much I weight, its the giggly fat thats gotta go) & Shawn needs to put on weight & build muscle.

Shawn is doing great on his weight gain (thought I'd update that here). He has a pot belly & I can no longer see all his ribs & spine Hes feeling really good, as almost everyday he says, look at my belly, I have a pot belly, YAY!!!! ok, to everyone else on earth its not a pot belly, but to his skinny arse its a pot belly lol Hes just like his dad, a bag-o-bones, I joke around with Shawn & ask if he wants any of my fat to grow a butt.. he always gets upset & says your not fat!! hehe gotta love him