• Fast and furious with litter everywhere

25 73.53%
  • Don't bother to cover

11 32.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Silly poll about litterbox habits

Silly poll about litterbox habits

Each morning I get to observe Trevor in his box. He visits it like he is on some kind of time clock. He is very thorough and very neat and sort of a kitty with a routine. He does pee in one area and poo in another and covers ever so gently.

Andy, on the other hand, mostly uses his box when no one is around. I can tell that he has been in it because of the litter scattered outside of the box. He covers furiously!

There have been a few times (I can probably count them on one hand in 13 years) when someone hasn't covered their *contributions* to the box. What about your kitties? Do they cover carefully, cover furiously, or not cover at all? See I told you it was silly.

You may vote more than once as I know most of us have more than one kitty.

JJJ3 and the Moose overcover and throw everything out of the box.
    The other Cats sit do thier business and cover.
    Sometimes if there are piles outside the box, they will use that.
    Darned Big Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I find mine do different business in different spots. It depends on how Amy feels as to rather she covers hers or not. Sometimes she is lucky to get her business done inside the box... other times she will dig and sling and dig, and sling and dig and dig and dig. I just laugh at her when she does that. For the most part though, they all are gentle and cover it up.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Shadow does NOT cover up after herself. She gets out of there as quickly as possible leaving a lovely smell behind.

Whisper kicks litter ALL over and I must sweep on a daily basis, with a new round of litter on the floor.

Callie covers up after herself and doesn't make much of a mess. If only the other two could take after her.
    Sarah, meowmie of Whisper, Shadow, Callie and red-eared slider, Kahn

Thank you CatNapper for the beautiful siggy!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I voted for 2 - fast and furious and don't bother to cover.
    Halo does her business. While still standing in the cat box, she digs furiously at the carpet (not the litter) then jumps out of the box. She knows to go in the box. She knows she's supposed to dig something. But, she's never figured out she's supposed to dig the litter. Then she jumps out leaving it uncovered.

Cammie doesn't bother to cover. Pepper sometimes but most of the time she's in too much of a hurry to get back to playing.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have mostly 1 & 3 types. No one that I know of does the fast and furious cover.

But my funniest cat was RB Bear. When he would poop he would litterally SHOOT out of the box when he was finished, but not when he peed. We could not help but laugh at his behavior.

Amusing thread,Lexie is my only litter box kitty, she does it anywhere, furiously digging and trying to cover but never manages to do that very often, I have the litter box near a wall unit, she scratches that every time, silly girl instead of the litter, and she misses a few times, so i have protective covering on the flooring just incase, plastic rubbish sacks do the trick, but yes she is not so neat in that department, but hey at least she uses one.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I have a mixed pair - Mitzi is the fast and furious little litter flinger - litter everywhere. I call her Mitzi mess maker - Life is a beach, my apartment is a beach with the little Ms. Mitzi around.

Mishi is a dainty guy (shh - don't tell him that! ), not wanting to get his velvet paws dirty. He will pee and poop and then paw around the outside of the litter box, never getting his lovely golden gloves dirty by actually touching the litter. Lately I've spotted Mitzi covering up his stuff

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I had to choose:
    Fast and furious and
    Doesn't bother to cover
    and I've only one cat!

Haven't figured out how she decides.

All three at my house
    Eleanor is the "leave it & dont bury"
    Skinny is the "dig hole to china, just so"
    Cindy and Thumper "cover nicely and leave"
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I have a little of all 3 (and thats how I voted too! )

Allen REFUSES to cover. Any of the others smell his poo and they come running to do the honors for hm. They ALWAYS cover his iun a quick efficient manner.

Then depending on the day and what's going on, the other will cover their own poo in a leisurely and methodical manner, or fast and "lets get this done and over with" manner

One cat, three litter boxes and they all get dug up, litter everywhere before and after he does his business!

I voted for all 3. Samson doesn't cover.

I voted for fast and furiously, because there's ALWAYS litter all over the floor outside of the litter boxes when I go to clean them out, and the litter boxes are all COVERED! I'm trying to figure out how to get them to face the doorway into the litter box when they cover their droppings, because then it would just all go up against the back cover. But NOO-O-O-O-oo-oo-ooo-ooo, they can't look out the door and cover it up that way. They have to have the door to their REAR when they do it!

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

Raven gently covers up her mess up, she is very good about keeping the litter in the pan, which i happen to be thankful for!!! My last cat kobe would fling litter everywhere trying to cover it, it was pretty ridiculos lmao