Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on the Olney, Illinois DOZEN!!!

Update on the Olney, Illinois DOZEN!!!

Well, I apologize for the delayed thread. Believe it or not, I just finished flea bathing, treating, earmite cleaning, and nail clipping these luck dozen. They are fisty little bits!! I ended up with a bit of marks!! LOL! Well here is the story:

I left at 6:30am on 8/17. We made good time. We arrived at Richland City "Pound" (as it was posted) at about 10:30am. Sandy (the pound manager) was very eager to meet me....she practically ran out the door as we pulled up! She is a very nice lady...at second impression that is!! Well, we went inside. It was horrible. The smell was overwhelming of dog feces and urine. As soon as I walked in I saw one dog....who just looked at me all sad like. There were several dog kennels...but one lone dog. I wish I could've taken him. Sandy led me into the "CAT ROOM". There was a desk, a bathroom, and about 9 or 10 descent size cages. I instantly knew which babies were mine. As Sandy and her assistant...can't remember her name...sorry, loaded the 8 in my carriers. The post on the babies said they were 8-10 wks old, so I figured they were small enough to fit four to a carrier...yeah, I was wrong. The white deaf baby....is not no 8 wks... more like 16...very big boy. Yes it is a boy. The orange and white male is rather big as well. About 12 to 16 weeks. The other six are about 8-10 weeks as stated. So anyway, Sandy piled them in the carriers. I spotted another all white with blue eyes and asked about him. She told me he just came in....I said I will take him too. Then I saw a long haired grey with white blending in the fur and ask about him. She said he is a bit aggressive. I saw no aggression at all. Then I saw three more. A big long haired orange tabby momma and her little lone baby. They seemed very sweet. And a rather large grey tiger stripped tabby in the bottom cage. I asked about them as well. Sandy informed me that the momma was found with her "one" baby in somebody's yard so they turned them in to the pound. The large male at the bottom was not allowed to go. He was found in a drug house. He was exposed to Meth and not very healthy or friendly. Sandy said it was only fair to him to have him euthanized. So, I made a call to be sure my fiance would not go through the roof...he said take 'em all....I said without hesitation...I am taking all 12. Sandy was rather surprised. She agreed to let me take the four extras at no charge. She was even kind enough to donate me two of her used carriers. One was duck taped together and the other is in wonderful shape. I gave her my info and told her to give me a couple of months to find these 12 homes and I would be glad to help out again. Sandy was very pleased.

Our trip home was not to great. The kittens were so stressed they deficated all over thier carriers. The momma tried clawing apart our passanger seat! After the trip home, we stopped at petsmart and purchased thanks to the generosity of all whom donated and my fiance's extra cash) two cages that were on sale, flea medicine for all, flea shampoo, two extra litter pans, and a two boxes of litter. All have been de-flead and treated.

Here are the long awaited photos of the babies, teenagers, and adults.

Our original eight....
    Tortie girl, about 8-10 weeks old.

Grey girl ( I think) with grey eyes. 8-10 weeks old.

Other grey girl. 8-10 weeks old.

Calico girl. 8-10 weeks old.

Black and white little boys..he is actually small though he looks big in the pic. 8-10 weeks old.

Orange and white male...he looks about 12-16 weeks old.

Black female (I think). 8-12 weeks old.

The long awaited....Pure white with blue eyes deaf little boy. About 16 weeks old. I call him Icess...just for now.

(See #2 for the other kitties)

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. I have my hands full, but at least they are alive. Well, now all is said and done and they are safe and sound. Some babies are coughing, so as soon as I get the funds I am taking them to the vet. I am getting all 12 spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and FIV/FELV tested. I called the vet regarding the prices. I take them to PAWS in Chicago. They are low-cost everything. Well for everything for all 12 it came out to $476.87 USD. I guess that is a great price...but I do not have that money saved up....well, for bills, my kids, yes, but not for this. So donations are appreciated. Thank you everybody.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 08-18-2006 at 01:38 AM. Reason: TO ADD A NAME

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

Our "cast-a-ways"! The three. One was taken home with a good friend today...I forgot to snap a photo. I will as soon as I pick the baby up for shots and spaying. She was a beautiful long gray with whiite female about 8-10 weeks.

Long haired Orange Female (We named "Grace", for when she walks, her long orange tail flows behind her with such grace and style.) maybe about a year or so old; and her baby, a little boy about 6 weeks, not yet named.

The twin to the deaf white male above, a long haired pure white male with blue eyes. He can hear though. His nose is a little more pointed..I think is is charming. We named him "Prince Charming".

All of these cats are available for adoption except the deaf boy and the two gray girls. They have been spoken for!! Again, thank you everybody for all of your constant support in this major mission. WE DID IT!!!

www.rornfp.org

The kitties say THANK YOU

They are all so cute. If I would be closer, I am not sure I would resist taking the second white kitten

What lovely pictures of these very lucky babies. Bless you for doing this for them and I am sure that you will get homes for all of them.
    I would have the white older boy if I could . He looks slightly oriental in the picture. He's gorgeous.

We are sending Prayers for All Those Kittens that they will have Good Furr Ever Homes, and grow to be Big Happy Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Tracy - if you hadn't stepped forward, five or the original eight would no longer be alive, and the other four very likely wouldn't have long to live. Thank you so much for going through this for them and for us. I only had one messy baby, my CH one who had diarrhoea lying on her side, to clean up this morning so I don't want to imagine how much time you had to spend cleaning up their mess as they panicked in the car.

Why don't we leave which ones come to me until you have a better feel for which will find homes through you. A few people have shown interest in the deaf boy, so he may not need to come to me. Also, since I already have some FIV+ cats, it may be better if we wait to see if any of the kittens, or mom cat, test positive. I don't want to give you extra burdens, but it might be better all round if we make an assessment later.

OH MAN!! I am sitting here crying... What a angel you are to these wonderful babies and the miracle of PT has done it again. Those are some really lucky kitties to have been there when you went and I know that lady at the shelter was thrilled to death. I bet she cried when you drove off with that dozen that they had been saved and was taking that first step into their new and hopefully, wonderful lives. Thank God there are people like you (and others here) who will go this far to save them. The world needs more people like you! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you have done for these kitties and will be doing for them. God Bless you!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Great job! Thanks so much for helping these babies!

If there isn't a Saint Tracy, there is one now! Thanks to the 'insanity' of another rescuer, twelve lives have been spared and will have an opportunity to find a loving forever home............

Thank you PT'ers for your generosity and THANK YOU Tracy for opening your home and your heart to such adorable little kittens, the mothers and the little one who was exposed to drugs - and a very special thank you to that fellow you share your life with who told you to grab them all! He's a keeper!

What a great happy ending story to start my Friday! /mari
    Some people have lives, others have cats........

MomMom to the FuzzyButts
    Spirit Cat and the Mooseheart Mumpkees

Tracy, I'm so glad that all of these kittens are now in your care and I hope that they'll all be able find homes soon. You've done excellent work and I'm so glad that I was able to donate to such a worthy cause.

Tracy - wow, you did some overtime on this rescue job!!! Bless you!!! Oh how I wish there was room for an addition here because a few of those kitties really call to me.

That does like a great price for the spay/neuters, vaccinations and testing but that is still a lot plus all the food, litter and other things you will be providing while finding homes. When you are ready please be sure to let us know so we can possibly help with donations. From the sounds of what happened on your trip home you could call it the "IL Dirty Dozen Fundraiser".

From Decker with Love

Tracy, my hats off to you!!! Wonderful work.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat
    Tracy - wow, you did some overtime on this rescue job!!! Bless you!!! Oh how I wish there was room for an addition here because a few of those kitties really call to me.

That does like a great price for the spay/neuters, vaccinations and testing but that is still a lot plus all the food, litter and other things you will be providing while finding homes. When you are ready please be sure to let us know so we can possibly help with donations. From the sounds of what happened on your trip home you could call it the "IL Dirty Dozen Fundraiser".
    That is too funny, "IL Dirty Dozen Fundraiser", I just may do that!! I will be ready to take the first five in next week. I have to make the appointment, arrangements at work, and be sure the babies are strong enough to undergo surgery. The Deaf Boy is going to my mother...for sure. The rest all need homes once they are vaccinated, tested, and altered. Please spread the word everybody. Thank you. I just hope I can afford all this!! LOL!!!

www.rornfp.org

Thanks for doing rescue!!!! Even though its for kitties! lol JUST KIDDING PEOPLE!! Its people like you that give all the fur babies out there a chance.
    Tim ~ Majestic Collies

"Just when you think there are no Angels, a Collie comes into your life"
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take
    but by the moments that take our breath away"

GIVE ME THE HELPLESS, THE LOST, THE HOMELESS LITTLE ONES STRUGGLING TO LIVE; SEND THESE WEAK,
    ABANDONED LIVES TO ME, I OFFER HOPE, CARE, WARMTH AND MOST OF ALL LOVE,

Pledge of a Rescue Worker

I am soo soo excited about seeing the lildirty dozen! Tracy you are an angel! I knew f there weremore there you wouldn't leave without them. I wouldhave done the samething. I am so happy to see all their precious faces! I thnk afundraier for them is a great idea!
    Melissa