Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *****I Need Urgent Help!!!***** Sick Kitten!

*****I Need Urgent Help!!!***** Sick Kitten!

Ok, I want to cry. Aslan is already sick! It sorta started this morning. He's puked 6 times since this morning and can't leave his litterbox for more than a couple minutes-- he has serious runs. He's been puking (And pooping) white stuff. Is it milk? We gave him easy digest milk that we gave Hobo when he was a kitten. Can that be doing this? I really need help, can anyone tell me what this might be? I'm really scared for him!! I got some pictures a couple days ago (When he was feeling ok), I'll try to upload them sometime soon. Had anyone ever experienced this? when it first started we thought it might be a hairball... but we don't know now. PLEASE help!! It's very urgent!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Poor Aslan!!

Hard to tell what it is, but I'd say he should see a vet as soon as possible!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's something that's easy to cure, but please let him see a vet! This is a serious condition for a kitten!

Kirsten

If you just started him on the cat milk recently, just before this started, I would say that is the problem.

Stop giving him the stuff, and call your vet to be on the safe side.

Try and keep him hydrated, have water for him!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I guess I'll ask mom if she can talk to the vets. I just gave him some water, and he has nothing to do with it. all he's doing right now is lying next to the litterbox sleeping......

I hope he's not already dehydrated. Hope you'll convince your mom to drive him to the vet asap!

Kirsten

Once Their dehydrated they don't want water?? :''''(

If I was you I'd take the kitten to the vet asap. If Aslan becomes too dehydrated he can die. The vet may need to put some subcutaneous fluids in him. You can learn to do this at home too. Please take him to the vet before it's too late.

If he's refusing to drink water, even though he is seriously dehydrated by now, then he is very ill. A hairball would not cause this type of extreme reaction. If I found a kitten lying beside a litter box, exhausted from diarrhoea, I'd be in my car on the way to vet in less than a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by joanofark
    Once Their dehydrated they don't want water?? :''''(
    When they are that dehydrated, they don't have the will to drink water even though they need it desperately.

No, not necessarily... Kittens often refuse to drink water when they are not used to it.

I thought he may already be dyhydrated because he seems to be weak as he's sleeping next to his litter box now. Is his nose dry and warm? And when you take his skin between your thumb and forefinger, is it elastic, or does it take a couple of seconds before it "unwrinkles"? Are his gums pale?

However, this sounds like a serious condition to me and you shouldn't hesitate to bring him to a vet!

Kirsten

I got this information off the web:

"You can tell if your cat is dehydrated by doing the 'pinch' test. Take a bit of skin on the cats back and pinch it, let go and see how long it takes for the skin to retract back to its normal spot. The skin should be extremely elastic and immediately bounce back, if it takes more than a second or two your cat is probably dehydrated."

Additonal information found here : dehyrdration

I would be calling your vet ASAP.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    No, not necessarily... Kittens often refuse to drink water when they are not used to it.

Kirsten
    I've never seen a kitten that didn't drink water, I guess because the ones I've fostered and adopted had been away from their mother for a while. You mean kittens that have just been taken from their mother?

Is nose IS dry. Is gums are the sme color as my healthy boy, Hobo's. And His skin DOES NOT snap back into place, It did the same thing at it did when I did it to Hobo. Thank you SO much for the advice everyone, I'm going to talk to mom now.

So it sounds like he IS dehydrated. Please tell your mother not to lose any time!

Good luck and best wishes for little Aslan! I'll keep both of you in my thoughts tonight!

Kirsten

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten
    So it sounds like he IS dehydrated. Please tell your mother not to lose any time!

Good luck and best wishes for little Aslan! I'll keep both of you in my thoughts tonight!

Kirsten
    Thanks, and mom said she thinks his skin is snaping back. I'm really upset. We don't have much money left after school supplies right now, but mom's calling the vet anyway.... thanks for you help guyss. :'''(

Gosh, here comes the tears.