Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Duke's Prognosis*Not Good

Duke's Prognosis*Not Good

Duke's health has changed drastically just since Thursday. He only ate half his can of food last night and has been drooping his tail. I had to work last night but came home and checked on him at 2 this morning. His back legs weren't working properly and his breathing had gotten labored. When I got home this morning, I was taking him up the driveway to get the paper. He usually gets really excited about it. The first thing that alarned me was he took a potty right on the driveway.Then on the way back, just layed down. I stood in the driveway and sobbed. I don't want to say goodbye. I just got back from the vet. He's 80-90% sure that Duke has lung cancer. A biopsy would take at least 4 days and the vet was concerned about quality of life, as am I. I am going to spend the weekend with him and see if I can get him to eat chicken. Unless a miracle occurs, I'm having the vet come to my house on Monday afternoon to put him to sleep. My heart is breaking and my world is shattered.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Quote Originally Posted by dukedogsmom
    Duke's health has changed drastically just since Thursday. He only ate half his can of food last night and has been drooping his tail. I had to work last night but came home and checked on him at 2 this morning. His back legs weren't working properly and his breathing had gotten labored. When I got home this morning, I was taking him up the driveway to get the paper. He usually gets really excited about it. The first thing that alarned me was he took a potty right on the driveway.Then on the way back, just layed down. I stood in the driveway and sobbed. I don't want to say goodbye. I just got back from the vet. He's 80-90% sure that Duke has lung cancer. A biopsy would take at least 4 days and the vet was concerned about quality of life, as am I. I am going to spend the weekend with him and see if I can get him to eat chicken. Unless a miracle occurs, I'm having the vet come to my house on Monday afternoon to put him to sleep. My heart is breaking and my world is shattered.
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby I know the story. maybe a vet visit could help here? I am at a loss for words here... I see you already did the biopsy- it does take time.
    Make a list- what he wants to do and likes it- you will know its time as the list stops..
    Now=- sometimes they have off days. I have one that has worried me several times, but I can see his eyes, he is here, but just wants a day off... Next day- he is back.
    I am here.. I am sorry but maybe it was just a bad day... They have those you know, just like we do! Meanwhile both of you are in my prayers !

I am so saddened by this post I really hope it was just an off day as suggested above. Prayers on the way for Duke. GET WELL SOON DUKE!

Me-24
    Hubby-25
    Daughter Zoey is 2 !!!!
    Jasmine 1 month

You and Duke will be in my prayers, we hope he gets hungry soon, and feels better.

Oh no, my heart is breaking for you. Let's all pray for a miracle for Duke! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers....

Val, prayers are on the way for you and Duke. I really hope the prognosis is wrong about Duke, and he starts to feel better this weekend.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I've been praying for you guys since I saw that post in the prayer thread that it wasn't cancer. I'm so sorry to here of this. I can't believe it. I've always enjoyed seeing pictures of handsome Duke. He was a favorite PT dog of mine. I'm here praying for a miracle.

Oh Val I know how you've been dreading this time in Duke's life. I remember when Angus starting having more bad days than good. It's so hard.

I'm just hoping that he still has some more good days left in him. Enjoy what time you have together. We'll all be here for you when it's time.

Sending you many (((Hugs)))
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh dear little Duke please get better your human still needs your company around and loves you to peices, I just pray little Duke will turn to a brighter side and start to eat and run around just like before.

Im so sorry Val, all I can do is say a prayer for your big boy and hope that works because prayers, hopes, good thoughts & loving hearts is all that we have but the most important thing is for you to have faith.

I have seen this work for other animals and I hope same goes for Duke.

Oh Val, I am so sorry. I'll be hoping for a miracle for our sweet Duke & you. hugs to yous.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Reading your up date , on your Duke, brought me to a stand still~

I will Keep HIM and You in my thoughts and Prayers~

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

We're havin a problem down here onna Durt Ball ...
    We're just not sure what to be paryin for.

Pore ole Duke is kinda sayin he might be reddy fur a career change ...
    he'd be good at Therapy or Kat Sittin at the Bridge ...
    but we're not sure he's really reddy to go ...

Momma Val is so wurried he may be sufferin --- an he's jest not tellin ...
    Maybe You kuld fly down here an have a lil *chat* wiff Duke an his Mom?

She'll go along wiff whatever Plan You suggest - but she'd like to know what it is.

Please do Your Best, God, to make Duke's weekend a Joyful one ...

Thanks, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Val,

Sending lot of prayers for Duke that he has some good days left to enjoy. Also many hugs and prayers for you to have the strength to enjoy those days with him.

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I am in tears right now. My heart is breaking for you. I always liked you as member, you always had good advice and comforting words to say and Duke is such a cutie. I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and Duke that he will get better and many hugs sent your way.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Lots of prayers on the way for you and Duke!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~