Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update & Prayers Please

Update & Prayers Please

hello! first, thank you all for PMs - from lawsuit thread - wow! I got notifications but didn't realize I had more than what I got. you people are incredibly wonderful. now I'm back, I'll try and catch up with all of you!

right now, I came on to ask for prayers for my good friend (best landlord in whole wide world) - he fell off the branch cutting tree three days ago (27 feet down) and shattered about 15 bones, including 4 major joints .. and was helicoptered to biggest local hospital. the house has been so quiet, dark and cold (he loves his doggibarkings, lights and heat!) and I'm still recovering from my fractured rib, so busy taking care of five extra animals -- two demanding labs, one elder calico cat of his and two of my friend's superwild kittens I'm kittysitting for.

he just had operation this morning putting pins outside his nearly whole body and they will open him up to put pins/plates in neck, shoulder, collarbone and knee next week...yipes. he won't be home for about four-six weeks.

at least it's fun to have this big three stories house to myself! so we (and his daughter who have been over too, checking on the house) would appreciate any spare vibes you can give, for him to get well really soone - thanks!

and I hope to catch up on you guys soon, missed you for a while.

..gina & co.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Wow Gina sorry to hear about your friend. A friend of mine fell off a ladder several months ago and hurt her face pretty bad. It did take time but she is fine now...
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

thanks caseysmom - glad she's okay - they both could have hit right on the head! most serious injury. my friend (landlord) told me his order is to lay up for 6-8 months! or could be more, he's almost a senior. oh..I don't know how I'm going to handle all of this. he is one who mainly takes care of this house with all of bills I pay him. and I start school again in two weeks.

please, please keep praying, talking.. he was in good spirit until this late evening, he heard more about multi-surgries and wants to give up and isn't doing good in trauma room - won't eat for three days now - isn't feeling or doing too good.. he has a choice and if he wants to give up, we all lose this dream home.

again.

Remind him that his puppies and kitties need him...and about his wonderful house and how it won't be the same without him. Also...ask him where you will go if he doesn't keep up the fight?

If he has other living creatures to think of - both you and his furkids - it might help him focus differently.

Prayers and hugs and vibes are all yours and his!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Tell him all of Pet Talk will be praying for him, so he just has to get better. Sneak him in some chocolate, or whatever his favorite treat is, too.

he knows. he knows.. he once told me his loyal labs was what kept him going.

I see him at hospital everyday since he admitted there, crayola gets to visit him too in case he's really lonely without a dog. boredom is his greatest fear.

he loves chopping, cooking, reading, sparkling his van, makes sure and keeps things (house, mobiles, mowers, bike, basement) running in good condition .. I can totally understand him. I get jitter syndrome if I do nothing for 10 minutes! his 47 years wife just passed away a couple months ago too.

karen, remember I told you I brough him his favorite drink, mountain dew (I don't know what else) - he didn't wanted it. I've never seen him this sad. I just stood there, my eyes got teary, didn't know what to say - he doesn't know anything, what had happened to me, lost home thrice and all - I could tell he felt bad. nurse then asked me to leave, I was there too long.

sigh. thanks both.

Geesh. I feel so bad for your landlord. He sounds like a very nice man. I noticed, having cared for my parents, they tend to get depressed and worried and want to give up.especially if a loved one is gone.

I understand about the pins and bolts and screws, but of course I wasn't as bad as he is. The docs can do some pretty amazing stuff these days, believe me. Please try to encourage him to fight. The mind can also work wonders in healing. Remind him how his labbies need him. Tell him he'll be able to come home. Tell him how needed he is to his daughter and you.

You might want to tell his daughter to have the hospital send in a psychologist. It helped me.

Please tell him his unknown friends at PT are praying and rooting for him. I feel so bad for everyone...LES

I've been Boooo'd!

Oh Gina, this is all too sad. I will keep your landlord in my prayers and you, as always are in my prayers. Could you tell us his first name? We could use his name in this thread, then when you show it to him we will be using his name instead of 'your landlord'. And yes, like others said, encourage him that his dogs and cats need him.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh Gina.... I hope Crayola helps cheer him up!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

you know, when you're so sick, you don't want anything or to do anything. I think they're giving him too much morphs?

sorry, chocopuppy - his name is ron.

I tried to call him this morning (9AM everyday), no answer yet, probably in a test right now.

I will be sure to tell him (and constantly remind him of course) about you all pulling up for him next time I speak to him, thanks all!

k9karen, it's good to know what else more I can do for him - I'll talk with her daughter too - I'll keep you all updated ..

i kinda think a bit of morphine is good for you when you've had a few surgeries and metal pins are sticking out of your body in a hospital setting. there is a limit on the IV pump and he can't really overdose, it just won't give more then an alotted amount per 24 hours. and ron is lucky to have you there, as are his furries. he's in my prayers, as are you gina. get well everyone
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

lots of good vibes and good thoughts coming for Ron for a speedy and full recovery. Those puppers and kits of his must really miss him. Ron is a lucky guy it was not worse. He must have had some angels watching over him that day. I would like to think they were PT angels.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

joyce, I meant, enough for him. he didn't really liked all (three) IVs going into him. I got a hold of him around this noon before I went out for a visit - he's having a cruddy pain in tummy and no one knows why from a test yet.

hey there michelle, what a surprise you're back!! ((((welcomeee back!)))) thank you for prayers, I'd like to think corinna was there too.

I baked him some keylime cheesecake (another thing that makes him happy) and took it to hospital, today is my last day visiting him. he said he'll have some later (and visitors could have some too).

I'm gone to new york city tomorrow early morning and won't be back until thursday. so please take over this dear ron in your prayers for me (and for him) until I get back. it was already as bad as I left.

thanks everyone again, talk to you all soon.

I didn't have time to reply to all your threads but your in my thoughts, the family is too. hugs
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

it's good to see you, lvdogs and thank you for stopping by.

ron is doing okay, swollen and itching mad from medicine going in him - he isn't very happy camper right now. I went and saw him at the hospital today and heard that he's going to nursing home in about a week. he probably won't come home for another months to a year.

I'm about to explode (or is that breakdown?) here... I keep coming home to labs' logs and peepuddles everywhere. ron usually is around at the house (retired, works around the house) and take labs outside whenever needed. I am not home as much as they need me and I'm feeling all trapped. especially my school is starting this coming week! plus, my missing cat isn't found yet -- please see this if you haven't yet. I can't keep cleaning up after them unnecessarily.

I kept calling ron, and we both kept calling his daughter. poor sick ron isn't in position to argue, ask and beg. I honestly think these dogs need to go now. I don't have time for their trainings, they nip me aggressively too and nobody is helping me here. their food ran out twice already, unaffordable for me anymore now.

well, this is vent, I'm just at end of my wits and don't want any advices. but know this, I wish I could show more of my gratitude for all of your thoughts, words and hugs better and always appreciate them. I would have been gone.

thank you everyone, and I'll respond to your PMs soon this weekend, sorry.
    Last edited by gina's ark inc.; 12-01-2006 at 11:11 PM.