Thread: *URGENT* Gentle "Ben" Slated To Die...Hickory Creek, TX

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

*URGENT* Gentle "Ben" Slated To Die...Hickory Creek, TX

http://handicappedpets.com/help/viewtopic.php?t=7253

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:08 pm Post subject: Hickory Creek, TX-"BEN" - FIV + Maine Coon (?mix)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extremely URGENT!!! STILL THERE,Hickory Creek, TX -
    "BEN" - FIV + Maine Coon (?mix) - BEGGING!!!
    I CALLED THE SHELTER MYSELF TODAY AND SPOKE WITH A VERY NICE GENTLEMAN WHO TOLD ME THAT THIS CAT IS STILL AT THE SHELTER AND NEEDS TO BE RESCUED. THE CAT HAS BEEN THERE AWHILE NOW AND IS VERY SWEET. THIS CAT MAY RUN OUT OF TIME VERY SOON IF THE SHELTER GETS CROWDED AND THEY HAVE TO EUTH.

PLEASE...ISN'T THERE ANYONE WHO CAN FIND ROOM FOR THIS SWEET GUY ??!!

HICKORY CREEK ANIMAL SERVICES
    *Hickory Creek is just north of Dallas (north of Flower Mound, on I-35E just past Lake Lewisville bridge)

PTS could be scheduled any time for the cats and dog pictured below. This shelter performs PTS upon coming full and they only have a half dozen or so dog runs and cat cages. Cats are particularly in danger at this time. Please call Ken AT 940-465-7444 to tag.

DIRECTIONS: Located on the southbound I35E service road, just south of the Lake Dallas/Hickory Creek Exit immediately after you cross over Lake Lewisville.

Ben, Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix?, M
    Ben is a sweet, beautiful, long-haired kitty and appears to possibly be a Maine Coon due to his size and structure. This sweet boy tested positive for FIV. If you know anyone that may perhaps already have an FIV positive kitty, as you are aware these kitties can live a normal long life and FIV is believed to be passed through biting. Can't see this guy biting - he's an absolute sweetie. The shelter would very much like to see this guy saved, but unfortunately, they are very full at this time, and Ben will be first on the PTS list. Do you know of anyone that might be interested in this sweet loving boy? Shelter willing to waive adoption fee and get kitty fixed, etc. to anyone wanting to adopt directly from the shelter. Please contact Ken at 940-465-7444 asap. ON PTS LIST.
    Last edited by QueenScoopalot; 12-14-2006 at 06:41 PM.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

any way to get transport to PA?? i'd take him in in a heartbeat. I love my FIV+ boys.

That would be wonderful if you could get him. I've been reading about him and worrying about him from other forums for nearly a week now. It looks like there may be enough people concerned about him that transport could be arranged. Try the 911Rescue site, which Jan will know about, or Best Friends (where I posted about Ben) because both sites have lots of experience with transport. Please keep us updated.

I adore my FIV+ boys also but I can't take any more at this time.

Edited to add that this is a good time, with so many people travelling, to try to get someone to take him in the cabin as one of their carry-on's. It costs about $80.

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_librarian
    any way to get transport to PA?? i'd take him in in a heartbeat. I love my FIV+ boys.
    I'd call the shelter (contact info at bottom) and find out the status on this sweet sounding boy. Lizzie has a great idea about transporting via Holiday travellers! Yahoo Groups has lots of rescue/ transport groups but you need to join Yahoo Groups, many of the groups listed. It's an attempt to stop idiots from posting nonsense, and stop spam. I think the first step however is making sure Ben's still available, and have them put a hold on him if so until transport can be arranged.Here's a list of Yahoo groups that deal with "animal transporting". Chose a few groups that have many members as opposed to ones with hardly any. It betters the chances of finding help.
    http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query...l+transporters
    Keep me posted..and wish I was closer and could pull him & hold till transportation can be worked out.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

I just called the shelter because I couldn't bear the suspense. He's was taken in by a local rescue yesterday. I'll try and spend a little time today going into the many forums where he was posted and give them the good news. Phew!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! That's great mews! (Typo intended lol)!
    Author Unknown ~*~

Whew! Thank goodness. I did just subscribe to a bunch of rescue transport groups. Would be good to help out anyway.