Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your dogs favorite treat?

What is your dogs favorite treat?

Ginger's favorite training treat has always been Pet Botanics meat rolls (broken into small pieces); it would pretty much guarantee her attention no matter what else is going on. However, yesterday we were out walking and ran into one of Ginger's friends. After they said hello to each other and ran around briefly, they both went off sniffing. Then Khavey's mom asked him if he wanted a Charlee Bear . He ran to her so fast I thought he was going to knock me over. She then gave Ginger one. She went just as crazy over it. I couldn't believe it. You would have thought she was carrying around pieces of hot dogs in her pocket. Cindy gave me a few to take home, and Ginger still went crazy over them (even when there was no one else here to eat them if she didn't). They are just little crackers and are only 3 calories each. I can't wait to get her some.

Anyway, I am always excited to try new things with her, and was wondering what is everyone else's favorite treat?

Right now their favorites are the Wellness Wellbites. They say I'm being paranoid and staying away from wheat treats, so that's they're favorite.

They say they really like the package of venison and salmon WellBites that aunt Joyce got them.

They also really like Buddy Biscuits sweet potato madness & Newman's Own Organics Peanut Butter.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

My girls still go crazy over their chicken strips. We don't go a day without a piece of a chicken strip. As I've said before, they stand by the drawer they're in and stare at me until I get it for them

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    They say I'm being paranoid and staying away from wheat treats
    You are not being paranoid, the contaminated list is huge & it keeps on growing. A LOT of people are feeding totally wheat free foods & treats, rightfully so.

My dogs favorite treat is home cooked liver pieces. Commercially speaking, their favorite would be freeze dried liver treats. Most moist treats are well loved too (sorry too many to list lol).
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Fenway likes Dogswell treats. He eats the Breathies & the Happy Hips.

This morning though, he had a piece of bacon for a treat.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

If you really want your dogs to go nuts, check out ZiwiPeak Venison & Fish jerky treats. I use them to teach Fender his emergency recalls. They reek, though. No bare pocket for these treats. No wheat or anything either. Kfamfr, I share your avoidance of any kind of wheat. Who knows what kind of crap is in that cereal-based hardtack called dog treats. Anyway, check these out. They're pretty good, although a little fatty for overweight dogs *cough* Stella.

http://www.ziwipeak.com/Products/Ziw...Treats-Family/

My dog is a little crazy but she loves the low sodium saltines.

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------

The Labs don't really care, they like anything! Mandy's favorite treat is homemade dehydrated beef, by far.

My two love beggin strips but thier absolute favorite treat is a carrot stick!

the best way to get your dog to go crazy over a treat, is novelty! dont assume they will love the same treat as much as they did the first time, after 2 months of eating it! its the same with us, if you had you favorite holiday dessert every day, you'd soon lose interest. its much more exciting having it just a couple times a year.

that said, my dog's favorites are cheese (bleu cheese especially!), ice cream, pure meat baby food, cheese whiz, peanut butter, natural balance treat rolls, grilled chicken, hot dogs, and the ultimate....... brautwurst or liverwurst. That stuff is pretty rich though so I like to take a small amount and smash it into some pre-cut natural balance, or kibble, so each piece has a nice light coating. Works great for training hard things or in really distracting areas.
    R.I.P. Pidge, Oliver & Charlie <3

Margaret (the biped)
    Sahkmet (the bunski)
    Brock, Alki & Royal (the beasts)
    Felix & Linus (the mewsons)

Brock - Royal - Alki

"A dog's mind is a terrible thing to waste."

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." -Edward Hoagland

Seattle Dogworks Training and Education Studio

Chester loves dehydrated liver, unless it's turkey liver, or rabbit liver. I don't know why, but he won't eat either one, raw or dehydrated. He also loves dehydrated venison meat.

Mine like Bacon Strips & Steak Snacks.

They are so spoiled. They are beggers. When they see you with a bag of chips. They assume that its their treats. haha!

Sugar falls all over in her mad dash to get a piece of carrot.

I really haven't provided her with anything else as a treat, as she is so crazy for carrots, and I'm just thrilled to have someone in the hosue who eats her vegetables.

Mine will do anything for diced up bits of Natural Balance rolls.

Thanks for all of the replies. Yes, the Natural Balance rolls are the same Pet Botanics, Ginger really does like them broken up as treats. Oh pessimasauris, Ginger would LOVE to live with you (ice cream, cheese, natural balance rolls and hot dogs-lol). Kay and terrierman, I think Ginger would really like venison treats. All of you who said your dogs like carrots, I think that is great. Ginger liked them as a puppy, but stopped eating them after learning about other treats (so Sandra you are smart). And fragrancehound, it's funny my sister had a dog that would go crazy everytime you took out a piece of wheat bread (I thought that was the funniest thing).