Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My kitty joys.

My kitty joys.

It was suggested in another of my threads that I didn't seem to be getting any enjoyment from the kitties lately. And while it is true, that I have a few nawtee cats, not everything is BAD at the Luckenbach's.

Some examples...........

Watching the babies run and play and explore their new found world.

Jasper, who seemed on death's door just a couple of weeks ago, pesting me and they laying beside me as I fall asleep.

Simba, greeting me as if he hadn't seen me in years!!! Headbutts and kisses galore!

Watching Fern, who has been shy all her life, snuggle up with Charlie on the couch. Something we NEVER thought would ever happen.

There is plenty of joy to offset the grief.

What is YOUR kitty joy?

My kitty joys

Even though they can be frustrating at times, our kitties give us so much. It's easy to understand how you feel, Jen. Striking a balance between the ups and the downs isn't such an easy thing to do. But you always give your furkids and fosters everything you've got to make them feel safe, comfortable and loved. Just think of how much they love you in return.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Very well said, Jen! Anyone who is truly honest would have to agree as well!

Some of my kitty joys:

Tabitha's insistent earlobe nursings!

Panda's nose, chin and ear nose (smear) kisses!

Grace's kneading of my neck!

Redfurd's need to know he's mommy's special boy and nudging in front of anyone who might be in my lap at the time!

Roxie's special way of talking to me and asking to go graze in the back yard.

Sammy's shy approach to ask for loving when none of the other's are watching!

Daxter's willingness to be held like a baby in my arms and have his tummy rubbed!

Harvey's taps on my shoulder or head whenever I am pouring food, filling the water fountain or otherwise "ignoring" him!

Boots' leg rubs when he finally realizes that it's 'ok' to be in the house and not the cat room. So, he doesn't have to try and hide out to keep from being put back out there!

Bonnie's willingness to keep my lap warm at any time I am in a seated position!

YES, I have lots of kitty joys!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

After some thought on it...I picked three favorites for each.

Toby
    The way he reaches out and pats my butt when I walk by, lol.

The way he shows me he's a floppy fish too when I'm working on/looking at the aquariums.

That even though he's not a lap cat, sometimes the need to be in my lap is just to much for him that he rushes me and lays on whatever's in the way.

Dixie
    Seeing her open up more and more.

The way she'll chase a feather (feffer) toy until she pants and flops over and just can't go on.

Her obsession with ear rubs...the harder you rub, the better. She prefers you rub in her ear with your knuckle...and the way she'll gently mouth your hand for more.

Churchy
    Always following me into the bathroom, knowing that I'll turn on the faucet for him to get a drink...even though there's bowls everywhere.
    I think that stems from never having enough when he was left to his own devices outside. That actually breaks my heart...I wish I could convince him that there'll always be enough now.

When he comes into the room, he announces that he's there...it sounds like he's saying "Mom...mom".

That I can rough play with him and get him all wound up...he'll run off and reappear minutes later with that "Ok, what were we doing again?" look.

I don't know...there's so much more and it's a common thing for my husband to walk in to me petting and leaking because the love for the fuzzies is overwhelming.

Great thread Jen!

Along with the "frustrations" which we won't mention one of the greatest joys Eve has brought us is her trust and the way she chooses to share her love between us. Some examples:

In the evening if we are watching a movie or a TV show, Eve will cuddle up with her Dad for a while, then she comes over and cuddles in my lap

At night in bed, although she mostly sleeps beside me (because I move less); she will curl up on Daddy's chest and purr her little heart out to let him know he's special to her

Other things we find so endearing:

The way she drools when she purrs and her tiny little body just vibrates

Eve is a chatterbox and will follow us around talking endlessly (although sometimes she is a little sassy )

When she gets over-excited Eve tends to yell (throws her voice loudly); when I tell her she's yelling, she seems to understand and gives me a 'quiet meow' for an answer

Eve loves to play with her toys and brings them all to bed with her at night it's pretty fun to find mushy mice stuffed in my pillow when I wake up in the morning

and many more...
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

The happy times far outweigh the aggravations, that's for sure.

I guess the happiest for me is hearing Puddy snore, seeing that I thought for sure I was going to lose her last time around w/the CRF.

Seeing Coco Puff look at me w/those big, blue, innocent eyes and hearing him say "Boop" and when I ask him his name, it sounds exactly like he's saying "Raoul".

Watching Pidge and Boo Bear snuggle up together and if he gets up to leave, she's right behind him.

Sitting on the sofa and having Specs hop up beside me and put his "arm" around me as though I'm his girlfriend.

Hearing Yodie Yodie talk a blue streak because she couldn't even meow when I first got her, she was so sick.

Watching Creamsicle do anything, the little bobblehead w/vestibular hypoplasia who doesn't let anything stop her.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

There are so many!

When Scooter Bug sits with his head on my shoulder purring away contentedly, just like he did as a kitten.

It makes my heart happy.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Skinny: Love when he lies on your lap when we are doing our bible study reading. Today, he laid on my lap for 1 hr snoring away while I caught up on my reading assignments.

Stephen: So cute when he wants roasted chicken. He squeeks at you. So of course he gets a little piece from my dinner plate

Eleanor: She has been cuddling with me when I am watching t.v. Giving me kisses and purring up a storm. It so reminded me of Thumper when she and I would spend hours on bed (Saturday night) watching the TLC channel.

Cindy: Always shares my computer chair when she is sleeping. She gives me just enough room to sit on the edge of the seat.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Having all my kitties around is a joy, even though sometimes Hoodini gets a little overzealous with his claws when trying to play lol. I have to be careful around the edge of the bed or else I may end up the victim of a foot attack!

Claws or not it IS really cute, so I cant really complain

Great thread Jen.

Here are some of my kitty joys:

1. Seeing my cats being able to get along for the most part again.
    2. Storm relaxing with his belly up.
    3. Starr using his litterbox and making firmer poops.
    4. Pearl and Storm licking each others heads. It's still rare to see this but it does sometimes happen.
    5. Ziggy seeming much more relaxed and content in her home and coming to me for pets much more often.
    6. Seeing Starr and Ziggy playing. Starr now has a buddy.
    7. When my cats greet me at the front door.
    8. Seeing my cats enjoying their meals and knowing that I'm feeding them very good quality food.
    9. Having Sky, Sunny, Pearl, and sometimes Storm sleeping with me and seeing how happy and content they all are.
    10.Talking to Pearly girl in the mornings and getting a lot of love from her.

SEEING THE FOUND CATS SLEEPING TOGETHER IN THIER FAMOUS PILES.
    HAVING BIG JOSEPH SIT ON THE PILLOW BESIDE MY HEAD AT NIGHT AND THUNDER PURR ME TO SLEEP.
    BO BO LYING ON MY CHEST LIKE MR SCRAPPY AND GENTLE HEAD BUTTS ENSUNG.
    THE KITTEN TRIO AS THEY RACE THROUGH THE HOUSE, FULL TILT.
    THIER MY GOD YOURE A MAGICIAN LOOK WHEN SUDDENLY A MORSEL APPEARS BEFORE THIER NOSE.
    THE LOVE THAT HAS BUILT UP WITH MY SENIOR CATS MICHAEL AND THE PRINCESS OVER THE LAST 14 YEARS.
    SCRAPPY 2S HAPPINESS AT A PIECE OF CHEESE.
    THE VISITS OF MY CAT ANGELS LETTING ME KNOW THAT OUR LOVE ENDURES.
    THE JOY OF A PORCH CATS REALIZING THAT I AM THERE TO BE THIER FRIEND, AND TRUSTING JANICE AND I TO PUT THEM IN THE CARRIER.
    THANK YOU FOR THIS IDEA JEN, ITS OUT OF THE BEST THREADS THIS YEAR!!

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE JUST AFTER HER OUCHIE EAR LAST YEAR.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    My joy right now is watching Mitzi come out of her shell. Who is this cute, perky cat who greets me at the door and even wanders down the hall outside my apartment, exploring the neighbors' doors, tail held high, meowing at me with bright green eyes? I love it when she puts her paw on me - she did it this morning - a little Mitzi love-tap.

Watching her chase her tail just brings the silliest grin to my face. She's never going to catch it, but you can't tell her that - she just keeps trying! I'm amazed that she still hasn't figured out that it's attached to her - permanently.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Great thread Jen!

Pouncer coming to me for a few scritchies before he runs off to get into trouble.

Abby sleeping curled up beside me. Abby always needing to know where I am, and always being in whatever room I'm in.

Allen sleeping on my full bladder at 6:00 in the morning

Flutter meowing and pawing at me for pets (oh the look in those green eyes!)

Harry's monster purr. his big body keeping my feet warm at night.

Watching them all come from every corner of the house for treats or a game of laser light.

Great thread!

Tabitha:
    ~ Her very loud purrrrrr!
    ~ That she loves to cuddle with me under the covers and in the crook of my arm.
    ~ That when I wake up in the morning, she is curled up on the pillows next to mine.... my very own "Princess and the Pea".
    ~ That she loves to lay on the back of the couch while I watch TV, and she has her head on my shoulder, purring away.

Sasha:
    ~ Her silliness at all hours.
    ~ How she loves to throw milk rings in the air and then speed away from them like they will attack her!
    ~ How she has recently learned that cuddling with Meowmom is okay, and she likes to lay next to me with her head on my legs and her arms stretched over one of my legs!
    ~ How she zooms up the stairs when I start up and jumps on the bathroom sink, meowing loudly for me to turn the water on please!

Both my girls....
    ~ A new phenomenon.... our cuddle sessions in the morning. Tabby lays on the pillow in the crook of my arm and Sasha lays on my tummy. We stay like that for almost 20 minutes every morning, both of them purring and enjoying some cuddle time with me! Of course, I don't think either realizes that the other is so close by!
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Other than the times Jax drives me nuts screaming to get out of the house to explore (which he is NOT allowed to do)... everything else with him is a joy...

~ the way he makes it a point to give me head bumpies when he sees me walk into a room no matter how much time has elapsed since the last time he saw me.
    ~ his tolerance for Noba
    ~ his undying affection for me
    ~ his clutziness... this cat is the most ungraceful cat I have met, and I have the vet bills to prove it.
    ~ the best part about him is the way he adapts to all the changes that occur in his life. He takes all the moving around (i'm in the military) with such ease, makes me realize he is the best cat in the world..
    ~ the way he wiggled into my heart from day one!