Thread: Saying goodbye... :( *pics*

Saying goodbye... :( *pics*

I recently posted about needing to rehome three of our cats - Trey, Jillian, and Callie. I have since located the perfect homes for the three and tonight, we took them and had to say our goodbyes.

The vet who used to care for Trey called us after I stopped in at the office looking for phone numbers. I never talked to the vet, so when he called asking us if he could take Trey, it was like a sign from God that it was meant to be. This man LOVES animals, obviously, and it's the perfect home for this little guy. Saying goodbye for my dad has been extremely rough because over the two years he has bonded so much with him. Trey is his little buddy who followed him around everywhere. But unfortunately, it wasn't working out with the house and him, and he was going to be so much happier in a home with him being the only cat.

I found a lady in the same town that works with the humane society who fosters cats and takes in strays/ferals for her house farm. The town is FULL of stray cats who need homes, and she takes these cats in and shows them love they never knew. I feel so blessed to have found Callie and Jillian such a perfect home where they will be SO much happier. They were used to being outdoors, and they so badly wanted to go outside at our house. Now, they can party all day and night with the animals on the horse farm.

Onto pictures...

A very close shot of Trey

Trey spent a lot of time in my dad's lap...

Boy, did he love his strokes...

And other times, he just liked being on his own but still near you...

**more pictures in the next post.**
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

a weird close-up of Jillian

Jillian was a rather lazy cat once she realized there was always space on the bed...

She LOVES her head scritches!

a close-up of Callie

This was pretty much Callie's spot - she much preferred this spot over any other... especially weird considering there were softer spots to lay

Showing off her prettiness

The girlies laying together on the bed.... what hams

**two goodbye pictures in the next post.**

{Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

I simply adore this picture. Shows the true beauty of Trey, but also shows the bond between my dad and him. I was so sad to leave Trey behind, only because I know how heartbroken my dad is. I'm so sorry, padre. Bye Treybie. I'll miss you and your vocals.

I took this picture in the car right before we took them to their new home. I'm gonna miss those girls. Bye Jillie, bye Cooster.

I hope and pray that these homes are as perfect as I imagine them to be. They seem God sent, and I believe everything will work out for the best.

{{{{hugs}}}}

They have wonderful homes...and I hope you get an update or two. You done good...as much as it hurts and is hard.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Awwww! What beautiful cats! I can't even imagine how hard it would be to say goodbye...but I'm sure they'll all be very happy in their new homes. Good luck to them. And to you too!

I'm sad for you and I'm happy for you. You did what's in the best interest of all concerned and that's a selfless thing. Bless you and your furkids in their wonderful new home where they'll be happy cats and your heart will be lighter because of it. Special candle lit for your dad.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Tough decision, glad you found places that "clicked" for you and their personalities!

And The Best Thing Is That You Went About This The Right Way And Got Your Cats As Good A Replacement Furr Ever Homes That You Could Find.
    Congratulations On Finding The Purrfect Place For Your Companions, And We Pray In Time You Will Be Able To Visit Them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry you had to let them go but it does sound like you found them good homes.

From Decker with Love

{{{HUGS}}} to you and your Dad.
    RIP 03-05-07 Ellie