Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uppydate on Jasmine...the Diabetic kitty*at the vets**final update*

Uppydate on Jasmine...the Diabetic kitty*at the vets**final update*

Hi all sorry I haven't updated yet has been a busy few days, but I hae a bit of time before the dentist so......................

Jasmine arrived fine on Monday, spent some time in Brians office at Delta, till we could pick her up.Brian said she was sweet and quiet and very relaxed while in with him, he let her out to use the "facilities" and fed and watered her she ate well so I guess she doesn't stress much from jetsetting!

She arrived home still calm, and I allowed her to take her time coming out of the crate, it didn't take her too long. She is a bit shy around the other cats and the birds yet and prefers to hide either in the cat tree holes or the bathtub. She will be seeing our vet on Friday, (and yes I know she just saw one but I always like to get my vet to get the paperwork and let me know if they are really doing ok) She is eating well but as of now is eating quarantined as the goblin and Woe are very happy to share but she is not! and being a bit thin she could use it nore than the tubby gremlins can!

I am sure she will setlle into the bustle of birds and Kitties and kids fairly quickly as she has a lot of interest in them but with Io gone she IS the oldest sister now!

Well thats it for now, will get pics up soon as I am able.

Kym
    Last edited by Dr.Goodnow; 11-19-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: reposting new update
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

Kym,

I'm so glad she made it there safe and sound. I hope she does put on more weight since I think Tonya said the vet weighed her in at 7.5

Thank you again for all your help in this,
    Melissa

Oh, this is great news. I'm so glad she is not at all stressed from traveling. I think she will adjust to your house quickly. (no, I'm not implying your house is stressful....)
    Can't wait to see pictures!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

So glad all went well with this baby's arrival.. Pics please when you have time.. Glad you are doing good & well too..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I am thrilled to hear she wasn't stressed to bad by that trip.. Keep us posted when she gets to your vet.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

THATS THE BEST POSSIBLE NEWS AS I HAVE READ SO MANY HORROR STORIES ABOUT TRAVELLING PETS. THAT GREAT THAT JASMINE HAS ARRIVED INTO HER NEW FURR EVER HOME AND WILL BE ABLE TO START HER NEW LIFE.
    BLESS YOU FOR TAKING HER IN.
    SCRAPPY 2 WANTS PHOTOS, PLEASE!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What good news! She apparently is a jet setter, eh? So glad she isn't stressed out. I'm sure she'll get a good report from your vet, too, and I'm anxious to see the pix.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Great news! **drums fingers on table, waiting for photos**

WELCOME HOME, JASMINE!!!!!

Love and blessings to the Goodnow family...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

No pics yet as Jassy is at the vets, her diabetes was not controlled and she began to crash, she is with Dr Pope and in good hands, her weight loss should have been a clue to her other vet (not placing blame on owner as she had not had a diabetic kitty before).

Jassy is on an IV drip and and is having blood tests done to regulate her issues, our goal now is to stabilize the diabetes before she comes home, PT prayers are greatly appreciated. I will if it isn't too graphic take some pics of her in the hospital, as they are a mile away I walk there twice a day to visit.

I am confident in Dr Pope, I have known him for years, and I am certain with some intensive treatment she will pull through, but it is a touch and go situation. I am glad I made the appt before it was needed, as he caught the signs of her crash during a routine exam.

For those of us (myself included ) that benoan our vet bills at times, this is what it is all about! a vet that sees what we don't she hadn't been here long enough and it could have been fatal.

Feeling like the worlds worst cat foster

Kym
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

All the changes and stress may have brought this on. The least change in routine gives my Dad trouble with controlling his diabetes.

Prayers for Jasmine that all settles down quickly!

It is a real blessing that the vet caught her condition and realized she was crashing. She is in good hands now and hopefully, she will bounce right back. Do keep us posted.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I've never had a diabetic cat, just one w/CRF and I know that stress can make Puddy crash, so I imagine that the same can occur w/diabetes. We'll send out mega prayers that all will be well for Jas and you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so glad the vet caught her "crash"!!!! Poor little thing. Glad to know that your vet was on top of things.... before he even knew this new little baby!

Please.... you are not a bad foster meowmy. In fact, you are a great one since you took her in for a check and you took her to somone who was able to catch her problem before it became too severe.

Many prayers coming from me and the girls in Indiana that all is well with Jasmine and she is in your loving arms again soon.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

You are not a terrible foster mother, Kym! Jasmine desperately needed a home and someone to love her, and who came to her rescue but you! And now that she's just arrived after a stressful trip, you took her to your wonderful vet who immediately picked up on the fact that she needed some extra special care. And now she is getting it, and we are adding our prayers to those of all the other PT folks that Jasmine recovers and is stabilized and comes home soon!

Love, purrs, and hugs,
    Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, Pat, and Priscilla Angel who is keeping Jasmine company at the hospital
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery