Thread: Question about rabbit cages.

Question about rabbit cages.

One of my coworkers recently adopted a rabbit from the humane society, I don't know what kind of cage set up she has as I haven't asked yet. However I have a very large super pet cage that we hardly used (we bought it back when we had rats, but they could slip through the bars) so I was thinking of offering it to her since it's just taking up storage space. However before I even offer I want to make sure that it would be suitable for a bunny. The cage looks similar to this one, except if I remember right our cage is bigger. I think it's almost 3 feet high, is that too high for a bunny? The shelves do not have holes in them like the one pictures. I think it has 4 ramps and 4 shelves. Do they like shelves?

I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Quote Originally Posted by Uabassoon
    One of my coworkers recently adopted a rabbit from the humane society, I don't know what kind of cage set up she has as I haven't asked yet. However I have a very large super pet cage that we hardly used (we bought it back when we had rats, but they could slip through the bars) so I was thinking of offering it to her since it's just taking up storage space. However before I even offer I want to make sure that it would be suitable for a bunny. The cage looks similar to this one, except if I remember right our cage is bigger. I think it's almost 3 feet high, is that too high for a bunny? The shelves do not have holes in them like the one pictures. I think it has 4 ramps and 4 shelves. Do they like shelves?

Looks good for a bunny - Miss Hoppy's hutch is actually a ferret cage, and she like having the two different levels. As long as she put something down over the wires so the bunny's feet had a place to rest NOT on wires, it looks great!

when I first adopeted Jupiter e went in the tamandua cage. he was "street bunny" So not expected and had no tamanduas yet, just planning too. He loved the shelves but only had it so he could get halfway up which is about 3 feet.

Thanks for letting me know that it would make a good bunny cage My coworker was happy when I asked her if she would like it. She currently has a very small cage so has bunny proofed her bedroom so that Trinket could be out of the cage any time she was home. But she was happy to accept the larger cage. I'm going to give it to her tomorrow at work. After pulling it out of storage the cage is smaller than I remember ( I think I was confusing it with the cage we replaced it with), but it still stands to my waist and is really wide with three shelves and ramps. I'm sure that Trinket will be happy with her new home
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Hee Hee - tie a bow on it, an it can be Trinket's present from Santa Laura!