Thread: Jerry broke his leg, he's been put to sleep.

Jerry broke his leg, he's been put to sleep.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while, I wouldn't be surprised if nobody remembers us. For those who don't know, Jerry was my horse.

I can't believe he's gone, it doesn't seem real.

The vet doesn't think he was kicked (he's a shetland). Looks like he was running about and just tripped. Vet said if the break'd been below the knee it could've probably been treated

I didn't even get to say goodbye. My mum signed the paper to have him put to sleep, (she's been doing the horses for me cause i'm on crutches and cant walk). Just been up to see him now. Everyone keeps telling me he looks peaceful, as if that's supposed to be some sort of comfort. He must've been in so much pain. He was only 14

Someone tell me it's not happening please?
    Amy & the furkids

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have two of my own and I can't imagine that. I lost my dog yesterday, so I know how you feel. It doesn't seem real yet. And it won't for some time. I'm so very sorry. It's somehow harder when they arent aged and they go suddenly, my girl was only 7 and it happened so fast. I'm sorry =(

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

14 is a pretty long life for a Shetland, I am sorry to hear of your loss. Picture him scampering in the meadows at The Rainbow Bridge, where he is whole and know he is no longer in pain.
    I've Been Frosted

I am very sorry for your loss. Time heals and you will, try to keep busy. such a shame, but he is not longer suffering.

14 is a pretty long life for a Shetland
    They can live into their 30's or even early 40's. He probably wasn't even middle aged.

He's gone, they just took him away to be cremated

I miss him so much already. He was such a good little horse, nothing like the image people have of a 'typical shetland'. He loved being driven and kept up with horses twice his size. And beat most of them in cone races too. I used to walk him round the village and all the locals knew his name, he loved all the fuss. I would tie him outside the shop while I went to buy ice creams, one for each of us. He'd eat his and pinch half of mine too. I remember taking him once to my Mum's house, he stood in the kitchen eating carrots I'd put a bale of straw at the front of his stable, and he'd put his front legs on it to look over the door

I never got a photo of either of the trophies we won together, and I don't know what happened to the rosettes. I should've taken better care of them I don't know what I did with his little shoe, he was only ever shod once, gave the farrier hell and lost one shoe within the hour, we never found it I hope i've still got the other somewhere.

I wanted to brush him, keep some of his fur - there's a lady that spins your pets fur into yarn and makes it into a teddy bear. It would've been nice to have a keepsake. But they've just been to take him away and I couldn't get there on my crutches. My mum went instead. Never got a chance to brush him. I should've said goodbye

I have a lock of his mane, his carriage, his little harness, his tiny rugs and brushes and little travel boots. I have hundreds of photos, and a couple of videos. I still have Juno and Rio.

And I just want him back. I love that little horse so much
    Amy & the furkids

I am so very sorry for your loss . I can feel the pain and heartbreak in your words . I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry you lost your sweet Jerry.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

These are the last decent pictures I took of him, maybe October/November time? He looks happy. I want to remember him like that

Amy & the furkids

What beautiful pictures of Jerry, Amy. He was such a cute and pretty little shetland. I love his mane and sweet face. Thank you so much for sharing them. My thoughts are with you as you grieve the loss of your very special friend
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

He was an adorable boy. I know how much you must miss him. I am so sorry for your loss, I truly do understand. It is so hard when you don't get to say goodbye, seems to make it so much worse somehow.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I am so sorry about Jerry. What a terrible accident. I hope you soon find comfort. Many {{{hugs}}} going out to you!

I'm so sorry about Jerry. He was so cute, I don't think I ever saw pictures of him before.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh my, what a huge loss... . Poor Jerry, he must have been in so much pain... . When I swa these pics you posted, I had instant LES ... .Jerry was such a "beautiful" horse ; Shetlands are in my opinion the most beautiful and sweet horses on earth!
    RIP sweet Jerry !!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I am so sorry.
    RIP Jerry you were a handsome little guy.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)