Thread: Rest In Peace Spunky

Rest In Peace Spunky

I knew he was getting old. I knew something was wrong but last time he got over it himself so I didn't worry. I should have though, I suppose he was to old to deal with it this time. He was almost three years old his birthday was just 5 months away and he would have been three. I have never had a hamster so close to their third birthday before. I have had Spunky for such a long time it feels like something from way back just died along with him. I am just completly lost with my Spunky Munky. And even saying or writing his name is making me cry. I miss him so much. <3 He had been 'sick' I guess for about a week but when he was younger whatever it was (it wasn't a tumor like the vet ahd said) he got over a little bit over a week pretty much all by himself. But I guess age was to much because yesterday he stopped drinking he would take water from my fingers, from his bottle, from a dish, or licking it off of some lettuce. I knew he had given up. He was always very clever I guess he knew it would end and he would be somewhere better all he had to do was give up.

When he was younger during his taming he knew how to get treats from my hand without letting me get close to him. Then later on he knew that face so perfectly that I would often give him more then one treat of some sort at a time. >.< And best of all he could open his habitrail doors. I had to wire them shut. Then eventually I moved him into a bin cage and later on an aquarium. He was always so clever hehe. He was always very sweet he never once hurt me. He let me hold him all of the time he let my little sisters hold him, he let my parents hold him, he let my friends hold him. Even my friend who is terrified of hamsters (bad childhood experience) loved Spunky. <3

Spunky I will miss you dearly my baby boy...my Spunky Munky. Rest In peace little guy and play hard at Rainbow Bridge.

I am sorry for the long post and if you read it all then thank you.

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters
    Midnight, Ginny, Kiona, & Eevie-Cats

I'm so sorry about Spunky. What a cutie, I'm sure your heart is broken. {hugs}
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thank you

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters

I'm so sorry to hear Spunky has passed away. He was of similar age of my Venny, so I feel like I can somewhat relate to how you feel.

The 7th picture you posted made me "awwww" out loud. I can easily see how you will miss that face.

Huge (((((hugs))))) and good vibes headed your way.

Thank you your post made me fell much better. I am also sorry about Venny

|Dashing Hamsters|

Slave To:
    Sam-Dog
    Lumiel-Hamsters