Thread: Pray for Athena

Pray for Athena

Athena is one of the cats I rescued from Bellefonte this past month that has worked her way into our hearts and we want to keep her but we are unsure at the moment. Here is my previous thread of her.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=139935

Athena has been sneezing (which is common it seems once we bring in a new cat into our household of 6 other cats) and now my husband said she sounds like she is wheezing and he also said he eyes are watery.

I gave her some antibiotics (I had them on hand from my last cat having this sneezing cold) for the past 7 days and nothing has changed. We were hoping she would get better which she did seem better on Saturday and now she doesn't.

My husband said when he touched her today she just cried. She has always meowed when we picked her up regardless and I did already have her at the vets for a check up prior to her getting sick.

I'm worried about her and she has a vet appt. tonight at 6:15 p.m. so please say a pray that this is just an URI and that's it.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh my what a pathetic look. Prayers on the way for Athena.
    Claudia

The Crew sends our prayers and hopes that every thing goes well.
    GILL & Crew;

We Are Praying For Athena, And The Pet Angel Visitor Squad Will Be There To Comfort Her, So Shes Not So Lonely.
    We Pray That Its Nothing Serious Now She Has Found A Furrever Home.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Well I'm glad I took Athena to the vets, she had a fever and the vet was able to give her some meds that will hopefully make her fever go down and make her feel better.

But she won't give any antibiotics because she said it's just a virus and they need to work it out.

So hopefully even though I did treat for her for 7 days of antibiotic she will start feeling better. I have another dose of meds that I will need to give her tomorrow night and then hopefully once her fever breaks she will start feeling better.

Thank you all for your prays. My other cats are now starting to sneeze. It's going to be a long month till everyone gets done sneezing.

Thanks,
    Melissa

Prayers for Athena to feel better soon. Prayers that the rest of the gang will not get sick.

Oh goodness, she looks like she really doesn't feel well at all. Athena's name is added to the list to pray for. Here's knowing that she'll feel better soon.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

It is so heart wrentching when one of our babies feels bad and there is nothing we can do to help them. Poor Athena, I hope you feel better soon!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Last year, Chestnut went through something similar; and I too took him in to the vet where the answer was 'virus' same as you! He was the only one to get that last year.

This year, I have some kitty cold going through the place. Not as serious as last year's, so I haven't been in to the vet with anyone as yet, but the sneezing! It seems to last 5 days this year. Vita is recovered, Chestnut is on day 4 and 2 others are just starting.

Praying that Athena feels well again really soon!

Athena is in my prayers. Hope she feels better soon!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Prayers for Athena and the rest of your cats!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

Well Athena is seeming a little better but she's still sneezing. Hermes my little sweet boy now has it. He was so miserable last night. Hopefully when my husband he's e-mail me and tell me he's doing better or another vet visit might be needed for him (he has Herpes so I don't want him getting worse).