Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 lil' kits found in an attic.....UPDATE POST #33-MORE PICS!!

3 lil' kits found in an attic.....UPDATE POST #33-MORE PICS!!

A lady called my rescue today saying her brother found 3 baby kittens in his attic. No sign of mama. I went and picked them up. They are about 3 wks old, as their teeth are starting to come in and they are very mobile. They won't eat from the bottle, so I am syringe feeding them until I can take them to the vet in the morning (they are closed on Wed). They are weazing a bit, so I am sure they will need meds. They did eat a little of the canned kitten food I offered them...or at least tried to! With out further ado....here they are. I have not named them yet, so suggestions are welcome.

Lil' Orange and White Boy

Lil' Grey with some Carmel Girl

Lil' Grey with some Carmel Girl (I think they are twins!)

Family photo (the lil' orange one keeps trying to nurse off his sisters, yet he won't take the bottle!)

I will update you all after I talk to the vet tomorrow.
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 04-19-2008 at 01:30 AM. Reason: add more pictures!!

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

They are absolute adorable. The orangie seems to be very vocal, Mouth, The two gray how about Smoke and Shadow.
    GILL & Crew;

Now what on earth are 3 three week old kittens doing in an attic, with OR without a mama cat??? Glad you were able to take them in, they sure are cute. And yes, MOUTH does look vocal, lol! Hi Smoke and Shadow! sending scritchies to all of you!

Name suggestions:

Conan for the red-headed boy (after Conan O'Brien, talk show host!)

Guinevere and Fiona for the grey girls?
    I've Been Frosted

Luciano, Aida, and Carmen? Whatever you end up naming them, they sure are sweet!

Love, Columbine

How about Cute, Cuter, Cutest? Names are totally interchangeable!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Name suggestions ... Jack, Janet, Chrissy (Three's Company) - boy am I showing my age here! The boy kitten is the most vocal ... Linus, Lucy and Sally? Whatever you name them, they are cute, cute, CUTE!

p.s., Reachoutrescue, if you need funds for baby kitten food and care -- just mew
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom
    Name suggestions ... Jack, Janet, Chrissy (Three's Company) - boy am I showing my age here! The boy kitten is the most vocal ... Linus, Lucy and Sally? Whatever you name them, they are cute, cute, CUTE!
    I think Linus, Lucy and Sally are perfect names!!! LOL
    I love Linus, he looks like my RB Charlie but only miniature.

When I hand raised kitties, one of the pairs was brother and sister, and the brother tried nursing from his sister, except he would nurse on her... ahem... girly parts. You can obviously see the problem with that. Talked to the vet about it and she just strongly advised keeping close supervision and stop the behavior if you see it happening. As long as he isn't sucking any urine or feces out of her and ingesting it it may not be as problematic as it was with my two.

facebook

Thank you everybody for all your nice comments and great name suggestions. I have chosen Karen's names...Conan, Guinevere and Fiona. I think they are all very strong names and these babies are fighters!!

Freedom...I am guessing they got in through an open window or some sort of vent...remember this is just what she is telling me, it may be the truth, it may not. I am just glad she called me!

Cassiesmom....I remember 3's company!! Shows my age too!! I already used names from Charlie Brown, but thank you.

Jessika....I am keeping a good eye on them. We had the same problem with some kits we rescued last spring, except it was 3 males suckling on one poor lil' girl.

I will post more picture in a day or two.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

They sure are adorable. I hope that they'll thrive in your care. Please continue to keep us updated about them.

Oh goodness, how adorable! I don't usually offer name suggestions because I like to let their personalities come out first, then choose a name. How sweet they are and how lucky that you were able to rescue them!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awww I have to agree that Fiona is a strong name. Especially since my one baby is named Fiona and FeFe for short.

Thank you for saving these 3 sweet babies.

Michael and Miquelito would LOVE if the Little Orange and White was named Mikey!!
    I wonder if the Mommas still around and was out hunting up food when the Kittens were found.
    They are all so cute and we pray that somewhere Our Good Lord has a Furr Ever Home for them somewhere.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Awee they are so Cute & Sweet.. Seems the names fit perfect.. I hope they get loving homes..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>