Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sigh. Look what just found me. *Update 11/8* post #58

Sigh. Look what just found me. *Update 11/8* post #58

My neighbor rang my doorbell and asked if I was missing an orange cat. Creamsicle was in the basement w/the rest of the Fur Posse because I'm still having work done on my house, so I knew she was safe. I walked over to his property and this sweet boy came trotting over to meet me. He's obviously not feral; he's way too friendly. My neighbor's wife fed him twice and he said "I hate cats! I don't want him around here. This is my domain. He'll pee on my firewood and then it'll stink when I burn it". I said "Ok, I get it. You don't like cats but you don't hurt them, do you?" He said "I've been known to kick cats". Can you believe he admitted that to me? I told him "I have a doll at home w/little pins and your name on it". He said "I'm totally protected". I said "You think so, huh?" (Listen to the crazy cat lady making threats to the ex-military guy.) So this little boy followed me home so easily that I was able to put him in my garage. I still have a dog house from my rescue days, so I made it up nice and cozy for him, fed him just a little and gave him some water and provided a litter box. I tried to take better pix but he won't stay still long enough to let me.

Dr. Lee is squeezing me in tomorrow. I'm having him tested and if he's clear, then I'm having him neutered. It's going to be an expense that I hadn't counted on, that's for sure. Problem is, after he's all done, then what? I can't keep him and I don't want my neighbor near him. My son will kill me if I take in another cat and, to be honest, I don't want another one. I've got too many expenses and w/Pidge sick, I have to make sure I have enough money set aside for her care. People make me sick sometimes. I've been calling him Buddy, just because he's become a little buddy already. I'll try to take better pix of him later, when he's groggy from his weeny whack.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Medusa; 11-08-2008 at 04:19 AM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I was thinking he might have been sent by Puddy?

Oh Buddy your so Adorable.. You look just like my Skid Mathius.. Now wittle boy you need to google eye Mary alot && then she will give in & keep you..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I PRAY THAT YOU CAN TAKE HIM IN, OR FIND THAT OWESOME ORANGE CAT A HOME.
    I STILL MISS ROADBLOCK, ORANGE BLOSSOM , ORANGIE AND THE ORANGESTER STRAY ORANGE CATS WHO NEVER GOT TO BE FOUND CATS.

HE LOOKS LIKE A GRETA CAT , BUDDY DOES.
    I NEVER ARGUE WITH JERKS LIKE YOUR NEIGHBOR.
    MY DEAR MOTHER SIAD ITS LIKE WRESTLING WITH A PIG, YOU BOTH GET DIRTY AND THE PIGS HAVING A GOOD TIME
    I CANNOT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO COMPASSION.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    I was thinking he might have been sent by Puddy?
    I know, I'm trying not to think that way. I honestly cannot afford another cat. I just can't. I'm calling out favors to my old rescue friends around here but, so far, no takers. I'm footing the bill for his tests, shots and neutering, if they'll just give him a home. It's supposed to snow this weekend and he was sitting in the middle of my neighbor's yard, just huddled there, poor boy.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    I PRAY THAT YOU CAN TAKE HIM IN, OR FIND THAT OWESOME ORANGE CAT A HOME.
    I STILL MISS ROADBLOCK, ORANGE BLOSSOM , ORANGIE AND THE ORANGESTER STRAY ORANGE CATS WHO NEVER GOT TO BE FOUND CATS.

HE LOOKS LIKE A GRETA CAT , BUDDY DOES.
    I NEVER ARGUE WITH JERKS LIKE YOUR NEIGHBOR.
    MY DEAR MOTHER SIAD ITS LIKE WRESTLING WITH A PIG, YOU BOTH GET DIRTY AND THE PIGS HAVING A GOOD TIME
    I CANNOT UNDERSTAND PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO COMPASSION.
    Oh, I'll foster him til I find him a home, Gary, no worries there. He's too friendly; there's no way I'm letting him back outdoors. This boy will get hurt. He's safe now until I can find him a home.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Your neighbor sounds like he needs the "weeny whack" procedure himself, lol.

He's gorgeous Mary! I love orange tabbies!

Zachariah, a fellow orange tabby, says Hi! and Welcome to Pt, Buddy!!

Looking at that picture of him again. Doesn't it look like he had been wearing a collar at one time?

Bet he was dumped by someone.

Looking at that picture of him again. Doesn't it look like he had been wearing a collar at one time?

Bet he was dumped by someone.
    Yes, it does look like a collar indentation. While he might have been dumped, he could also have slipped his collar and actually has a home. He looks to be in pretty good condition. I had a big orange ex-tom, dumped by neighbors, who used to slip his snap-collars all the time. I'm going to assume with all your experience that you will be posting "found cat" posters.

Your rescue friends shouldn't mind at least posting him for you. Within my rescue group, it's always a relief when a new rescue turns out to be a young, friendly marmalade boy because they are usually adopted within a week.

Glad you were there to whisk him away to a friendly foster place. Have you considered getting some skunk oil and sneaking it onto your neighbor's logs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
    Yes, it does look like a collar indentation. While he might have been dumped, he could also have slipped his collar and actually has a home. He looks to be in pretty good condition. I had a big orange ex-tom, dumped by neighbors, who used to slip his snap-collars all the time. I'm going to assume with all your experience that you will be posting "found cat" posters.

Your rescue friends shouldn't mind at least posting him for you. Within my rescue group, it's always a relief when a new rescue turns out to be a young, friendly marmalade boy because they are usually adopted within a week.

Glad you were there to whisk him away to a friendly foster place. Have you considered getting some skunk oil and sneaking it onto your neighbor's logs?
    Yes, I thought that perhaps he had a collar at one time. He's really healthy; no sneezing or coughing, no runny eyes, no dirty ears. He's a regular purr machine and love sponge. Whether he belongs to anyone or not, though, he's getting neutered. I don't want to see a bunch of orange babies running around, especially w/my redneck neighbor who kicks cats. I'm going to have them check, too, to see if he's microchipped but I doubt that because the houses that I think he may have come from are, well, never mind. I'm going to look for "lost cat" posters tomorrow and if no one comes forward, I'll make some and post them after he's home from being neutered. This couldn't come at a worse time. My house is all torn up because I'm having work done in my family room and the workers need the garage to set up and I can't bring Buddy in because of the Fur Posse.

I'm trying hard not to fall in love again but his purr is identical to Puddy's. She had a two-toned purr, a low rumble mixed w/a high pitched sound. It was really sweet and it makes me cry just thinking about it. I took a few more pix. I called my friend who is trying hard to stop rescuing. Her husband is having fits because they have 8 of their own and are fostering 8 more. Her daughters fell for Buddy instantly and he fell asleep in their laps. Adorable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0362.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	40735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0363.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	40736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM0364.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	40737  
    Blessings,
    Mary

Good news already!

One of my old rescue contacts told me to bring Buddy to their house and they would see to it that he gets all tests, shots and neutered for free. I can hardly believe it. These people have a fondness for orange cats and the pix did it. I'm taking him there tomorrow afternoon after I meet w/the workers here at my house. I feel better knowing that he'll get good vet care and I'll have extra money for Pidge in case I need it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

And will you get visitation privileges?

Wonderful news - that gorgeous creature just wants to love and be loved.

My goodness, you moved quickly!

He is quite handsome! Best wishes, dear boy.

And will you get visitation privileges?

Wonderful news - that gorgeous creature just wants to love and be loved.
    Well, they're going to do the tests, shots, worming, flea prevention and neutering. I'll get Buddy back after that unless his owner comes forward or he gets placed. I was just concerned about tomorrow because I have nowhere to put him after tonight. He can't come indoors because of the Fur Posse and I can't keep him in the garage because the workers will be there. This family will take excellent care of him. They have 6 of their own and they'll keep him in their garage until the rescue agency takes over. Then Buddy will go back to them for recuperation and then back to me unless, as I said, his owner comes forward or he gets placed. I'm already sad. I'm gonna miss him! I fell fast!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    My goodness, you moved quickly!

He is quite handsome! Best wishes, dear boy.
    Well, I just happened to hit the jackpot this time. He couldn't be in better hands, believe me.
    Blessings,
    Mary