Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many times have you been selected for jury duty?

How many times have you been selected for jury duty?

I get picked ALL the time! And always, of course, at the worst possible times!!

I'm only 25 and I've already been selected more than my parents put together! So far, this is the 4th time I've been called- and it falls right on my vacation time. I asked for a postponement so hopefully they will give it to me!

Does anyone else get selected a lot? Is the process purely random, or do they just like to bug some folks more than others??

How many times have you been called for jury duty?

i would soooo love to be called, but so far i haven't.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Once but I got out of it as Katie had just been born and I threatened to take her with me and breastfeed in the courtroom Funnily enough - they weren't keen on that idea
    Last edited by Pawsitive Thinking; 06-05-2008 at 10:20 AM.
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I've been called three times. The first time, when I was in my early 20's I did serve on two juries (civil - not criminal.) Last year I was called and then selected for a very gruesome murder trial. But, as I am self-employed and the trial was anticipated to last 6 - 8 weeks I was excused.

I don't want to jinx myself, but I've been called twice in my 35 years. The first time I was barely 20 years old. My boss at the time wrote a note stating I would not get paid, and I lived on my own and was going to school. So I got a hardship on that one.
    The second one was about 6 years ago and I had to go. They were calling the last group of the day and of course they called my name.
    It was so late in the day that we had to come back the next day. Luckily I got out of it. The defense attorney dismissed me.

Good luck, I hope you get the postponement.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Never... and I'm 23 years old.. almost 24.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

About 4 or 5 times and I am 47, I served on a 2 week trial once.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I'm 32 and I've never been called (knock on wood)
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I've gotten the notification a couple of times. I'm instructed to call in every night to see if my group needs to report to the courthouse. I've never been called to serve.

Bobcat has been on several juries. Once he even had to be foreman. He hated it! He asked the judge a question (can't remember what it was) and the judge declared a mistrial!
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have always wanted to actually be a juror. I have been called so many times I have lost track, basically every three years since I was in college. I want to be a juror, to participate in this country's justice system in a meaningful way ...

but I never have. I go every single time, show up, listen to the speech, and sit and wait. Only once has my group actually been called, and I got to sit in the jury chair for about ten seconds. They threw me off the jury second, just after the guy with a leather jacket and studs. Sigh.

Maybe next time!
    I've Been Frosted

I have never been called, and it is very unlikely I would ever be selected to sit, if I were called.

Jury service is what keeps things moving! I wish MORE 'normal' people would sit on a jury, and not seek to be excused. That leaves us with a less than typical selection of the general population.

I sat on a jury in a criminal trial once, soon after I graduated with a degree in criminal justice. I found it fascinating at the time. I have gotten notices three times since then that I had to report for jury duty, but have never had to sit through the selection process, because either they already had a jury seated before my group or they came to an agreement before jury selection started. However, because of where I work it is rather unlikely that I will sit on a jury until after I retire.

However, Jill, you sound like my father. He is called for jury duty every two years (by the county one year then the State the next year then a year off before the county can call him again). He has even twice moved to a different State and still gets called all of the time.

When I lived in Boston I was called up frequently and served twice. Once on a murder case. the jury was taken by bus to the scene.

Since moving to RI, never; I don't think RI calls lawyers. Obviously Mass DOES.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I've been called for the fourth time to appear this coming Monday. Because I work in the legal profession, they rarely want me because I know too many people in the court system and the legal profession in general which can be prejudicial to a case. It's all part of our judicial system which I work in and I am willing to serve. It's all part of being an American citizen and I'm happy to oblige.

Those who died for our freedom may have found it "inconvenient" to serve when they were called to duty. It's the least I can do to show up for jury duty when called.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I'm 34, will be 35 in December and I have never once been called for jury duty. And seeing I am not an italian citizen as of yet I won't be called here either. Not for awhile yet anyway.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica