Thread: Can June (foster dog) please have some prayers?

Can June (foster dog) please have some prayers?

June is one of my current foster dogs, I think she is possibly a lab/pitt mix. The first time I met her in Animal Control I knew she would make someone a great dog but I wasn't able to take her at that time due to money and space issues. When I went back a second time to pull a pointer mix for a friend I knew that if she was there I wouldn't be able to leave her behind again so when I saw her I pulled her with the hope of finding her a forever home.

Unfortunitly when I took her to my vet to get her shots and a wellness check up she not only was diagnosed with Heartworms but also with a heart murmor. My vet told me that because of the heart murmor she had little chance of being able to go through the treatment and that I should just take her home and make her comfortable for her last month or two. The news broke my heart. June is simply the sweetest, most loving dog in the world. She begs for someone to pet her all the time and lives for someone to tell her she is a good dog. It simply wasn't fare that this sweet, loving dog was going to die just because someone didn't give her a simple pill once a month.

Well, with some pushing from my boss Casey I took her to a diffrent vet for a second opionin and low and behold the second vet said she could not find even a trace of a heart murmor!! I'm so thrilled!! We've already done blood work and as far as that goes everything looks good! I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have hope again for this girl! If we can get the funds together we should be begining treatment (starting off with a chest x-ray to double check on her heart) in about a week!!!

I've included a picture of her and two video links, just take a look at how sweet this girl is, she will have NO problem finding a home after her treatment is up. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers, it's going to be a long, hard process for her but I know she will apreciate it when she is well again!

Playing with her favorite toy!
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...Bootsie003.flv

This one cracks me up, at the start of the video you will see her just standing there wagging her tail, she is ALWAYS like that. No one can be petting her and she will still just stand there, tail wagging happy as can be!
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h5...Bootsie027.flv

Thanks everyone!

Ashley

Many prayers that June will be able to have the treatments and do well with them.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

In the first vid, she looks SO gentle when she is playing, and doesn't even mind the other dog joining in. And in the second, well, that tail wag said, "I have a toy, who wants to play with me?" Prayers she comes through the treatment fine!

Aweee... what a sweet face!! Will definitely keep her in my thoughts and prayers that she does well!!

What a beautiful, gentle girl! Good thoughts for a successful treatment!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

What a sweetie! Of course we'll keep her in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Aaaaww she is lovely - bless you for helping her
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Good vibes headed that way for pretty Miss June.

She looks like an amazing dog, and you are right, she will make a perfect companion to some lucky person. I love how her tail is always going and going. Thanks for helping her out, she will be in my thoughts during the treatment!

Thanks everyone! June is an AMAZING dog!

Getting donations in order to help cover her cost is going pretty slow so it seems like we may have to push treatment back another week. Her vet said it would be fine and while we are waiting I'm getting another credit card to help pay for some of it. Keep all fingers and paws crossed treatment starts soon and goes well! I will keep you guys updated.

Ashley