Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Halloween of my Life

Worst Halloween of my Life

Today, I was passing out candy to all the children who came to my door. This lasted from about 6:30 to 8:30. Once I was done, I went into the garage to see Hercules, because I hadn't seen him all day. I went into the garage and he was no where to be found. My mom and I searched for fifteen minutes before we found him hiding under a piece of furniture. When I picked him up, I immediately knew something was wrong. He was very limp and his breathing was labored. My mom and I took one look at each other and rushed to the car to rush him to the emergency vet. We arrived at the clinic and they immediately put him on oxygen. He wasn't breathing and his gums were turning blue. We then sat and waited. After about 45 minutes, the vet came in and said that he was calming down a little bit with the oxygen. They then came in and presented us with a list of things they wanted to test him for. For instance, FIV (which I knew he was negative because he was already tested), cancer, heart worms, cardiomyopathy, etc. We asked to look at him before making any decisions, and when I went back and saw him in the cage I burst into tears. He looked so horrible. He couldn't breathe and he was crying and vomiting. He looked so scared. My mom and I had decided to try a high dose of antibiotics, steroids, and epinephrine. Just as we decided what to do, he went into cardiac arrest. The vet's asked us if we wanted to intervene, we looked at each other and decided no. Hercules died tonight at 11:30 pm on 11-31-08. This happened out of no where. He was healthy and running around yesterday and gone today. He was only four years old. My family and I are absolutely devastated. He was so beautiful and so sweet. He was our little baby.
    Sincerely,
    Kat

Rest in Peace Baby, Hercules, and Sydney - If love could have saved you, you both would have lived forever!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~Ghandi

I'VE BEEN BOO'D!

That truely is the suck. Its probably better you let Hercules pass on rather then have him suffer, Ild do the same for Erp or Dana 300 my cat the parents addopted.

My NC cats, Cineli and La Vie Clare, the dog cats. Clare jumped into the side of a truck and Cineli up and died the night before I got to NC for Xmass. Clare was wasnt even 2 and Cineli was 10, brother and sister.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Oh no, I'm so sorry.... Poor Hercules, he must have been so scared...
    It was a good decision to let him go when his heart told you it was enough... . It was a brave thing to do

Rest in peace dear Hercules!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

OMG, this is terrible! I'm so sorry!!

I think you made the right decision, he sounded terribly ill, whatever it was! Poor baby!

RIP, little Hercules!

Kirsten

I am so sorry. Poor little Hercules. At least you found him and gave him some love before he left for the bridge. He will be waiting there for you.

Many, many (((HUGS))) coming your way.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Katherine, I'm so sorry about Hercules. It's always so painful to lose a fur child but when it's unexpected and you have to make a quick decision, it's especially raw. You did the right thing, though, and Hercules is now breathing easily and is at peace. I do hope you're able to find peace soon.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

How scary. I am os sorry to read that you and dear Hercules went through all this. It does sound like you made the selfless decision and did what was best for him.

RIP sweet Hercules.

{{HUGS}} to you and your family.

Oh my gosh... Poor Hercules!

Do you think, and this sounds horrible, but do you think he was poisoned?? With those symptoms (and unfortunately with it being Halloween), do you think someone may have done that???

Rest in Peace beautiful Hercules.

Hugs to you Katherine.

OMG, I am so sorry this happened to you. Hercules was a gorgeous cat. RIP handsome boy. (((hugs)))

Oh, KK...

I am SO sorry for the loss of Hercules. Devastating, heartbreaking...he was just too young...I hope Hercules knew you and your mom were there, even for a moment.

Sending you all the hugs I can.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry. Such a horrible shock!

Rest gently, handsome Hercules. Watch over your family from the Bridge.

Rest in peace, little boy.

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you.

I'm SO sorry to hear of Hercules' passing. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

RIP sweet Hercules.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Unhappy

What a shock!!! Sleep softly, dear Hercules....he knows how hard this is for you...
    Nine is Fine!!

I'm so sorry. How absolutely heartbreaking, much too young.

Rest in Peace sweet Hercules.

From Decker with Love