Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet Apollo - Cutie Warning :)!

Meet Apollo - Cutie Warning :)!

Hi All-

On Friday, Aug. 7th I went to pick up this little guy. A lady found him on her driveway and she almost ran him over because he's so little. She mentioned his paw was bent and I asked her if she took him to the vets to get him checked out and she told me she really couldn't afford to take him to the vets and she was offerering him for free.

I told her I would take him and get him vet checked and find him a great home.

So on Friday after work I went to pick up this little guy and boy is he a cutie. We are calling him Apollo and he was at the vets on Saturday and tested negative for FIV/FELV. The vet said she isn't able to x-ray him just yet because of his size and he's done growing yet.

The vet said it appears his wrist is bent but she was able to put it straight but it went right back to being bent. It doesn't seem to bother him so we are just watching it for right now.

Apollo also has a bacteria infection which he's on antibotics for at the moment.

I think he has another day of it if that. He goes back to the vets on Wed. Aug. 19th to get his first set of vaccines and they are going to check out his paw again.

I'm going to attach several photos because he's just too cute. My husband and I already have 9 cats so it looks like we will just have to foster this cutie for now. I'd love to keep him since I'm in love with him already but 10 cats seems like a bit too much especially in our tiny place right now.

Anyway, here is the what you have been waiting for pictures of Apollo Enjoy!

Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (4).jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	43392   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (14).jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	43393   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Apollo August 8 2009 (5).jpg 
Views:	401 
Size:	781.9 KB 
ID:	43394   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (13).jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	43395   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (26).jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	43396  

Mores Pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (10).jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	43397   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (31).jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	43398   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (18).jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	43399   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (59).jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	43400   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	August 11 2009 (56).jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	43401  

OMG, he is adorable!!
    I wish I would have gotten a picture of my sisters cat while I was there. She has an orangie who has a deformed right front leg JUST like Apollo's! This is exactly what Little Man looked like when my sister saved him from being PTS at the vet she worked at when she first moved to Oregon. I'll have to see if my sis can send me any pics of her guy so you can see how similar they are.

Enjoy your time with this little cutie. It will be so hard to let him go when you find him a home.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh my goodness! He is adorable!
    Please kiss his little bent pawsies for me. Does he walk okay? I'm in love!
    Claudia

Aweee WoW he is such a Cutie Pie.. He looks to have been born with that paw that way.. It was prob turned that way in his mother's womb & could not ever straighten.. He looks to be getting around fine..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

What a sweet little boy- and he looks as if he is enjoying himself just like any kitten should

He is adorable!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, what an owesome orangie!!! I'm in love!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by lvpets2002 View Post
    Aweee WoW he is such a Cutie Pie.. He looks to have been born with that paw that way.. It was prob turned that way in his mother's womb & could not ever straighten.. He looks to be getting around fine..
    I'd have to say you are correct. My sisters cat gets around just fine. He runs and plays just like any other kitty.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Don't worry Apollo gets around just fine.

The only I noticed last night is his elbow where he does the most running is getting pretty red. He's in the bathroom during the day time but when we get home we usually let him out to play with the other cats.

He's such a love bug.

Yes, he looks like a real sweetie. So strange about the paw issue. What do your other cats think of him?

what a cutie. And well to my world we had a limit of 6, then 12 then 14 and now 16.
    GILL & Crew;

Oh goodness, he's a cutie alright. That paw appears to be a birth defect or, as someone mentioned, it may have turned that way in the womb. It almost looks as though it grew larger than the rest of his leg. Whatever the case, he's adorable! Lucky little guy that you took him in. Bless you.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Awww!
    What a Little Treasure!
    The Found Cats , especially Michael the Dream Cat and A Certain Little Orange Lion Miquelito say send him on!
    And the Other Found Cats all agree Apollo would make a Wonderous Found Cat!!!
    Hes a WINNER!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What an adorable little fellow!

He reminds me some of my little orange girl Sparkler (see below), whose BACK legs are both cockeyed. She zips around just fine, though.

If Apollo's elbow is getting red, he might be wearing his fur down so his skin develops a sore, which could lead to infection. (Could that be the source of the bacteria infection he has now?) You might want to ask your vet about it before she sees him again next week.

I had to keep an eye on Sparkler's legs for a while in case that might happen where she walks on the whole lower halves of her back legs. When I adopted her, her foster mom even gave me baby socks for her legs! (Which I tried on her and she got right off, of course.) Fortunately, that hasn't happened.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery