Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you start showing?

When did you start showing?

Just curious...

For those of you who are pregnant, or have been pregnant in the past, when did it become clearly visible to others that you are pregnant?

I'm 24 weeks pregnant now, and totally feel pregnant myself (because I can tell my stomach is growing and can feel my little one squirming inside), but when I tell others I am pregnant, they still get surprised and say they can't tell. Just wondering when you all really started showing.

You will be amazed how quickly you can go from not really looking pregnant to having people coming up to pat your tummy. It can seriously happen over night I can't remember exactly when I started showing but now you have me curious so I will dig up my old belly pictures!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    Just curious...

For those of you who are pregnant, or have been pregnant in the past, when did it become clearly visible to others that you are pregnant?

I'm 24 weeks pregnant now, and totally feel pregnant myself (because I can tell my stomach is growing and can feel my little one squirming inside), but when I tell others I am pregnant, they still get surprised and say they can't tell. Just wondering when you all really started showing.
    Everyone is different. With my 2nd pregnancy, when I was 5 months I looked as big as some others that were getting ready to deliver! By the time I did deliver - I looked like I was carrying around a watermelon. And "way back then" - the maternity clothes were always loose fitting - not like the clingy clothes you pregnant girls wear today. Even with the loose tops - they were stretching tight across my watermelon - and I'm not a big person either!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh yes with my second baby I looked like a blimp from about day 1 My pants were feeling snug before I even found out I was pregnant.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I felt bigger right away, and I bought new pants at around 10 weeks because my regular ones just seemed uncomfortable. However, other people couldn't tell till later...maybe around 20 weeks I was big enough so I looked pregnant to most others (except the unobservant). I know between 24-28 weeks I got significantly larger and the third trimester I was big enough to feel pretty uncomfortable.

I "popped" at 21 weeks. Now at 24 weeks I look like I swallowed a basketball It did get MUCH larger overnight. I could not believe it.

My first comment was at 20 weeks.. Now everyone feels the need to touch and ask questions But I am so proud, I dont mind too much

DONT WORRY! It will come soon, and then you will wish you could tie your shoes without having to breath deeply afterwards

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

I was 8 1/2 months and people still couldn't tell....
    Or when I told them how far along I was, they wouldn't believe me or thought I was mistaken.

I haven't even gotten any maternity outfits yet. I did go to several maternity stores and tried on some outfits, but I'm just not large enough for them yet. I can still tie my shoes and see my feet with no problem, and although some of my clothes feel somewhat tight around the waist now, I still fit into pretty much all of them.

I heard that your shoes get tight during pregnancy too. Did any of you experience that? I haven't noticed a difference yet.

You should have seen me when I was pregnant with my twins! .. that was the look I got when I left the house () so I quit going anywhere. Just picture 2 toothpicks, stuck in a pumpkin... the toothpicks were legs, the pumpkin the rest of me.. I think that was about in my 5th month on til delivery. 4 months my clothes were tight.. 5th month, I was getting that look..

I was about 110 pounds before pregnant, gained about 45 pounds. (ALL in the stomack) and had 12 pounds worth of babies.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    I heard that your shoes get tight during pregnancy too. Did any of you experience that? I haven't noticed a difference yet.
    My feet swelled HUGE in the last month, but were normal until that point. I lived in flip flops because that was all I could get my feet in and even those were tight.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

My first pregnancy, I could tell a difference in the 4th or 5th month, but people who didn't know me well really couldn't. I think I was probably close to 6 months before I really looked pregnant. My feet started swelling in the 8th or 9th month--just miserable. My second pregnancy, I started showing much sooner, but I didn't have the foot swelling issue too much. I could still wear my regular sandals. My first was a girl, and my second a boy, if that makes any difference at all.

I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and to those that don't know can't tell. I still don't really have much of a pregnant belly, just looks like I ate too much. I am in maternity clothes though since my pants were too uncomfortable and dug into me.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I showed by my 4th month, to others.

I wore work looking flip flops the entire summer, I had barely discernible sausages on the ends of my feet, and 'cankles' (no ankle/calf distinction).

I swelled in my wrists and had to have injections to calm the nerves in my wrists.

I nearly rolled into court the Friday before I delivered (on a Tuesday).

Now, I am just fat. At least I had an excuse for it back then.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I was between 5 and 6 months, I think, when I started to really show. It was pretty obvious when I did, because I only carried the weight in my tummy. From the back, I actually looked thinner than before I got pregnant! I didn't have the little back rolls I've had for years (I still don't, yay!). My butt got smaller, too. When I was ready to deliver, I looked like I had a bowling or basketball in my shirt. Everyone is so different, though, and even the same woman can look totally different with each pregnancy, it's neat!

I never really had swelling in my feet until after Clara was born. Then it was like, wow! I have sausage toes. They felt very strange, I've never had a problem with water retention before, so it was a new sensation. I drank twice as much water as usual to help ease it because it honestly grossed me out!

I didn't buy any maternity clothes. I used a band around my waist to cover my unbuttoned/zipped pants. My mother had bought me a few items, but I never got big enough in the bust to wear the shirts she bought (luckily she got them on super clearance, so I didn't feel badly for not getting to wear them). I did wear three pairs of pants that she'd bought, and still do actually, because they're cute and comfy.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I was quite thin when I became pregnant (usually the thinner you are, the earlier you show) but people didn't start to notice I was pregnant until I was about 8.5 months along (and I never did "pop," it was very gradual), and even then my friends all told me that it just looked like I had gained some belly fat -- I didn't actually look pregnant. So don't be surprised if no one notices for months. I was extremely grateful for it -- now that everyone can tell, I can't go anywhere in public without people talking to me and asking me about it (and I'm a shy person so I hate this). Or random people will come up to me in public and rub my belly. I don't mind if they ask (I think it's really sweet when men walk up to me and ask if they can put their hands on my belly), but some people just walk right up to you and rub you without even asking, it's really annoying. So be thankful!! lol. And the less you show, the less stretch marks you might get.
    I've been BOO'd!