Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sebastian - *No Dental Today-High Kidney Level*Crystals, High pH* Re-Check *UPDATE*

Sebastian - *No Dental Today-High Kidney Level*Crystals, High pH* Re-Check *UPDATE*

Please say a pray for Sebastian, he's going in for his dental cleaning and he may have to have a few teeth pulled.

Our Sebass is 7 years old soon to be 8 in March.

Thanks,
    Melissa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oct 10-11 2009 (4).jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	44604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid August 2009 (37).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	23.5 KB 
ID:	44605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Early Sept 2009 (29).jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	44606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mid July 2009 056.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	44607  
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 01-12-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Sebastian, what a handsome dude! I'm sure you'll sail through your dental work w/no problems at all. Here's a candle for you:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/...ng&cid=9870413
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you Mary.

Sebass is at the vets. I had him at work with me from 6 a.m. till 8:30 ish and he was able to walk around the office and he liked that but he hated to be stuck in his cat carrier.

When I hear back from the vets I'll update more.

Melissa

I just heard back from the vets about 1/2 hr ago and the vet informed me that one of Sebastian's kidney levels are high.

She said she doesn't want to put him under today. She is going to give him an antibotic I believe and we are going to put him on special food for his kidneys and then she is trying to get a urine sample from him today if possible.

I'm so worried now. I already owe the vets over $1,000 and now this. I just wanted him to have a dental done and that was it. I'm so worried that what if something is seriously wrong.

Please say a pray for our Sebastian.

Melissa

Prayers on the way for the poor boy!
    I've Been Frosted

Ohh Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear about Sebastian. You and Sebastian will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm also going to light a candle. I pray that Sebastian will spring back.

Donna and fur crew

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh dear, well, let's just hope that it'll all turn around and won't be anything that can't be handled easily. Prayers on the way.....Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers for your dear Sebastian. I do hope it is nothing serious and can be fixed quickly and cheaply!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Prayers for poor Sebastian!! Let us know!!
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Sebastien is in our prayers.
    Michael and Joseph have had several dentals and My Princess may have to go in to have her remaing teeth removed.
    Thats a delicate procedure and we are sorry that its so costly for you.
    But Sebastiens a good Friend and we Pet Talker will scrimp to see Our Friends are well.
    Prayers for You Sebastien from The Found Hotel Cats Porch Cats and Our Awesome Angels sunning it up in the Caribbean on Cat Island.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry to hear this. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way. He sure is a very handsome boy and he reminds me of my Storm.

Thank you all for your prays for Sebastian. Sorry I haven't updated this till now but things here have been crazy.

On Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2009 Sebastian stayed at the vets till about 7 p.m. They were hoping he would pee for them so they could look at his urine but he didn't give them any. They did try to get some from him but he didn't cooperate with them so they decided not to stress him out.

I figured bringing him back home for the night he would feel more comfortable than siting in a cage. Once we got him home we fed him and gave him some water thinking that would help him want to go to the bathroom.

Well by 6:30 a.m. on Thursday still no pee from Sebass. I tried to get him to go by putting a little litter in the box and then I'd lift his tail trying to get his pee into a cup. Well he started but as soon as I touched his tail he stopped peeing. So after about 3 hours I tried to do the same thing again and it worked

I took the pee sample to the vets and they found Struvite crystals in his pee and his pH was 8.8 but his Spec. Grav. was 71.040 which is good because that means his kidneys are concentrating his urine so that means there shouldn't be a problem with his kidneys but he could have a bacteria infection and that would explain the high pH and that's probably why his kidney level which was the Crea. 3.1 and the average range is 0.8-2.4

So after testing his pee the vet put him on C/D food and she wants to retest his blood again in 2 weeks along with his pee. Hopefully his pH will be down and the Crea. kidney level will be down and then we can get his dental done.

All I wanted this past Wednesday was to have his dental done but now between the blood test, urinalysis test, and the Convenia 10 ml they gave him on Wed. and Thursday, oh and not to mention we had to have him in there on Monday for an annual exam so they could re-check his teeth. They also gave him FVRCP+Ch 1 year and Rabies so his total visit for Monday was $57.00, then on Wed. for the blood test it was $45.25, then Thursday it was $56.50. So the grand total in just a few days was 158.75 for just the vet and the cost for the food for him was $20.07.

Then in 2 weeks we will spend another $100 approx on getting his blood re-checked, vet visit, and another re-test of his pee.

I'm just hoping the levels go down in 2 weeks.

Thank you all again for your prays.

Melissa

Good news on Sebastien. Wishing you and all your kitties a healthy New Year.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers going up that Sebastian will continue to improve......
    Blessings,
    Mary

Hopefully the C/D food will fix things. 6 of my cats have to be on that food also for high Ph and crystals. Since switching them to that food, I've only had one get a UTI since, which easily cleared up with a round of antibiotics.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022