Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A bit shocking but funny

A bit shocking but funny

So yesterday was my day off and daughter and I spent the first part of the day doing yard work. Got a lot done, even cleaned out the garage.
    We took showers and decided to head to this huge candy store in Brooklyn, we got there about 5:30. Got stuck in rush hour, bumper to bumper on our way there.
    As we are sitting in traffic talking and laughing daughter notices three nuns sitting in the car next to us. All dour face and serious, past middle aged, about 70 something.
    She turns to me and says. "I don't think it would be fun being a nun, can't imagine a life like that"
    I say " Can't have sex" We both laugh, grow silent, look at each other and laugh some more.
    We try to imagine that life and fail miserbly.
    I look at my daughter and say. What if we flash them ?
    She was driving and couldn't and I didn't want to do it and send them into shock and kill them. LOL
    They would have to forgive us.... It's their law isn't it?
    We were laughing so hard I thought we would both pass out. Thank goodness we were in that traffic jam and weren't moving.
    Yea it's a bit bad, but it is also so funny.
    Because they are nuns they have to forgive BUT could they forget?

What has been seen cant be unseen.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

The three of them might have just come from comforting a family after a horrendous tragedy. Maybe that is why they looked so serious...

Forgiveness is required if the offender asks for it...that is, if they are actually sorry for the stupid thing they did.

ETA: Would you be sorry?
    Last edited by Catty1; 10-02-2010 at 12:36 AM.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

This was "funny" ??

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

This was "funny" ??

George Carlin would make it funnay!
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

yeah I don't see the humor in it either. Just because you can't imagine a celibate life doesn't mean they are burdened by it. Flashing them just because you think they would have to forgive you just sounds like you were wanting to take a cheap shot. It would be like me dramatically and thoroughly enjoying a big bacon cheeseburger in front of a vegan just to spite them.

Why would a naked middle aged women be something to show a nun?
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Once again, I just don't get your sense of humor. At least this time you put this in the Dog House.

Quote Originally Posted by Marigold2 View Post
    I didn't want to do it and send them into shock and kill them. LOL

They would have to forgive us.... It's their law isn't it?
    Maybe they would have laughed themselves to death after seeing your body?

I'm sure they'd forgive you for being so silly.

I'm Catholic and am gonna forgive you for posting something so ignorant.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Speaking of nuns.... When my son was in college, my (then) husband, son and I were flying to CA for vacation and to visit family. Two of us got moved up to first class seating so my son said "You two go ahead. I'll stay back here". We both knew my son's sense of humor and thought "Ruh roh!" but we decided to go ahead w/it. My son was seated next to a nun and we'd both look back periodically and all was well. My son was wearing his ear buds and crazy sun glasses and he was mercifully leaving the nun alone. A little while later when I looked back again, the nun was wearing the far out sun glasses and his ear buds and she was rockin' to the music, head bobbing up and down! My son cracked jokes for the rest of the flight and the nun just loved him and she wasn't that young either. So don't judge someone by their garb, Monica, or even their facial expression. As Catty1 said, they could've been just coming back from comforting someone or maybe they had just heard of a tragedy. We just never know.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Chocolatepuppy,

I feel sad for you. No wonder I don't post much anymore.
    That's ridiculous. She has every right to post her opinion and she did not do so in a way that had personal attacks.

I was raised Catholic and I can tell you that the old stereotypes of priests and nuns are usually far, far from reality. They're human beings just like anyone else who laugh and cry, feel anger and sadness, have strengths and weaknesses. People seem to particularly like to mock nuns, and old Hollywood portrayals don't help. One of my family's best friends when I was a kid was our church's nun. She had us over for dinner, watched movies, laughed at jokes, just like anyone else. The local bishop where I used to live in Minnesota had a beautiful borzoi that he walked every day and loved to answer questions and talk about the dog to anyone who stopped and asked. The butt of the whole joke here was simply because these women were nuns who "can't have sex."

I can tell you, too, why sometimes elderly people in particular may look "dour." Working in the medical field, they often are plagued with a lot of different pains and health issues that they deal with every day. They've often lost a lot of close friends and family who have passed before them. My grandma is in that situation. She's in her 80s now and all her closest friends have passed away from one thing or another, including my step-grandfather.

Nuns are often very remarkable women who give and sacrifice much to help and serve God and the community. It'd be nice if that was the first thing people thought of when seeing a nun, rather than that vow of celibacy.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post

This was "funny" ??

To the 12 yr old mind maybe.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This is just one of those "you had to be there" moments. I think it's great her and her daughter can laugh and joke about something having to do with sex. I can hardly even say the word sex around my mom. LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    This is just one of those "you had to be there" moments. I think it's great her and her daughter can laugh and joke about something having to do with sex. I can hardly even say the word sex around my mom. LOL
    You got it. No we didn't flash them and would not have because we were in a traffic jam not moving, cars all around us, not just nuns but grown men and mom's with kids etc.
    It was the thought and the jokes that followed. Like an SNL skit.
    If you find Kathy Griffen funny you would get my humor. I can see the funny in just about anything. It is what makes life joyous in hard times to know life goes on in the darkest moments there is still joy and laughter to be had.
    Many people don't want crying at their funeral, they want song and dance and jokes a celebration of life.
    And yes they could have been coming from a hospital with a loved one dying and the thought of being flashed then might have sent them into peals of laughter, certaintly taken their minds of off the tragic for a minute.
    Do I have the humor of a kid, uou bet I do. And I hope to never lose that pie in the face, falling down, fart sound in the elevator mind set ever.