Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frost

Frost

Just curious, we have not had a heavy frost yet, we sometimes have had one by now, but it has not yet gotten that cold. We finally had sun this afternoon after a week of rain off and on, so without the cloud cover tonight will be cool, but not freezing.

If you've had frost already, tell us where you live and when! And I promise I'll update when we get a good frost - I look forward to it, as it cuts way down on the pollen!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    We had frost October 3,4,& 5th. It froze the water in the bird bath & there was frost on the windshield of the car & truck. The leaves are really falling off the trees too.

No frost yet but temps have gone down to the mid 30s F overnight a couple of nights this week. I'm with Karen ... frost equals less problem with allergies! Today was a lovely fall day, sunny and low 70s F.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Me no likey frost. It means cold and that means pain for me. Fortunately, no frost here in my part of Ohio yet.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

We have had frost and snow in September. Now we're having Indian Summer in October.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Not yet, but soon I can feel it. I love the winter months, I know I know I am an odd bird.

We are having a heavenly few days in the 70s, maybe even a bit more! This will be heading your way in the next day or two, Karen.

Frost, you would have to mention that, GRRRRR. Because that will be shortly behind the lovely Native-American Summer or whatever we're having for these couple of days.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Not yet, which is unusual. Not that I'm complaining!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

No frost yet, but temps are very weird this year. One day they are high above the normal temps, and the next day it's like november wheather. One-two weeks ago, I had to turn the heating on, and it was almost freezing at night. Last week we had a single warm day (around 80), the rest was 60-65. Today it is expected to be around 77°F in the afternoon, and for next week the forecast is around 10°F (and 38°F for the night)

We had one a week ago......thats gotta be the last one for this year.

Chance of frost predicted for tonight, but most likely only the higher elevations will get it. We are too close to the coast to get it.

First prediction for this season.

A frost last two nights.

Haven't had one yet, one almost-frost so far this fall, but I could use a hard frost to help my allergies.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Still no frost here yet, cool and rainy.
    I've Been Frosted

Woke up Friday morning to SNOW in upstate New York. I had just finished the final lawn mowing this week and still need to plant tulip bulbs.