Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another kitty may be hanging with the rest of the Ploss crew...11/27 UPDATE!!

Another kitty may be hanging with the rest of the Ploss crew...11/27 UPDATE!!

A BIG tuxedo cat was found dumped outside the Old Saybrook Animal Control. He was crammed into a carrier way too small for him.

My friend posted a video of this love muffin. He just wants to be loved. My friend Betty offered to keep him in her garage until he can be fully vetted. Then he'll be coming to my house. I'm giving another rescue a furrever home for Christmas, like I did Murphy. I'm hoping the crew will welcome him. He'll be isolated in my room till he gets acclamated.

I'll post pictures once I get him.
    Last edited by moosmom; 11-27-2010 at 08:48 AM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you Donna for being such a wonderful Cat Mom!
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and your whole crew!

Maggie, Pinot, and Coop
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18003955

Watch the video they've attached to the petfinder piece about this beautiful boy! He's a marshmallow. I just left a message with animal control. Hopefully they'll call me back. Then he can come home with me!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

What a love muffin

Beautiful, loving boy! He will sure appreciate being in your home.

Yes, he is a bit 'fluffy', but once your furkids get used to him, he might get some exercise - maybe from Buddy?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Catty1,

I was thinking in the line of Austin!! He's the wild one of the house now. Buddy has mellowed alot.

OH Donna, he is beautiful! I know I say it ALL the time, but I just love big kitties! He looks a lot like the large kitty at ARF right now, named Pierre. Except Pierre is MUCH bigger than "Xavier".
    I'm so glad you can bring him home and give him the love he obviously is craving.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a nice holiday story!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

OMG! He's beautiful!!! God has a special place in Heaven for you! How could anyone dump this gorgeous, sweet, boy? Anyway, I'm sure you will both be happier when Xavier is with you and your crew.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

He sure seems like a big lovebug. I hope that everything will work out. Good luck.

I spoke with Kate this morning from the Old Saybrook pound. They're taking Xavier (they're not even sure if he's male or female) to the vet to be tested. She wanted to know if, worse case scenario, he tests positive for leukemia/aids, if I was on the same page as far as him being euthanized. I'm praying he's okay. I'd like to bring him home for Christmas.

Prayers needed.

If he tests positive for FIV, let me know Donna, ok?? I already have one with FIV (Honeybun), I'd be happy to provide an home for another kitty with FIV, especially a big loving tuxie!

I can't take FeLV kitties, but FIV I can do.

Oh Jen, thank you so much!!!

I called Kate and left a message with animal control and told them to call me ASAP that if Xavier does test positive, he will still have a home.

Thank you for the offer, Jen. I'd hate to see a sweet boy like that put down when a furrever home is waiting!!

I'll let you know when I hear from her.
    Last edited by moosmom; 11-27-2010 at 08:54 AM.

No problem! I miss having a big tuxie boy in my home. I do hope he tests negative, just for his sake, but if he's positive for FIV, he's got a home here.

Beautiful tuxie

Sweetheart, I almost cried out loud when I saw Xavier's picture. He looked looked SO MUCH like my precious Nikki it was incredible. It was an emotional picture for me to look at, I got LES!