Thread: Really good news to end my senior year!

Really good news to end my senior year!

I don't know if anyone even noticed, but my posts have been slacking for sure. I've been busy with work, school, friend and family matters. This school year has been the best of my entire life. I knew it would be fun, but I didn't expect all these things to be going on. Anyway, a week ago I was awarded the NJ FFA Small Animal Care and Production Proficiency Award. It was nice to be awarded for a project I've been working for 4 years on, which includes all my volunteer work at the SPCA. I also got $250 out of it, $200 of it will be going toward my tuition. Not to mention, this also helps me toward my career a bit!

Today I got a big surprise. I was in physics when they called me to the main office. Of course, my initial thought was "what did I do?". I'm one of those dorks who never get in trouble or do anything. I think I have had 1 detention in my entire school career. I thought maybe because of my absences I was getting credit withdrawal or something and I couldn't graduate. Nope, the complete opposite. I was invited to the Senior Award Ceremony to receive a scholarship. I didn't apply for any through the school so I have no idea what it could be. Now the real shocker came when I got home and in the mail I got a $1000 () scholarship from the college sponsor. That was a tremendous surprise and I was so excited. I still am.

So I've had a pretty darn good year. Senior week is next week, which also means prom! I am really excited. I don't have work the whole week either.

Okay, well that's all my rambling for now. I probably won't be on too often, at least not for the next few weeks! Hope all is well around here.

Congratulations, that's excellent! See, good things DO come to those who work hard! And yes, we expect prom pictures, graduation pictures and everything! Have a great time!
    I've Been Frosted

LOL oh I can feel your excitement coming through, bet you are walking 5 inches off the ground, ha haa. Congrats all around!

Yeah, I can feel your excitement too! How excellent! What a wonderful, deserved surprise! I'm very proud of you! I loved my senior year too! Have fun and an awesome summer! You done good!!!

I've been Boooo'd!

That is all wonderful news!
    Hopefully we'll get to see a prom picture or two.

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Sounds like you're doing great Alyssa! I'm proud of you!
    Stop in when you can because we sure need our Mikey fixes and maybe a prom pic.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I'd say that's good news! Congratulations, you've earned it!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I don't know if anyone even noticed, but my posts have been slacking for sure. I've been busy with work, school, friend and family matters. This school year has been the best of my entire life. I knew it would be fun, but I didn't expect all these things to be going on. Anyway, a week ago I was awarded the NJ FFA Small Animal Care and Production Proficiency Award. It was nice to be awarded for a project I've been working for 4 years on, which includes all my volunteer work at the SPCA. I also got $250 out of it, $200 of it will be going toward my tuition. Not to mention, this also helps me toward my career a bit!

Today I got a big surprise. I was in physics when they called me to the main office. Of course, my initial thought was "what did I do?". I'm one of those dorks who never get in trouble or do anything. I think I have had 1 detention in my entire school career. I thought maybe because of my absences I was getting credit withdrawal or something and I couldn't graduate. Nope, the complete opposite. I was invited to the Senior Award Ceremony to receive a scholarship. I didn't apply for any through the school so I have no idea what it could be. Now the real shocker came when I got home and in the mail I got a $1000 () scholarship from the college sponsor. That was a tremendous surprise and I was so excited. I still am.

So I've had a pretty darn good year. Senior week is next week, which also means prom! I am really excited. I don't have work the whole week either.

Okay, well that's all my rambling for now. I probably won't be on too often, at least not for the next few weeks! Hope all is well around here.
    Congrats!! I had a feeling you'd be busy because of school, and wonderful to hear about the mail We sure would love the prom and the graduation pictures! My school year's gonna end soon too Well, CONGRATS AGAIN!

Congratulations! That's just fantastic. What good work you've been doing!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

WoW you go go.. That is Great News && Very Much Something to be Proud Of.. I will bet your parents are proud of you too.. Well Many Congrats && You Deserve to take a rest now.. Enjoy your summer..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Congratulations, you should be so proud of yourself. Enjoy every minute of your final year. We would love to hear what you receive at the awards ceremony - and also have some pictures to show us too.

Wow Alyssa... that's AWESOME! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You must be so proud, and I bet so are your parents! You have made such huge accomplishments! I remember Senior Week.... so much fun!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Big Congrats to you. All of your hard work did pay off, big time.
    I am so happy for you, congratulations.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt