Thread: Many apologies and retirement update

Many apologies and retirement update

First of all, many apologies for not being on Pet Talk as often as I used to. You know, since retirement I just don't have any desire to spend time on the 'puter. Merlin is by my side 24/7 and is very happy that I'm home more now.

As for volunteer work, I've already scheduled every Monday morning at the Cancer Society (not my office but another one) and I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can actually get out and volunteer for the cat sanctuary here: http://www.rapsociety.com/catsanctuary/.

Other than that I'm working very hard on losing weight. In addition to being a member of a gym and having a personal trainer, I've joined Weight Watchers and go to a meeting every Tuesday morning. So far (and it's only week 2) I've lost 6 pounds - only 28 more to go.

Lastly, many, many apologies for not keeping in touch with you (and you know who you are). I sit down at the 'puter and start to compose an email, then can't come up with anything interesting to say. I guess I've just been trying to recover from my years with BFH and the stress of work. I didn't think it would take so long to get over it.

Anyway, I'm back and anxious to get a virtual drink in Thursdays. Hope to see you there.

slick
    merlin
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Hi Slick! ..waves. How nice to see an update from you. It does take time to "recover" from a BFH, so I understand.

I'm sure Merlin is happy to have you home most of the day, I bet he can't get enough of you.

That sanctuary is where you went earlier, isn't it? What a wonderful place. It will be soothing for you just to be there and help out. Wish I could work in a place like that.

Losing more weight? Are you serious? The last picture I saw, it seemed you had lost enough, but perhaps you put a bit on again.

Enjoy your retirement and have fun!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

God bless you, Slick! So good to hear from you. Take all the time you need to unwind from the BFH, and if you start getting upset thinking about the past, just remember all the friends you have out here who love you so much. AND, you have Merlin as the perfect nurse!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hey Slick,

No apology necessary. Glad to her you're taking time out to enjoy your retirement. There IS life after PT. Happy Retirement!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Sounds like you have your hands full! That is great. We can deal with an occasional post from you, as long as we know you are movin' and shakin' up there.

So good to hear from you, my friend. Is that cat sanctuary the one Merlin came from? Bet that will be fun for you. It is time for you to enjoy your life now.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Slick,

You still haven't gotten into FULL retirement mode if you are "apologizing" for anything!! Work on it It is so great that you're out and doing all the things you want to do and spending time with your adorable Merlin.

Congratulations on the weight loss - you must feel terrific! Exercise feels so good and the benefits are fantastic

I too can hardly wait for this weather to change - summer could not come fast enough for me. Checked out the Sanctuary website - what an awesome way to spend quality time.

Stay well and be happy - that's your only job now

Evie sends kitty kisses

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

We are glad to hear from you! My Dad, many years ago, got "early retirement" when his company was trying to get rid of a lot of middle management - he was an engineer, not management, but he fit the criteria, and although they "lost" his paperwork several times, he did retire. About six months afterwards, I was talking to him, and he said "I am so busy now, it's a wonder I ever had time to work!"
    I've Been Frosted