Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friend

Friend

What a handsome boy you are!!!

Lucky you found the perfect friends in your new owners!

Hope you have a great day!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Friend, the beautiful black Lab!!!

You are simply stunning, Friend. And what a perfect name for a wonderful friend!!!! I can't imagine anyone abandoning you, but it sounds like you landed in a happy and loving family, exactly what you deserve!!!! Congratulations, beautiful boy, on being the Dog of the Day!!!

I love black labs. I have one myself,(she is 9 months old, called Zoya) and she says hi to Friend, all the way from Sweden.
    /Annika
    Annika & Zoya

Best Friend!

Good Morning Friend!! Oh my, not only is a beautiful Labbie our special honoree today, but as f it couldn't get any better, your'e a Jersey boy too!! (My home state!) I think your family could not have picked a better name; "Friend" says it all! And you know Friend, it doesn't matter if you're a field Lab, an English "style" Lab or a purebred...the important thing is that you are their most beautiful, loving, gentle and devoted best friend!! That spells L-A-B in my book! And as with most Labbies, "puppyhood" lasts well into their middle years!! Just ask my 4 yr. old Lab, Star!! You're so lucky to have found a family that knows how to cater to all of your Labbie needs! A LARGE backyard was our top priority as well when purchasing our home! It's sounds like you're in Labbie heaven, there Friend! And your Mom is right...ALL dogs are special. But today, dear Friend it is YOUR day to bask in the limelight as our most deserving Dog of the Day!! Congratulations dear Friend! Have a most Labalicious day of fun and frolic, celebrating your great honor!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 01-31-2003 at 05:51 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

You sure have a precious look about you, Friend. I'm very glad that your dad didn't have eyes for anyone but you that Christmas Eve night!
    P.S.: My dog is a Golden Retriever and she too jumps right into the tub at bath time! What good dogs you are!

Congratulations to Friend, our beautiful Dog of the day!

Friend, what a wonderful name for you, it's no wonder they picked that special name for you. You sound like the most true friend in the world to me!
    I'm glad your family loves you so much they consider you when they bought their new home, we also did the same. Now you have lots of room to run and play in
    I hope you have a very wonderful day

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Oh little Friend, I am sure glad your dad went to the shelter that night! You give all the "second hand dogs" out there some hope that they, too will find a family who will never abandon them! I'm so happy to hear that you are loved. You look precious and I'm sure you repay your owners every day for saving you! Here's to many more happy years running through that acre of land!
    You know where all those pet shop pups come from right? Puppy Mills!

Good Morning Friend and I say that with a smile on my face. What a beauty you are, I love that photo of you. From a big playful puppy to a wonderful sweet companion. How could anyone ask for more? I don't think there is any doubt about how much you are loved, your humans even bought a house with a big yard just for you to play in. Congratulations dear, sweet Friend Our Very Best Dog of the Day.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Thanks everyone!

Goodness- so many nice things everyone is saying about our little "Friend". it truly is his day to shine!

He is so happy here in the woods. Friend is 5 now- and calming down tremendously in comparison- but he is still quite the jumper. He's 80 poounds now. Still taller and thinner for a lab. The vet says he is very helathy.. He tends not to get fat- which is good! My fiance and I do trailruns here and sometimes he comes with us.. He loves it.

Friend would like to say a labbie hello to Star, Zoya and harcercy's golden as well! And all the other doggies who were rescued or still waiting for their perfect home.

Friend is very happy here and so are we.. ( we love NJ! born and bred here! as was Friend) He's truly a handsome boy, and a pretty darn good dog.He listens well - though sometimes his labbie instincts make him stubborn.

Have a great day everyone!
    Friend's mom.

Best wishes and doggy slobbers to you

Congratulations, sweet and shiny Friend! What a love you are. I understand your "puppy" overexuberance--my black lab Oreo is four and is still enthusiastic about everything, too. Have a wonderful time on your special day, Friend!

more hellos

we meant to send big woofs to Huney,Angus, Roxey & Daisy and Perry and Oreo- thanks for saying hi!

i wish i could figure out how to attach more pics of friend fo ryou all :O)

labby kisses to all...
    Best wishes and doggy slobbers to you

What a big ole stud you are my Friend!! You are a stunning gorgeous black boy! You rock!!

Oh YAY! Now we have 2 new Friends..hooman and furkid!! The bigger the better! what a very sleek, shiny, handsome boy your are dear Friend! Whatever breeds you're mixed with, is the best traits of all!! How lucky that you adopted each other and fill each others lives with such joy and happiness and playfullness!! Have the happiest of days, special one, our Friday, DOTD
    Last edited by K9karen; 01-31-2003 at 01:46 PM.

Friend

Friend sounds like and looks just like my black Lab, Chikoo. I adopted him this summer, when he was 15 months old.

He is also very tall and leggy, with a narrow face and big droopy ears. He also has a black spot on his tongue, like friend, which I had never seen before!

Chikoo does have papers tho and is registered, so that body type isnt completely off base. My older female black Lab isnt as tall as Chikoo, but also is the leggier type...our old obedience trainer called this the 'field type' lab, as was mentioned for Friend. I like the type, my dogs are runners and love covering ground on hikes.

The other dog in the pics is Harley, my Chessie female.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cinder

Cinder

Here's the other picture of Chikoo and Harley, it really shows his build. He'll still fill out more as he gets older tho.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Cinder