Thread: Movies

Movies

I was watching the video BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING a few weeks ago, i thought hey this makes a nice change, no heavy overtones of sex and violence, a romantic story with a bit of comedy thrown in, yeah a chick flick for sure, but hey i enjoyed it, and the best part was the lead roles were played by an actress who was not paper thin, and gorgeous, and a guy who was not drop dead gorgeous either, more like everyday average looking people.Has anyone else seen it and what do you think?
    I admit it was not the best movie i have seen but it was ok in my books
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I thought it was pretty good. Sam and I watched it as training for our upcoming Big Fat Puerto Rican Wedding.

now i do hope you are going to post pics of your wedding, having heard about it, you have to put us out of our misery and show us some pics, i am curious what your culture does at weddings, did you notice when they all spat on her dress going down the isle, hmmm cant say i liked that one much.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I thought it was pretty funny!

oh and while i remember i notice an american custom, of shoving wedding cake in each others mouths, hmm dont like that either, i would not like my makeup ruined for the day, not something we do here, but when my girlfriend married an american they did it, we thought it was a laugh, just different customs eh
    Furangels only lent.

No spitting or shoving at my wedding!!!

PR weddings aren't too different from your standard Western weddings, except they are usually very big (lots of guests) with lots of dancing and good food. Also, there is no such thing as a PR wedding without children. That would be unmentionable....weddings are about family.

Thats good to hear, my wedding had heaps of children at it, how long until the big day, u leave nz soon dont you, well good luck with everything, and the shift with Boo
    Furangels only lent.

We leave next Wednesday, Carole! So soon!!! Wanna come down to Wellington for our garage sale.

I still haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the tv show,
    my big fat greek life... though not for a few weeks, it is still on isn't it?

Originally posted by carole
    oh and while i remember i notice an american custom, of shoving wedding cake in each others mouths, hmm dont like that either, i would not like my makeup ruined for the day, not something we do here, but when my girlfriend married an american they did it, we thought it was a laugh, just different customs eh

OH NO!! I already warned Brian not to do that to me!!! My friend thinks it's fun and that we should do it, but I say no way!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

I thought it was ok. Not the best. It was pretty funny in some parts though

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I thought it was funny...

At our wedding, instead of shoving cake in each other's face, we turned and got the Maid of Honor (Dakota'sMommy) and The Best Man ( Ralph's younger brother)...just an idea for those planning weddings....

I liked the movie, it was funny.

I'm getting Married this summer, not sure when though, but it has to be before we move to Newfoundland. Its going to be very small, maybe 50 people tops, but I think it'll be closer to 20 people. Were getting married in an italian restarunt (neither of us have any italian in us) & then having the reception there as well. The reason were doing it there is because Rob use to work there & they loved him as their own. They were honnered when Rob asked if it could be held there. They said we'll get a deal on the food. On average each meal costs between 20.00 & $50.00. SO were telling everyone that all they have to do is show up & pay for their own food & were all set Not too sure if I'm gonna wear a dress though, I HATE them & Rob hates dressing up in a suit. Maybe we'll have a Jean wedding... hehehehe

Oh lord, we watched that movie is class i thought it was so DUMB. I couldn't stand it, i ended up just falling asleep.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

just curious

OK can anyone tell me what the custom is about, in america, with the cake thing, does it symbolize anything or is it just for fun, i always think, oh dear her makeup will be ruined on her special day, and does anyone know why they spat on her gown as she walked down the isle in the film, what is behind that tradition, any greek people out there who know, i am interested.
    Oh i would love to come to your garage sale soledad, love Wellington, what part r u in, anyway just kiddin, bit far to come, anyhow hope all goes well for you.
    Well as for the movie well, each to their own, some like some dont, as i said sure was not the best movie i have seen, but was a good family movie for once.
    Furangels only lent.