Thread: Have to leave my girls alone over the weekend

Have to leave my girls alone over the weekend

It's the first time I'm doing this since I got Luna (and Lily of course), and I'm a bit nervous.

I'm going to visit my sister in Stuttgart and we will see the "Dance of the Vampires"-musical on Saturday night.

Of course I'm looking forward to see that, but I hate to leave my babies alone! I know they'll have each other's company, and my neighbor will take good care of them, but I'm worried because Lily has the tendency to escape once the door of my apartment iopens. She's way too fast to catch her, and she immediately runs down the stairways, and she shows no fear! It happened to me several times she escaped, so I'm very worried this could happen while I'm away.

Please wish us luck!

Kirsten

Is it possible to keep Lily in a room behind two doors from the staircase and only open one at a time. That way, she'd be secure. Be sure to instruct your per sitter about this!

Have a nice trip and don't worry!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I totally understand, a few weeks ago I took an overnight trip and I was so nervous because Corkscrew and Tibby had never been left alone before. I'd always had a roommate and we would arrange our trips so that one of us would always be home. So I had a petsitter come that evening and morning to check up on them. Corkscrew is also a door darter, so I was scared he would run away. But when I came home they were both happy to see me, I could tell that while the sitter was here she gave them lots of attention.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Our petsitters also have this problem as Filou wants to escape just to show he can do it! And I always suspect they are too slow for this little Filou (he deserves his name ). But they always succeeded to keep him inside!

Have fun with the vampires! Do you ever come to Munich?

Unfortunately, that's not possible here because that would mean I have to keep her in only one room. All rooms here are leading to the hall where the entrance door is. I have built a cat protection thing which I'm setting up around the entrance door when I'm leaving, but it not 100% safe because they sneak into it. But it helps a bit.

Kirsten

Barbara, it's ages ago I last have been to Munich! I have an uncle living there but the last time I visited him was in 1989!

And it's embarassing but this is the first time I'm visiting my sister since she has moved to Stuttgart, and that's more then three years ago! I think this is why she got us the tickets the musical!

Kirsten

Tell the pet sitter to open the door just a little bit at first to guarentee that the kitties aren't there and then sort of slide into the room, foot and leg first, so that there really isn't a good opportunity for the kitties to escape.

Have fun. I'm sure your kitties will be ok.

These are not the droids you were looking for

Tell the pet sitter to open the door just a little bit at first to guarentee that the kitties aren't there and then sort of slide into the room
    Yes, I already told her that. We have also placed a toy outside the appartment, so Lily can be lured back with that one!

Kirsten

Kirsten, Please try not to worry. I'm sure both Luna and Lily will be just fine. Sky is my door dasher too and he was fine while I away for about 10 days. Good luck and have fun.