Thread: Cat Grass?

Cat Grass?

I just bought Clive some cat grass. (was at the pet store with Owen, and felt guilty just buying HIM a treat)....

Do your cats like it? is it something you can GROW?

I have catnip growing and i dry my own, clive loves that!
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Edwina loves cat grass. It is also called wheat grass. I have grown it from seeds. It grows VERY fast!

Hey! I just grew both catnip and cat grass from seeds. They were easy to grow and I just let the kitties go to town on the grass. They love it!

How do I dry the catnip?
    ~Kat

Debra (blk/wht) is my only cat interested in cat grass, so I grow it for her and she loves to nibble on it! Never thought of growing catnip . . . where do you get the seeds??
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I got seeds on line. and also bought a small catnip plant that is now HUGE. To dry it I just cut it and leave it in the sun (out of reach, which is hard) then crumble it.

Thanks for the tips on the grass, I gave Clive a little and he loved it ! Now to grow my own....
    Last edited by babolaypo65; 10-05-2003 at 09:52 PM.
    -babolaypo

Only that which is the other gives us fully unto ourselves.
    -Sri Yogananda

It's important to have an end to journey toward but it's the journey that matters in the end.
    -Ursula Leguin

Ripley and Jazz absolutely love cat grass. Scout will take it or leave it. I buy it on ebay, it's called wheat grass. I've also bought organic oat grass but it doesn't seem to last as long. I have to be careful to not let Rip eat too much or he will throw up.

Here's a pic of Ripley and Jazz chowing down.

From Decker with Love

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    My two love the cat grass - better for them to chew on that than on my plants as they do when the cat grass dies down. The organic wheat grass is less pricey than the cat grass at Petco, but they don't seem to like it as much. Picky kids! I'm going to try growing my own again - I used to do that for my RB Goldie, but she was never too crazy about it. I remember it was very easy to grow, just didn't last too long.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Kelcee would LOVE it if we let her have cat grass. But she throws up. Poor girl. When the back door is open more than a second, she tries to race out and chomp the grass growing tall by the side of the deck. Then she comes in and throws up severl times on the white carpet, while walking Poor Kelcee.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

thats one of the reasons cats eat grass. they eat it for the vitamens,and to help get hairballs up. my cats meow at me to go out in the mornings,just so they can get some grass. sence i live in the country,no grasses are sprayed with anything either. i even pull a handfull of grass to bring into the house for them. musicmaker

I bought a little plant from Petsmart. It didn't last long at all, maybe a week, then it just withered away.Maybe I should try growing my own from seeds. I would love to try to grow catnip as well. My cats love both. I think it is important for them, since they never go outside.

Kim, I love my signature! Thanks!

My dear sister in law Catharine bought my Cats Cat grass last Xmas! and I cannot beleive how fast that they ate it all up! So now I buy it on a regular basis , and they love it! And it seems to be good for them!Mrrrrreeeeeewwwww!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I have grown it before, but neither one of my cats paid any attention to it... ! They prefer the real thing

Originally posted by musicmaker
    thats one of the reasons cats eat grass. they eat it for the vitamens,and to help get hairballs up. my cats meow at me to go out in the mornings,just so they can get some grass. sence i live in the country,no grasses are sprayed with anything either. i even pull a handfull of grass to bring into the house for them. musicmaker
    Mini and Tabasco do that too. They scoff the catgrass, then vomit when they get inside. It seems to help with furballs.

Ours don't really like catnip, but I am trying to germinate some seeds now to plant under the fruit trees, as it's apparently a great companion plant for fruit trees
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy