Thread: Question to Edwina's Secretary...

Question to Edwina's Secretary...

I ordered a Walking Jacket for Julie and I was wondering about how long it took them to get used to them. Julie is not fond of a collar and tries to wrestle out of it, so I thought the jacket might be a bit more secure for her. I've read the instructions online for introducing it tho the cat. I was just curious what their reactions were to it. She sits by the window and wants out but I won't let her run free outside. I would like to leash train her.

I won't kid you and say they like the walking jacket but it is a non-negotiable item. They stand by the door and beg, dance around avoiding the jacket. I walk away. Edwina has "been there, done that." She sits patiently and will walk on it. Eddie, who has only had his about a month, still does the slinky thing, and doesn't walk on his leash well yet. When he sees something interesting he forgets to slink. It's hard to say...this is just one of the fews times I am the absolute boss. No jacket, stay inside.

BTW....don't leave it loose. Eddie got his foot caught up in the neck and scared me half to death. A snug but not tight fit is best.

(Also, BTW...I've never read the instructions..... I'm like that though.... )

The fashion queen...

Bear in mind that Miss Edwina wears hats...a fashion sense rarely seen in the feline persuasion
    Claudia

Bear in mind that Miss Edwina wears hats...a fashion sense rarely seen in the feline persuasion
    This is very true...I don't think Miss Julie would go for the hats at all.

I figure it will take her some time to adjust to it. The instructions sound like its about a two weeks period to introduce it to them and get them associated with the jacket and going out.
    I took her outside today holding her and she got pretty vocal. Her tail puffed out and she was ready to come back in. If she really doesn't like it outside I won't push the issue...but I think the fresh air and sunshine would be good for her. She was ok until I left the deck...then she got noisey so she may be content with staying up on the deck.... and thats not a bad thing.

Thanks for the input!

Originally posted by nibblets
    I took her outside today holding her and she got pretty vocal. Her tail puffed out and she was ready to come back in. If she really doesn't like it outside I won't push the issue...but I think the fresh air and sunshine would be good for her. She was ok until I left the deck...then she got noisey so she may be content with staying up on the deck.... and thats not a bad thing.
    You are doing the right thing by taking things easy.

Going outside for the first time is very scary.

Our Tigs looked at the sky and laid down on the ground and cried, we whisked him back inside asap.

Five minutes later he was headbutting the now-locked cat flap wanting to go outside ?!?WTF

But in conclusion only take her as far as she wants to go.