Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got the new Lord of the Rings-dvd already?

Has anyone got the new Lord of the Rings-dvd already?

In Germany, the release date for "The Return of the King" was today; I had my copy in the mail this morning and of course I immediately had to watch and bawled my eyes out in the end - as already happened when I saw the movie in the cinema in December.

Still haven't seen the dvd with the extras yet, but I plan to do it later today.

Has anyone else ordered a copy?

Kirsten

Yep, I am getting it today. Like I can wait longer to get that DVD-
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

I'm going for holidays so I won't have time to see it before. But I will have the 3 DVDs (haven't any up to now, only the video of the first part) and will see them all together

I'm excersizing massive amounts of self-control and NOT buying the DVD today, because I'm hoping my hubby gets it for my birthday Monday. If he doesn't, I'll be at the nearest store in a flash. Because I just cannot wait any longer to see the charge of the Rohirrim again (THAT part makes me cry...is that weird? )

Also...I heard today that they probably won't release the Extended Edition until January. January!!!! Is that cruel or what?!

YLL, I was the same. As soon as I got it today, it's been in the dvd player!

Wow, Barbara, that's more than 9 hours in a row! LOL I'm not sure if I will ever do that!

Twink, I know what you mean about the Rohirrim! It's overwhelming!

I'll hope you'll get the dvd for yor birthday!
    And yes, January is more than cruel (I was hoping they would release it before Christmas), but that way there's at least still something to look forward to. Because what the SEE is released, it's really the end...

Kirsten

I am watching it right now. I have it paused because dad is talking on the phone. As soon as he's off, I am pressing play!
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

We bought it today and plan to watch it this weekend if time permits.

From Decker with Love

Yep I bought it today

Hubby got off work yesterday and went screaming to the store first thing to buy it I saw the first one because he dragged me to the theater and I managed to sit through it - I liked it - sort of. I mean the scenery is nice and the hairy toed hobbit creatures were OK. I just do not get the excitement though. Well, he disappeared into the TV room last night while I read on PT of course
    Afterwards he came back here all emotional and about to cry and I am like "whaaa???...you are crying over hairy toed Dildo and Frobo Baggins?" He rolls his eyes as if I am an alien and will NEVER understand.
    What is it that I am missing?????

(he never likes MY movies either )

LOL, I don't know...

I cannot tell, but there's something in these movies that touches me deep down inside. Maybe it's the power of friendship and the belief that they're something good that's worth fighting for. Great characters and a beautiful scenery. Also, the loyalty and friendship between cast and crew during the two-years-filming in New Zealand, which also reflects in their play. Just a great atmosphere and wonderfully to watch - and it's so sad in the end to say good bye...

Kirsten

It's one of the books you can live in

If I could wish to change the world I would wish for some unicorns, elves and dragons to be here.

Which qualifies me as irreparable romantic

P.S. There are some dragons but they don't look half as interesting as they should

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    you are crying over hairy toed Dildo and Frobo Baggins?" He rolls his eyes as if I am an alien and will NEVER understand.
    ROFLOL!!!!!!
    I actually got into these movies more than my husband which is unual because I was probably the only kid in the late 70s who thought that Star Wars was stupid when it first came out and I never got into the series. There is just something about these mystical stories that really hit home with me. A very good escape from reality.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by sirrahbed
    you are crying over hairy toed Dildo and Frobo Baggins?" He rolls his eyes as if I am an alien and will NEVER understand.

It's Frodo and Bilbo.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Well, darn, THREE of my favorite PT people in a row LOVE these movies so I must be missing something and it bugs me now! I watched the actors at the Oscars and saw all the obvious camaraderie that existed among the cast as well as the crew - not to mention all the gold they hauled off ...and it WAS rather impressive. My oldest son is totally entralled by these movies which I find odd because he is a total geek. An engineer at a research institute!. For fun, he powerlifts, wrestles and plays rugby. I wouldn't think he any sense of *magical* in him. Missy (sirrahsim) and her hubby watch them and everyone loves the books as well. We have had the books around the house always as far as I can remember because hubby would read and re-read them, then my oldest son, then Missy. I *started* to read_The Hobbit_. (yeah hubby made me!)
    Well, darn it. Now we have all three DVD's and I am going to make myself sit through all three of them I am bound and determined to see what I am missing. Stubborn I guess but shheeesh - one of my degrees is in LITERATURE. I should be able to see value in ALL literature and creative work.
    Besides, Kirsten -I need to feel touched inside - that sounds like me. I want to believe there is good worth fighting for. Barbara, I LOVE books I can live in, I read tons of books and LOVE to disappear into the scenes, plots and people. And Lori, God knows we all need an escape from reality!!